Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Does anyone know anything about Sny-ake tripeptide?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have too much time on my hands this weekend(!) Does anyone know anything about this tripeptide? It is in a few very expensive products (idori and euoko) and Sonya Dakar has 1 product, as well as Isomers. Any information would be great!
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Sny-ake tripeptide is a member of conformationally constrained analogues of endogenous tripeptide inhibitors of zinc metaloproteinases. A study was conducted in Rome, Italy which pointed at the aforemenioned peptides ability to inhibit matrix metalloproteinasis. This in theory means that if dermal tissue is injured such as from repetative solar damage, each time the skin tries to repair the damage, it allows the formation of rhytids to form, due to the accumulative imperfections created by metalloproteinases.

The sny-ake tripeptide in theory attempts to block metalloproteinases by inhibiting acute immune response which releases white blood cells called neutrophils to he injured site. Whilst neutrophils are a vital aspect of out immune system, when they are ultelized into a matrix trauma site they allow metalloproteinases to occur. This means that either rhytids or keloid tissue will form.

I apologize for being rather long winded, but to answer your question which I cannot fully do in a forum is rather complex.

Whether sny-ake tripeptides are successful in reversing damage caused by solar, smoking, pollution or even cell degeneration is not yet clear and will not be for quite some time. Research in this area is still in its infantcy.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:22 am      Reply with quote
too many new chemical things,maybe someday we could be ageless .then we want to have wrinkles again.
no smile no wrinkles Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Have you used any of these yourself godiwantapony? I wondered if one of these products might help vertical lip lines? Thanks so much for your explanation. Not long winded at all. I think knowledge is power! Very Happy
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that the syn-ake tripeptide was a peptide that acted to relax muscle contractions along the lines of acetyl hexapeptide or vialox.

"SYN®-AKE has been developed as an efficient smoothing and anti-wrinkle care particularly effective against expression lines by relaxing facial muscles. This active tripeptide acts in a manner similar to Waglerin-1, a neuromuscular blocking compound of the venom of the Temple Viper.1
Acting at the post-synaptic membrane, SYN-AKE is a reversible antagonist of the muscular nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (mnAChR). We assume that the tripeptide is binding to the epsilon subunit of the mnAChR which prevents binding of acetylcholine to the receptor – consequently it remains closed. In the closed state, there is no uptake of sodium ions (Na+), so that no depolarisation takes place, and the muscles stay relaxed."

I got this info from this source: http://www.personalcaremagazine.com/story.asp?id=1218 but have read similar information from several sources.

I may be mistaken but I believe that palmitoyl tetrapeptide 3 is the one that reduces inflammation.
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
What TheresaL said.

From the info for "Viper Venom", a product offered by Garden of Wisdom dot com :

Quote:
GoW Viper Venom 3% Synake is a new anti-wrinkle active compound based on a synthetic tripeptide that mimics the affect of Waglerin 1, A peptide that is found in the venom of the Temple Viper, Tropidolaemus wagleri.

Pentapharm has developed, over the past 30 years, a unique approach for the breeding and housing of venomous snakes and particularly the Brazilian Lance Adder Bothrops Moojeni whose venom is used for therapeutic and diagnostic products. Currently, a special focus for the snake venom research has been the investigation of the Temple Viper's Venom.

Used for its excellent anti-wrinkle active compound which smoothes mimic wrinkles in a short period of time.

NOTE: this serum will give an immediate Bo-tox like effect but it is also cumulative. Give it 30 days.
This product should be used ONLY for spot treatments, i.e. laughs lines,
forehead, neck, crow's feet, etc.

I have a sample of this coming; should be here by the end of the week. If you're interested, I'll come back to this thread and give a review after trying it for a few days.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry but if we where able to relax muscles by applying topical preparations we would have potent biological weapons. All anti-aging skincare is designed around anti-inflammation, as inflammation is considered to be the prime suspect in aging. If you do a google search you may be able to find patents regarding Syn-ake tripeptide or academic journals which also give a clarity to the claims made by cosmetic companies regarding the so-called latest breakthrough technology.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lonevoice - please do give a review. I am most interested!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting godiwantapony. I honestly haven't done enough research on the "muscle relaxing" peptides to see if they work or not. Personally I have an aversion to using anything that would relax any muscles in my face and actively avoid any products that contain such peptides. I myself have wondered in anyone has done a proper double blind study to see if these products really work. Are you saying that these peptides actually work by reducting inflammation and don't do anything else?

Regardless of what it does the SYN AKE is clearly being marketed as a muscle relaxer and not as an anti-inflammatory. Here is a link to Pentapharm's pdf for this product. http://www.centerchem.com/PDFs/SYN-AKE%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf It does have a in vitro test that is pretty much irrelevant to everyday use since this stuff is applied to the skin and it has an in vivo study listed but does not really say how the smoothing and antiwrinkle benefits were actually measured and who did the measuring. If anyone can come up with a good study to prove that any of these muscle relaxing peptides work I would love to see it!
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
There is no evidence thus far to suggest that these do work in anyway whatsoever. The theories which have led to the development of these topicals is based around matrix biochemistry but whether these actives can actually perform the task which they are designed to do is not known. Studies at this point in time have been sponsored by the companies selling products containing peptide proteins, so it is very hard to pass an opinion which is not biased. University research is hampered by lack of funding to make an independant analysis, and funding towards University research in this area is primarily funded by cosmetic companies. It is becoming quite hard for people to receive accurate data which is not biased towards cosmetic companies. I suggest that people follow FDA guidelines as research in this area is not sponsore by private corporations but rather extensive studies over many years. At this point in time Retin-A or Tretinoin is the only topical which the FDA claims has the ability to reverse photoaging. Studies are suggesting quite favorably that topical L-Ascorbic acid also has the ability the promote collagen growth. Additionally topical hormones are producing very good outcomes in the elderly and private companies are utelizing this with the introduction of soy isoflavones in lotions. Whilst this may be beneficial hormones are complex and should be individually designed by an MD. I'm sorry but marketing techniques appear to be promising people substantial benefits from using peptide containing products, but in reality not enough data exists to make these claims. There has been class action suits in recent times against companies who are misleading the consumer and there are many more in the pipeline.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Godiwantapony

Do you mind if I ask what your background in this area is?

You seem very well informed, but your answers in this and other threads very much contradict what I've read before and as you don't provide references I wonder where your information is coming from.

Thanks in advance
Molly Smile
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure but I think the new SuperMax multipeptide that Cellular Skin Rx is making has this peptide in it, too. You might want to check their site. They have a good ingredients listing page that might help.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. I thought that I noticed this ingredient in the cellularskinrx product also, but was not sure. I will wait for a report from lonevoice before making a final decision. Hope I did not open a can of worms with this topic! Laughing
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hope I did not open a can of worms with this topic!

Sorry, just to clarify - I'm really not trying to start anything Cool please!. It's not that I agree or disagree with iwantapony. In fact it's healthy to get views from outside our general arena, which sometimes seems pretty limited and circular by only using online resources, but I would like to know where the info comes from.
Thanks Molly
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I completely understand Molly. I too like to know where the references come from and I am open to any and all comments. It is good to keep an open mind, I think! Very Happy
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sure not a problem

[i]Matrix Atlas of Cosmetic dermatology

Matrix-Dermatology Resources at the University of HHMI Genetics (Harvard)

British Journal of Dermatology

The American Academy of Investigative Dermatology

Clinical Research journal of the Dermatology Foundation (Harvard)
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think that it is wonderful that people here are querying information given to them. It is very refreshing to see that you are all asking for relevant information and resources. It is something that has become a rarity in skin care forums, where people tend not to question what they are being told. By not questioning how is one to learn and differentiate between fact and fiction.

There are myriads of theories regarding anti-aging topicals and opposing theories held by many scientists, which create large academic debates, but this is normal and expected in academia.

I am just really surprised that it is happening here. I am also really happy that consumers want to know the mechanics of what they are applying to their skin, and to hear all sides of the equation. It is healthy not to agree and to question. Good on you ladies.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
There are myriads of theories regarding anti-aging topicals and opposing theories held by many scientists, which create large academic debates, but this is normal and expected in academia

We find that here too. The more we look into something, sunscreens are a classic example, the more it becomes less certain and more debateable.

Interesting sources: Do we take it you're a research scientist or a dermatologist or do you just work on this as a personal interest?

Thanks for clarifying, Molly
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Im an a Associate Professor of Dermatology, Biochemistry and Biophysics, and Biomedical Engineering. I have been gathering data from skin care forums for a report. I have seen quite a lot of detrimental advice given by both lay people and professionals during my research. I must say this is the first board that I have not had my posts deleted on. This is a credit to the moderators and management of EDS.Free speech is something that is quite rare on beauty boards.

Good luck with finding suitable topicals, I hope you all achieve the results that you are after.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi godiwantapony and welcome! Even though we may lack your scientific credentials, many of us have discovered through trial and error that a lot of skincare products simply don't perform as claimed. Marketing is full of false promise, and cleverly takes advantage of the aging demographic which is willing to spend fortunes in the hope of turning back or stopping the clock. The search for the Fountain of Youth is eternal.

And since you've mentioned it, I have to admit that I've seen advice on the forum that seems risky at least and harmful at worst. For example, some members who are desperate because of acneic skin resort to very aggressive measures that are probably doing more harm than good.

Please feel free to enlighten us if you can! Many forum members worry as much about doing harm as they do about looking good (or wasting money and time).
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have been gathering data from skin care forums for a report.

How interesting. I'd love to see it. Would you come back and tell us your main findings when you've finished it?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Quote:
I have been gathering data from skin care forums for a report.

How interesting. I'd love to see it. Would you come back and tell us your main findings when you've finished it?

godiwantapony I would be interested in seeing this report also!

Your analysis of what topicals actually have evidence behind them is interesting. If you look at the smartskincare website Dr. Todorov ranks topical skin rejuvenation treatments and the ones listed as clinically proven effective are almost the same as what you have listed in your post above. Retinoids, Vitamin C and hormones. Dr. Todorov adds AHAs.
http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/
There is a forum on this website so if you haven't discovered that one perhaps you may want to take a look! I actually respect Dr. Todorov's opinions and it is interesting to see that your opinions on topicals are similar.

I gather that in your research into these peptides you have not found a proper study that proves that they work? I hadn't either but I did not know if this was just due to my limited investigation of the peptides or if it was because there was no study. If possible I would like a specific reference to the study that you refer to that was conducted in Rome and that shows these peptides to have an anti-inflammatory activity. Thanks.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
godiwantapony,

I am very interested in your report, as well. Anti-aging topicals and all the peptides being touted all over the industry are of great interest to me. I try to read all scientific studies and data I can find on a number of peptides that interest me. Each time I read a new article, I find I have new questions with which you might be able to help.

Where are you an Associate Professor? Have you or your colleagues written/published any other reports on these subjects? Would you mind sharing with us?

This is rather exciting.

Thank you!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm hijacking the thread I guss but I also like AHAs (literature evidence AND it is the only thing I've seen that actually erased my lines). I'm a chemistry Professor and I cringe at some of the ingredients touted. I do not do research on anything related to skin care but have a friend who uses laser diagnostics to look at how different ingredients penetrate the skin. Hydrolized proteins, DNA, RNA do NOT penetrate however much people rave about these products.

Of course temporary skin tighteners might be useful for special occasions.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="rileygirl"]I have too much time on my hands this weekend(!) Does anyone know anything about this tripeptide? It is in a few very expensive products (idori and euoko) and Sonya Dakar has 1 product, as well as Isomers. Any information would be great![/quote]

Whatever it is chemically, synake works as a temporary scowl stopper. There is a definite "feeling" when it goes on and to me feels the same as the feeling when Botox goes in. I love that feeling and miss it when it goes away.

To me, that's a sign that I could become addicted to it. I'm laying off Botox and not using synake except when I go out in the evening.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |