Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream ok for dry acne prone skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone:

I am struggling this winter with really dry skin, due to my acne + anti aging treatment.

Is Dr. Hauschka okay to use for my dry,acne prone skin? My skin is so dry that it itches.

Thanks in advance for all the responses!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
hmm... Hard to say. If I were you, I would get a sample size. I would say that the Dr H. Quince Cream might be a better option...
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
personally I dont' really like the rose cream. I bought a sample a couple weeks ago to try it out. I have dry/ sensitive and occational breakouts. I find it very greasy on my face and not absorbing very well. and yet my face still felt tight and dry. it is just not suitable for me. I would suggest you to get a sample before committing to the full tube.
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your responses ladies! Very Happy
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I think I remember reading that rose cream isn't suitable for skin with acne. I'm not 100% sure but there might be a moisturizing lotion more suitable for you.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
You might not have a true dry skin because of your tendency towards acne...you are probably just really dehydrated...If I were you, I'd pick up the Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream (this stuff is fantastic for deep cleansing without irritating or drying out the skin - I swear by it)....Are you using anything new that might be causing the itchiness? Are you using something to gently exfoliate? Alot of anti-aging treatments are really "active" - and overstimulate oily skin...so I might lay off the anti-aging treatment and work on getting the dehydration and acne under control - the anti-aging properties might be too stimulating for your oily tenedency.
Good luck!
Pudoodles
vani
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't recommend you to use rose cream.

My flatmate got one so I had a try. (Btw, I've got combination skin.) I felt it too rich...
carmenlu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I think Rose creme is not suitable for acne skin. I had one too and I didn't like it.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
don't use it. I have very dry skin and after I applied it, my face is glossy and acne. I only use rose cream during winter time or extremely dry place.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
don't use it. I have very dry skin and after I applied it, my face is glossy and acne. I only use rose cream during winter time or extremely dry place.

It does work great around the eyes in the colder weather.
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
rose cream is good for me, but i don't think it's good for acne skin.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have acne and I really love the rose cream. I'm in Denver and it's pretty dry here. I find the rose cream very healing. I don't think it's causing any more acne but I've been doing the conditioner at night so I think my skin is in a purging stage. I really love the rose cream though when my face hurts -- it's very soothing.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry acne prone skin and I did not like this cream. It was good at first then broke my skin out like crazy. I think I was allergic to the EO in this line.
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think the best bet is to try a small sample, if you can get one... My skin is combination and I like Dr. H Toned Day Cream a lot. But Rose Day cream is definitely too rich for me and I got small bumps when I tried the sample.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
neroliwater wrote:
I think the best bet is to try a small sample, if you can get one... My skin is combination and I like Dr. H Toned Day Cream a lot. But Rose Day cream is definitely too rich for me and I got small bumps when I tried the sample.

I got a sample of the Toned Day Cream and find it as rich as the Rose. But with winter coming I can see a place for both as my skin dries out.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
too rich in summer.it's amazing for winter.
the texture of skin is enhanced
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd update everyone.

I managed to get a sample and the results are a bit strange yet predictable. I did have a few spots erupt, but since I am using Tazorac, that is not too big of a problem. The weird thing was I didn't find it to be moisturizing at all!

I'm a member @ MUA too and the reviews there are all about how moisturizing this is. Strange isn't it?
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't. I have acne prone skin which is dehydrated and this cream gave me bumps on my face. Use kate somerville, you will not regret it.
halcyon_zyq
5% products discount

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin, but I like the light version of rose cream in the winter. The light rose cream never give me break out at that time.
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
this crame is oil,but i cant see it works on anti aging.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |