Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kinerase or Pevonia ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bonnie B

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Question Help ....I just had a facial and it was suggested that I use the Pevonia line (used in the spa of course). I have also been reading up on Kinerase and am leaning that way as well. My skin is changing and I need to do something drastic or end up looking like a saggy old prune ! I am so confused with all the products out there....tried many over the years and still searching for the fountain of youth ! Can anyone help me with this ? Anyone used either of these products with success (or failure ) ?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Never tried Pevonia but just started using Kinerase. Too soon to see results but my skin is feeling very soft. I am also sensitive and this has not irritated my skin or caused my skin to break out. So far I am very happy with it. I am using this in the morning and Remergent Barrier Repair at night. I will add the DNA Repair at night when it arrives. Remergent also is very mild IMO.

Did you get samples of the products? If you live by a Sephora you can get samples of the Kinerase.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ! No, I don't live near a Sephora unfortunately. I have some samples of Pevonia but we all know that will last only a few days, not nearly enough time to reveal anything ! My main concern is finding something that will tighten my skin (those jowls are shifting !)and reduce the pores all over.
I just hate to get caught up buying more costly products that I end up tossing. There are SOOOO many product lines out there, it's very overwhelming.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:40 am      Reply with quote
I've tried Pevonia products and although they were nice to use and didn't make my skin any worse, I didn't actually see the results I'd hoped for. I have oily acne prone skin though, so you may find results better for your skin type.
Bonnie B

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for yet another voice ! You guys are helping me alot.
Is there anyone in this forum (preferably over 50) that has found a product line that actually helps with reducing wrinkles and firming the skin ? I would LOVE to find out if such a product exists !

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am 53 but I have only been serious about fighting wrinkles for a couple of months. Before that I was just using Prescriptives or other moisturizers but no actives.

Early August I decided to try something else. I went to Sephora searching for my first product - a serum. Got samples of a few but loved the Murad Resurgence Age Diminishing Serum. I was AMAZED with the difference this made. Right away my skin looked brighter and smoother and softer. This convinced me that there was a difference in products and started my search for more!!!! My husband was traveling and could tell the difference too when he came back a week later!

I am still experimenting although I do think my wrinkles are not as noticeable. Based on everything I read, I next searched for a Vitamin C and settled on the Skin Medica one.

I tried the Skin Medica TNS and maybe in time it does something but it stinks so that is a show stopper for me. I will use it up but can't get rid of it fast enough.

I do like the Skin Medica Derma Repair moisturizer. I also had samples of Kinerase Cream and like how this makes my skin look and feel. Any results from this though would take awhile but it doesn't irritate my skin or cause my skin to break out.

Based on the raves here I requested samples of the Remergent products. I loved these and like what I read on their web site about these. I ordered the Barrier Repair and DNA Repair. I just got the Barrier Repair (DNA Repair on BO) and using this at night and the Kinerase in the morning. REmergent products seem very gentle and make my skin soft and healthly looking.

My routine will look like this:
AM
TNS - until it is gone (soon I hope)
Vit C
Kinerase Cream

PM
Murad serum (or maybe in the morning when TNS is gone)
DNA Repair (when it arrives)
Retinol product every other night
Barrier Repair

An esthitician gave me some samples and a skinceuticals routine but it really irritated my skin and dried it out. So far the Kinerase and Remergent have been great and make my skin feels soft and hydrated so my plan is to stick with this for awhile and see how it goes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I used the Kinerase C6 peptide and I loved it so I thought I should try the rest of their line. I bought the Kinerase Lotion and the Gentle Daily cleanser. They made me break out so bad. I'm still recovering from it. T_T

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
i've tried both. I like Pevonia much better. the most significant difference is the hydration level. Kinerase didnt hydrate properly and didnt do much for others problems either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Pevonia, but I'm using the 4th tube of kinerase cream.

Kinerase cream is not hydrating, I need to put on serum and cream on top of it. Yes, I use the cream under hydrating serum, suprise?? My doctor teaches me to do so.

After using it, my pore is smaller, my skintone is better than before. After apply it, I can feel my skin is tightening!!

I don't like the kinerase lotion, the texture is not lotion, it like cream but give u mat look, not light-weight or watery (I hope u will understand)

C6 peptide serum is my next target ^^

I found that one of the vivier vit C serum contains kinetin (kinerase cream key ingredient for anti-aging) too. I'm thinking of try this one, but seems no girls recommend this compare with vivier vit C serum without kinetin.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |