Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why are items so cheap on eBay?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I buy many cosmetics from ebay. Providing they have great feedback I will buy from them. I myself sell on there from time to time and they are mostly products I buy directly from the skincare companies distrubitor.
janetquinn@alltel.net
5% products discount

Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
when you are a distributor of makeup brands many times you get bonusus with purchase for cheap prices or free, these can be sold on ebay for cheap. also sample sizes and breakout of kit deals can be sold cheap.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
i am looking at buying valmont cabin size products from Ebay.... 1 ebay seller i am eye-ing have lots of good comments...

god thay are such great deals !!!! 3 times / 4 times the size of retail size products, but only 1.5 times the price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone either stop me.......... or encourage me, pls ~~~~

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
its the only way I can afford to buy all my skin stuff,especially skinmedica.I buy from sellers with lots of sales and positive feedback.I have been buying for years both from doctors and ebay and there has not been any difference in the quality,only price.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Some of my earlier ebay experieces have not been good. One of the first things I bought was a new leather jacket and could only pay by cashier's check (I now only buy items that I can pay by pay pal). I never received the jacket and when I went to look up the seller, it had disappeared! So I was out that money.

A couple of years ago, my son wanted to buy an xbox so we bid on many of them but couldn't seem to win. We then had a guy from the states contact us saying that he had seen that we had bid on one and that he had a used one for sale and would sell it to us at an agreed price for the xbox and shipping. Now I can't believe we did it, but we did, and we paid through pay pal. Fortunately he was an honest guy and did send us the xbox, but he wasn't too smart a shipper. When he went to ship the xbox, it cost him $80 to ship instead of the $30 he had originally been told so we split the cost of the difference. Then instead of marking "gift" on the package, he wrote what the item was worth new, not what we paid, so we had to pay customs and brokerage fees that were ridiculous. So after it was all said and done, we ended up paying more that a brand new one would have cost. We learned a huge lessson on that one.

But lately I have had very positive experiences from buying on ebay. I've been buying a lot of Dr Hauscka from ebay. I've read that sometimes they are cheaper because of the expiration dates, but the expirations dates have been even longer that the items I have bought from EDS, so I am happy. And my husband buys alot of hockey cards and so far it's all been good.
Jimena
5% products discount

Sat May 12, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
My question is:

What about makeup items such as MAC or Bobbi Brown? They are sold in dept stores or in their online site, so how do these people have such a huge amount of items???

MAC is not sold in a normal store...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I admit it - I AM AN EBAY ADDICT.
I have been buying off of ebay for years now and my experiences have been very good.
I buy 75% of my skincare from ebay but always make sure they are reputable power sellers with at least 99% feedback. If for some reason, my item doesn't reach me, which has happened a couple of times, I can file a claim with Paypal and have always gotten a refund. I have saved hundred of dollars.
If you have never used Ebay before, make sure you sign up with Paypal and always fund the purchase with your Credit Card. It's the safest way.
My latest purchase - B Kamins night cream $136 at EDS - $10 on Ebay. It was fresh and expires in 2008. Hey, you can't beat that.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
haha can you share which sellers you buy from? I've never bought skincare from ebay before because there are too many to search.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
haha can you share which sellers you buy from? I've never bought skincare from ebay before because there are too many to search.

Depends on what products you are looking for. What are you interested in?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
rofl I'm glad you posted that, Katee! I'm cracking up!

It made me laugh out loud and I'm sure that there are others out there who could use a good comedic jolt, as well!
Worth a big BUMP in my books.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
The sellers pee in the bottles....

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

Sorry, folks - this is what I wanted to BUMP. Oh well, I think the moment is lost... Embarassed
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Some of the items are fakes.
Also, the seller doesn't have any overheads that shop does e.g. lighting and wages.

i bought some fake valmont from ebay before...never will try anymore.. Sad
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
The sellers pee in the bottles....

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

omg... Shock Shock
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
i was looking to buy a lancome mascara from ebay and emailed the seller why it didnt have a box. s/he was really nice and replied INSTANTLY saying that they get it from warehouses that have accidently damaged the box so lancome counters dont sell then, but the actual mascara was in perfect condition. i decided to not go ahead and bid cos i was basicly quite broke at the time and couldnt afford it.

definately dont buy from asia registered sellers cos their goods are so poor quality. i bought a jacket from one seller, and even tho the actual jacket and the pic looked kinda similar, it was made of such poor fabrics!

however, that hasnt put me off buying things from ebay. i just buy from sellers between 99-100% positive 100+ feedback and in the UK and also, if they have a gaurentee money back scheme or post by registered mail.

im looking to buy from this ebay shop - simply skincare http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Simply-Skincare - for DR Hauschka stuff cos its quite cheap there but they didnt post the expiry date on the description, but i will email them for it. has anyone bought from them???

5% products discount

Sat May 12, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
We should open a new thread about serious Ebay Stores or buyers...Everyone could add the ones she knows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
ayapp wrote:
Emma2006 wrote:
Some of the items are fakes.
Also, the seller doesn't have any overheads that shop does e.g. lighting and wages.

i bought some fake valmont from ebay before...never will try anymore.. Sad

OMG that must have been so upsetting!!! I would have freaked out! How much did you pay? This might sound stupid but when did you realize it was a fake? Was it immediate? Did they even try to mimic the cream somehow?
pudoodles
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Jimena wrote:
We should open a new thread about serious Ebay Stores or buyers...Everyone could add the ones she knows.

This is a great idea! It would be a huge help for someone haven't bought much from ebay yet
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
I admit it - I AM AN EBAY ADDICT.
I have been buying off of ebay for years now and my experiences have been very good.
I buy 75% of my skincare from ebay but always make sure they are reputable power sellers with at least 99% feedback. If for some reason, my item doesn't reach me, which has happened a couple of times, I can file a claim with Paypal and have always gotten a refund. I have saved hundred of dollars.
If you have never used Ebay before, make sure you sign up with Paypal and always fund the purchase with your Credit Card. It's the safest way.
My latest purchase - B Kamins night cream $136 at EDS - $10 on Ebay. It was fresh and expires in 2008. Hey, you can't beat that.

Well that is just AWESOME! I've acquired some really great bags for under $20 CDN on ebay..someone misrepresented their product once but I didn't dispute it...didn't want to risk bad feedback..Can you tell us about any more oustanding skincare purchases you've made on ebay? Would love to know!
pudoodles
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Puddoodles,

Where do I start? I have ordered over 100 skincare products from Ebay in the last few months. In the last month, I got -
Ojon Restorative Treatment - $15.00
B Kamins day cream SPF 15 - worth $136 for $18
Avene Retrinal 1% for $6.00
JB SkinPrep 4oz - $40.00
Too Faced Lip Injection - 3 for $15.00
I always check out how much shipping is first and rarely pay more than $6. Some sellers have outrageous shipping costs. Avoid them.
A couple of months ago, I added up my recent deals on Ebay and figured out that I had about $1000 worth of products and they cost me $150 including shipping.
Keep in mind, I don't work, hubby's at work all day, kid's have moved out on their own, and I have all the time in the world to search for the deals. It's become like a hobby. My husband doesn't mind all the packages arriving in the mail because I show him how much I saved and he gets a kick out of it.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Pudoodles"][quote="ayapp"][quote="Emma2006"]Some of the items are fakes.
Also, the seller doesn't have any overheads that shop does e.g. lighting and wages.[quote]

i bought some fake valmont from ebay before...never will try anymore.. Sad[quote]

OMG that must have been so upsetting!!! I would have freaked out! How much did you pay? This might sound stupid but when did you realize it was a fake? Was it immediate? Did they even try to mimic the cream somehow?
pudoodles[quote]

Oh i really need to watch out from such sellers and products, coz i was about to order valmont cabin size products (which cost a fortune) from a seller !! (currently 1 from canada, and 1 from singapore)

Can i ask what did u get, where the seller's from, and how did u find out it's a fake ? is it diluted / what ?

Confused Confused Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Puddoodles,

Where do I start? I have ordered over 100 skincare products from Ebay in the last few months. In the last month, I got -
Ojon Restorative Treatment - $15.00
B Kamins day cream SPF 15 - worth $136 for $18
Avene Retrinal 1% for $6.00
JB SkinPrep 4oz - $40.00
Too Faced Lip Injection - 3 for $15.00
I always check out how much shipping is first and rarely pay more than $6. Some sellers have outrageous shipping costs. Avoid them.
A couple of months ago, I added up my recent deals on Ebay and figured out that I had about $1000 worth of products and they cost me $150 including shipping.
Keep in mind, I don't work, hubby's at work all day, kid's have moved out on their own, and I have all the time in the world to search for the deals. It's become like a hobby. My husband doesn't mind all the packages arriving in the mail because I show him how much I saved and he gets a kick out of it.

Oh my gosh, Debster - that is just fantastic!!! I am not as seasoned an ebayer as you are but I DO get a big kick when I get stupendous deals (and I, too, brag to hubbie about it!)...I can't believe you got three Lip Injections for $15!! That is just great! If you have any other tips you'd be willing to share, then please, do tell! ( I mean really, Skin Prep for $40?! - amazing!)
Thanks again
pudoodles
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any eBay horror stories, but just thought I'd ask if any of you have sniping software?
I use "JBidWatcher" which is freeware and works on all platforms. http://www.jbidwatcher.com/ I can't tell you the fun I've had snatching something in the last 5 seconds from some poor schmo who thinks he/she has it in the bag Razz
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
i know the staff of cosmetics company have special discount for their products.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I don't have any eBay horror stories, but just thought I'd ask if any of you have sniping software?
I use "JBidWatcher" which is freeware and works on all platforms. http://www.jbidwatcher.com/ I can't tell you the fun I've had snatching something in the last 5 seconds from some poor schmo who thinks he/she has it in the bag Razz

Is that legal? I am surprised that ebay can't institute a firewall that detects bidding software...oh well..
Schmo
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
anya wrote:

Is that legal? I am surprised that ebay can't institute a firewall that detects bidding software...oh well..
Schmo

I've never heard of that. I think I've been that poor schmo way too many times. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |