Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Who hides their packages and credit card bills from hubby?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
When my Jan Marini Eyelash came in the mail, I rushed to open it because hubby was coming home. I ripped it out of the package and threw the box underneath my children's bathroom sink. I now guard the mailbox in case something comes in and I'm so afraid something will come on Saturday when he's home. I have to minimize the screen when I hear him coming because he's caught me on this forum so many times and I'm sick of his comments. He did say today that at least my * spam alert * to this site is better than being addicted to onlin ------------! Uh oh, hubbys coming, gotta go.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
noleRN wrote:
When my Jan Marini Eyelash came in the mail, I rushed to open it because hubby was coming home. I ripped it out of the package and threw the box underneath my children's bathroom sink. I now guard the mailbox in case something comes in and I'm so afraid something will come on Saturday when he's home. I have to minimize the screen when I hear him coming because he's caught me on this forum so many times and I'm sick of his comments. He did say today that at least my * spam alert * to this site is better than being addicted to onlin ------------! Uh oh, hubbys coming, gotta go.

rofl I definitely hide most strange things like JM lash intervention from my boyfriend, I'm sure he'd be pretty supportive and wouldn't think that I'm being ridiculous or grossly shallow, but I would so much rather him think that I effortlessly appear the way I do. He also cares nothing about skin care, so he would possibly see this as an unhealthy * spam alert * or obsession, but I see it more as a hobby really. But there's really no way he could relate, so I try to let him know as little as possible. I'm sure he'd be happier thinking I just have naturally full lips, lashes, and clear skin Laughing If only he knew... But gosh, when stuff comes in the mail, I definitely try to hide it because I have spent a lot more money than I'd like him to know about...
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have officially notified my Fed Ex guy NOT to deliver packages if he sees my husbands car in the driveway. Packages from Holts are furtively shoved under the bed and tell-tale fancy shmancy bag shredded or shoved into garbage bag at the earliest convenience. Luckily I'm home & intercept most stuff.

I really don't need to hear about the 'million' potions I have in the bathroom -o.k. so there's no room for his stuff, but what does a guy NEED-and that my mother (she's 84) dosen't have a wrinkle on her face & only rinses with water. Never used a cream-ever . This is actually true-that's why I hate hearing it. Embarassed
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I have officially notified my Fed Ex guy NOT to deliver packages if he sees my husbands car in the driveway.

Marina, that's such a good idea!!! I'm considering getting a P.O. box, but I know a lot of places don't deliver to them. I wonder if EDS does...
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Shhh I do. I faked sick ("I got CRAMPS dear!")once to wait for UPS to deliver and skip the gym because I knew I had a package coming that day, the second one that week!
Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
My husband saw my Dr. Hauschka face cream receipt. >< I had to explain it was like electronics. I think he understands now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mine never complains, but I still hide the boxes. Got one today and rushed the packing out to the trash can outside and threw a bag of garbage on top. I also hide clothes. Shhh

Sad thing is, I don't know why I do this. He always says "get what you need." He actually realizes what hard work it is to be a woman. He bought me an incredible $350.00 Calvin Klein coat this week. (I returned it because I just couldn't. I already have four gorgeous coats, and it doesn't get that cold here.) I don't understand why I do this. hmm
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
My husband is good.
We have what is called our envelope fund. each week we put some money into an envelope and that is our spending money.
It is excellent as I can buy my beauty products without feeling guilty.
He can buy his car cleaning stuff - expensive waxes.
He polishes the car and I polish my face.
Razz
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Not me, I tell him that they are samples(most are) or part of my new skincare research....then if he dares ask too much, I accuse him of being controlling and to please not stifle my creativity and hobbies...this has conditioned him to say nothing at all...
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Mine never complains, but I still hide the boxes. Got one today and rushed the packing out to the trash can outside and threw a bag of garbage on top. I also hide clothes. Shhh

Sad thing is, I don't know why I do this. He always says "get what you need." He actually realizes what hard work it is to be a woman. He bought me an incredible $350.00 Calvin Klein coat this week. (I returned it because I just couldn't. I already have four gorgeous coats, and it doesn't get that cold here.) I don't understand why I do this. hmm

You just reminded me...I have a jacket hidden in the closet!! My husband just thinks it's all over priced (jeez! I didn't realize that!) and that I don't need it-what does he know. I don't think he's falling for the samples thing anymore. Funny thing is, the J & B were full size free products-but I don't think he believed me Rolling Eyes
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! If he knew I spent $130 on my eyelashes...OMG...I would NEVER hear the end of it. I have a hair appointment today and my hubby is babysitting the kids (I don't understand how you can "babysit" your own kids, but that's what my husband calls it.) I just know something else is going to come in the mail today while I'm gone. Yesterday, I came home from picking my daughter up from school and hubby had come home early. There were 2 pkgs sitting in my chair. Dang UPS man. Why do they have to come to the door?!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
My worst nightmare is that one day Mr. FedEx & Mr. DH will arrive in the driveway at the same time. Then it'll be "Lucy, you have some splainin' to do!" Rolling Eyes
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Another one for the hide the boxes, try to get home before the mail incase the CC bill is their club! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I do this because my husband asked me to do so. Laughing Once he told me that he is o'k with my spendings if it fits our budget, but he didn't want to know how much i spend. It makes him nervous even though he understands the importance of taking care of my skin skin right now, so we can save on plastic surgery later. Laughing
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
This is so funny. Your husbands sound like mine. He always tells me to get what I need, or "do whatever you want to do". I usually tell him stuff is free, or really cheap. He'll look in the bathroom cupboard and say "you got enough sh** in there?, but nothing else. If he ever asks how much things cost, I just say I can't remember, make up a figure, and then change the subject. The other day I had a package delivered by ups in my mudroom and I just opened it up in front of him, threw the slip away (and honestly, it was solbar sunscreen from dermstore, and it really was cheap) and go put it away. Its alot easier when they come usps because I can get them while i am at work.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
I do this because my husband asked me to do so. Laughing Once he told me that he is o'k with my spendings if it fits our budget, but he didn't want to know how much i spend. It makes him nervous even though he understands the importance of taking care of my skin skin right now, so we can save on plastic surgery later. Laughing

omg! this is hilarious!! i wish my boyfriend would say that to me. He's all "i'd love you if you were covered in wrinkles" yeah, he better love me then but he's not going to wanna jump some wrinkly hags bones Laughing
AndrewL123
5% products discount

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
LOL this is the funniest thread ever!! Guess nobody is a controlling wife here Wink

Well the guy's version is so much easier. Im not married...only 19 Very Happy but my gf recently saw my bill for the products I have ordered to try...and you know she starts to yell, complain, and tells me they don't work and that this forum is BS.

This is coming from a girl that is gifted in my opinion. She literally washes her face with plain water 3 different times before we sleep and SCRUBS super hard till her face gets like pure red. The outcome of that is super clear skin. However, I blame it on her genes...she complains to me when she has the SMALLEST LITTLE pimple. I'm like OMG LOOK AT MY FACE WOMAN!! THOSE ARE PIMPLES!!

Ah I'll stop my rant...long story short whenever she yells at me for buying products, I just yell at her for buying so much damn cloths!! Cool
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
AndrewL123,

ah bless..you are super funny man...that gave me the giggles..

thankfully my guy does not care and always has the right answer aka "you are lovely honey"
smart guy.

i also always say "yeah sweetie your abs look like brat pitt" after his sojourn to the gym (60% sauna)
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
My husband is good.
We have what is called our envelope fund. each week we put some money into an envelope and that is our spending money.
It is excellent as I can buy my beauty products without feeling guilty.
He can buy his car cleaning stuff - expensive waxes.
He polishes the car and I polish my face.
Razz

Are you doing the total money makeover?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
My husband used to be really bad and I used to hide everything, but I told him that I didn't like to ask him for things since I work. So we almost got a divorce over this. Now I have my own bank account and I can spend it on whatever I want without asking. If there is no money there then I dont buy it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I guess my wife is lucky. I buy a lot of new skin care/ makeup products for her. If she orders new stuff she usually can't wait to show it to me. She has my total support.

Actually, I'm the one who spends more time online in forums than she does. Very Happy
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:

i also always say "yeah sweetie your abs look like brat pitt" after his sojourn to the gym (60% sauna)
Very Happy

lol! My gym trips used to be 60% sauna too. My new one doesn't have one Crying or Very sad I go to the gym half as much now Laughing
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
No hiding of anything here... I actually rip the packages open in front of him and show him what new stuff I got. Half the time he doesn't ask what it costs 'cuz he just doesn't wanna know... He just rolls his eyes at me and then continues to play on one of the gazillion video game systems we have! LOL. I blow money on eyelash serums and clothes for my dog and he blows his money on video games, DVDs and other electronics. It all evens out in the end!

ETA: If he does ask about cost and IF I tell him and he gets irritated... I tell him it's just as much for him as it is for me. Doesn't he want me to pretty for him every day?! Laughing
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I do not hide anything... Although my bf has commented a couple of times that the stuff must cost a fortune, the products that I use really don't.... plus I have got him started on one product... and just gave him a 2nd, so he will be right there with me soon!

heehee!
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Oh, this thread is hysterical! I love it. I used to hide stuff from my dear hubby because he complained at the amount of money I spent even though we each have our own money to spend. Then, one day about 20 years ago..........I told him that "the day you or ANYONE else tells me how I can spend the money I work so hard for is the day that person can start supporting me." poof! no more problems. After all, I'm not a "cheap date". LOL
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |