Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ORGANIC Sun Protection.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone using a sunscreen with no parabens or any other chemicals? Preferably containing zinc and at least SPF30.

I'm using Juice Beauty 30+, but this only has Titanium in it. I do really like this though... Although it is a bit shiny on me sometimes.

TIA!
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucinda, I've used this Badger Block in the past, I go back to it when my skin is really sensitive or breaking out,
http://www.bizrate.com/skincareproducts/oid460139346.html
It leaves a white cast, as do all zinc blocks, and it also is quite shiney, but it has great ingredients.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks. The ingredients are great!

Active Ingredient: 20.5% Micronized Zinc Oxide
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Natural Beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, Wild African Shea Butter, Organic CO2 Extract of Seabuckthorn Berry, and Essential Oils of Lavender, Moroccan Blue Tansy, Ylang Ylang, Lime, and Orange.

So this does not block your pores or anything?
Do you think it would be not very nice for daily use because it is too shiny? What type of skin do you have? I am very pale, so the white cast might not be obvious...
Thanks! Smile
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
Wow, thanks. The ingredients are great!

Active Ingredient: 20.5% Micronized Zinc Oxide
Ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Natural Beeswax, Jojoba Oil, Organic Cocoa Butter, Wild African Shea Butter, Organic CO2 Extract of Seabuckthorn Berry, and Essential Oils of Lavender, Moroccan Blue Tansy, Ylang Ylang, Lime, and Orange.

So this does not block your pores or anything?
Do you think it would be not very nice for daily use because it is too shiny? What type of skin do you have? I am very pale, so the white cast might not be obvious...
Thanks! Smile

I'm very pale and the white cast isn't really noticable on my skin (esp. with a mineral make up powder on top). I have oily acneic skin, and this didn't clog my pores. It actually helped clear my breakouts. I learned after going shiney for a while (it wasn't that bad) If you put a loose powder/mineral make up over it, it takes care of the shine (and like I said above, the white cast).
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and I'm glad to here you like the ingredients, it's definitely the highest quality natural block I've used. It just took a while for me to learn the right way to apply (not too much and powder on top). It also has a great smell unlike most nasty smelling sun products.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I will definitely try this out. Smile
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Is it safe to use micronised zinc? Maybe it is just bad memory but I remember people being concerned about zinc particles being too small and then being absorbed into the skin. The implication is that it is a bad thing.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Is it safe to use micronised zinc? Maybe it is just bad memory but I remember people being concerned about zinc particles being too small and then being absorbed into the skin. The implication is that it is a bad thing.

I'm pretty certain that there is no evidence that micronized zinc particles are dangerous, but I'm not sure about nano-particles.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
Thanks! I will definitely try this out. Smile

Hope it works out for you Lucinda!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Cool! Now I can buy micronised zinc type sunscreens without worry. Thank you!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
delated--have you tried their lip balm with spf? it turned my lips WHITE. I am very afraid to try their sunblock for that reason.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
delated--have you tried their lip balm with spf? it turned my lips WHITE. I am very afraid to try their sunblock for that reason.

I was looking at the lip balm on their website.
Could you wear a lip tint over it to give your lips colour?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda--it's really bad. it's like painting your lips with whiteout actually. i am really afraid of badger balm's spf products....though i like their regular lip balms.

you should stop by a retailer that sells their products before you purchase to test it out. i wasn't able to return the lip balm, it didn't cost too much, but i just feel totally ripped off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
hmm... I will stop by Whole Foods tomorrow, I think they have it there... I guess the face sunscreen might be similar... But I am VERY pale, so it might not be a problem.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
hmm... I will stop by Whole Foods tomorrow, I think they have it there... I guess the face sunscreen might be similar... But I am VERY pale, so it might not be a problem.

My experience with the lip balm was BAD too, which was suprising. The face block goes n and comes off so easily and smoothly, this stuff was drying and wouldn't wash off my lips!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear that you did not have the same experience with the face cream! Smile
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
You might also want to try Lavera or Dr Hauschka sunscreen products. Both organic and excellent lines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Lavera and Dr.H s/s products are nice, but they have titanium oxide, not Zn oxide as an active ingredient. So, I think it's a nice everyday s/s when you don't spend a lot of time outside, but it doesn't give enough protection for outside activities.
madeline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
California baby Is THE BEST natural sun screen on the market, hands down.
http://www.californiababy.com/spf-suncare.html Very Happy
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
madeline wrote:
California baby Is THE BEST natural sun screen on the market, hands down.
http://www.californiababy.com/spf-suncare.html Very Happy

No zinc in this though... Sad
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just responded to a different post when I saw this one. My wife and I are using a certified organic sunblock with no parabens it uses titanuim dioxide and zinc oxide with a combination of other organic ingredients. This company (Phyt's cosmetics) strikes me as one of the more ethical and fully disclosing companies out there. They have an SPF 40 which works fine on my wife's sensitive skin.

We haven't used Dr. Hauschka's Sunscreen, but usually all of their products a good as well.

P.S. No, I don't work for Phyt's. Just a happy enduser.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Adonis! Here's the company's web page for those of you who are interested:
http://www.phyts.com/
(for those who are accessing the page from work, it is somewhat NWS so do take caution Wink )
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
^^ I wonder what percentage's of zinc and titanium that product contains...

It does sound nice though! Thanks!
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately the percentages are not listed on the back of the product. Since Phyt's follows strict certified organic guidelines I would assume that they have just enough of these ingredients in the product to be effective.

We have the SPF 10 and 40. They work fine and only leave a small barely visible white film. I have used other organic sun screen before and they make your skin look visibly whiter/pale.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just remembered that I tried this once before... I think I remember liking it... There was definitely no white cast.

What does everyone think?

The BEST sunscreen in the world! Protect your sensitive skin the healthy way. Contains only natural ingredients: Deionized water, apricot oil (organic), MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), sweet almond oil (organic), usnea extract (organic), vitamin E, calendula extract (organic), coconut wax, glycerine, tea tree oil, aloe extract 200:1 (organic), vitamin A, grapefruit seed extract, vitamin D3, micronized titanium dioxide, micronized zinc dioxide. SPF 30

http://www.rawfood.com/cgi-bin/order/index.cgi?id=336435010408-737714628363-1217&d=single&item_id=0737&c=Beauty/Self_Care&sc=Skin_Care&tc=
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |