Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Soooo TIRED Lately...What can I do to perk up again?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what is going on with me lately, I'm so tired, just literally dragging my butt around all day. Maybe its being a new mom thats draining me, the sleepless nights I've been having are catching up to me, or maybe my body is trying to tell me that I'm lacking something or other, I don't know. I do know its coming around to that time of the month again (sorry guys), and ever since I had my baby my periods have been really wicked, and the pms very severe. I just feel so miserable a week before hand, I can't even stand myself Crying or Very sad , even hubby has took notice of a different me, and can even guess when Aunt Flo is due to arrive with my moods.

I was wondering if anyone had some ideas out there to improve my moods, and give me more much needed energy, maybe by supplementation, or otherwise. I'm thinking of maybe doing a body cleansing of some sort. Any ideas?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
well no ideas, but a big hug, I also get very very tired before the faires visit Shock , and I don't have kids!!! So I feel for you...

Melissa
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Petrhaps you're not getting enough protein in your diet? I know if don't get enough, I really start to drag. SO I snack on nuts and yogurt, because I usually only eat meat for dinner.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I swear by my new multivitamin!! I've been taking it for 3 months and it honestly changed my life! It's called "Alive! Whole Food Energizer", even the "health ranger" swears by it:
http://www.newstarget.com/001535.html
I work over 20 hours sometimes in a hospital, and there's nothing scarier than feeling like your about to drift off while operating Shock Even before my sleep schedule became messed up, I've always been known to sleep more than humanly possible. I also used to feel like I was in a constant state of mental fog. I'm now more awake than I've been since I was a little kid, and people at the hospital are noticing too. I've taken good suppliments before, but nothing compares to this stuff. Good luck to you!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
awww moosette *HUG*!!

yes I agree with the diet comments. Is there something you're missing? Also, why don't you take the time and do something that you really enjoy? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Also, stay away from any of those trendy body cleanse things promising to "detox the deamons from your body" and what not... The best thing you can do is eliminate all refined sugar and carbs and up your healthy fats and veggies.
Smile
godiwantapony
5% products discount

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Being a new mom can take quite a toll on the body. One of the most common ailments treated by physicians post-partum is iron deficiency. Iron deficiency can make an already tired body feel even worse. Maybe you should consult with your physician about your lack of energy. Lack of iron will decrease your mood as well as your energy, so it is worthwhile having things checked. Post-partum depression could be another factor as well, and the incidence of post-partum depression is increased if the new mother lost a considerable amount of blood during childbirth.

Take care of yourself and try to see your physician as soon as you can. It may be that you simply need to incorporate an iron supplement into your diet.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I would strongly suggest regular exercise as part of your morning routine if you aren't doing that already. This makes a Huge difference for me-even if it's just 30 minutes of light cardio. It really gives me energy to get through the day. I do the Denise Austin workouts that come on TV in the morning on weekdays. If I'm feeling stressed/in a bad mood, I stick to the Pliates/Yoga based workout, and if I just need an energy boost I do the Cardio (or both, if I have time). I find that I have a lot more trouble when the seasons change and we start losing daytime hours. My Dr. recommended at least 15 solid minutes of sunlight or a special lamp per day. (Don't worry, I wear sunscreen). Dry skin brushing also helps get me going in the mornings. Good luck! Smile
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I know exactly how you feel. I have chronic allergies and am always tired and achey. I've tried lots of things, but the only thing that made a difference is Barley Max by Hallelujah Acres. It's organic barley in a capsule. Gave me LOTS of energy! I think if you try it you'll be pleasantly surprised.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I think that all of the posters have given some great advice. Another thing since you are a new mom, (which truly is exhausting) is to try to sneak in a little cat nap when your baby is sleeping. Also, I remember that taking walks with my baby and getting some fresh air always helped to perk me up.

Good luck and enjoy your little one. I saw your picture in the other topic and both you and your baby look absolutely beautiful! These are special times...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
exercise

I know that it is the LAST thing you want to hear..BUT, after both of my pregnancies, especially this last one...I was depressed, moody and tired...

So, I've been getting up at 0430 and walking..at first I thought I was too tired to do this but I stuck with it and it has totally revamped me........I lost my second daughter, she was 8 weeks old(May) and this literally saved my life...I remembered that years ago a psychiatrist told someone to walk 4 hours a day to get over his intense grief...so, squeeze in whatever you can, even 20 minutes..
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Babymax24,
I'm terribly sorry for your loss... thank you for sharing your advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Dear Babymax24,
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Crying or Very sad
That is very good advice about exercise.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
I swear by my new multivitamin!! I've been taking it for 3 months and it honestly changed my life! It's called "Alive! Whole Food Energizer", even the "health ranger" swears by it:
I work over 20 hours sometimes in a hospital, and there's nothing scarier than feeling like your about to drift off while operating Shock Even before my sleep schedule became messed up, I've always been known to sleep more than humanly possible. I also used to feel like I was in a constant state of mental fog. I'm now more awake than I've been since I was a little kid, and people at the hospital are noticing too. I've taken good suppliments before, but nothing compares to this stuff. Good luck to you!

How many tablets per day do you take? In the article he says he takes about 10 per day, but I think it's too much since "alive" contains some vitamins in a huge dose already.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for you're suggestions everyone...yes I need to get more exercise, thats the obvious one, I haven't been getting out lately due to crappy winter weather...this maybe my problem...I better wipe the dust off my treadmill and find some time for mommy, maybe while ds naps or something...I don't know about getting up at 4:30 am though...I have a hard enough time getting up with ds at that time! I feed him, and put him right back to bed if he wakes that early, then I go right back to bed also. I haven't been sleeping very well at night lately either...last week was trying with ds...he was having some issues...still don't know what was going on with him, but he wanted to get up at 2:30 in the morning and stay up Sad He did this all week long, so I had the weekend to get caught up on some much needed sleep, but couldn't seem to.
I was also wondering about the iron deficiency thing, since I do lose alot of blood now with my monthly visitor...so maybe a supplement is in order. I think alot of things may be contributing to my sleepiness...I'm not eating well either, kinda grabbing anything I can, it seems everytime I go to have a meal ds gets fussy...so I grab something that is fast and easy...like potato chips, or a sandwich or granola bar...after writing this, I'm looking at it and saying to myself "Geeze, no wonder I'm tired!"
And babymax24, I'm so sorry for your loss....thankyou for sharing your story and what helped you through. Sending you lots of hugs!!
Dealated- where can I purchase these miracle vitamins? I don't see anything on that website, or I'm too tired to notice? They sound pretty good to me!
Thanks again everyone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
moosette, I just purchased this vitamins at vitacost.com; it was the cheapest place I found, and this merchant is very reliable.
just in case, coupon for 5% off for vitacost.com:
WZ56ACB

http://www.vitacost.com/productResults.aspx?Ntk=products&ss=1&x=0&y=0&Ntt=alive
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou so much for your help jumpingball...I'll go check it out right now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I've read that this time in your life is prone to hormonal wackiness. I think that you lose tons of progesterone right after giving birth, which has been in high levels throughout the pregnancy. You might want to see someone who can help you assess your hormonal status...or at least do some research about it. I just read a book by Uzzi Reiss called Natural Hormonal Balance for Woman--excellent book.

Another bit...the DHA component of omega-3 fatty acid--this is shown to be low in the systems of women who have just given birth and who are experiencing post partum depression. This is a no-risk option. Supplement with 3 grams of omega-3 fatty acids each day.

Good luck
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Moosette,

I second all the advice on here, especially exercise, even though Im the laziest person ever right now! Embarassed Laughing Let me know if you decide to get the Alive! stuff, Im thinking of trying it too. I hope you start to feel better!
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Pocoloco...I do take a multivitamin with omegas in it right now...I know the importance of omegas, so I try to incorporate them in my diet by supplementation! "Hormonal Wackiness", that describes me to a "T" Laughing

Vonstella, I get pretty lazy in the wintertime, I hate the cold weather, and every darn winter I pack on the pounds because I'm so housebound...I dream of living somewhere tropical someday! Cool
I'm going to see if I can find a site in Canada that sells these wonder vitamins, and I will let you know how it goes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
dealated wrote:

How many tablets per day do you take? In the article he says he takes about 10 per day, but I think it's too much since "alive" contains some vitamins in a huge dose already.

Ten a day sounds way too high for me I take the recommened dose, which is 3 per day Very Happy
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link to the Alive! product:

http://www.vitacost.com/NaturesWayAliveMultivitaminWholeFoodEnergizer-NoIronAdded

It already has 15,000 IU of vit A. That's in 3 tablets, so taking 10 tablets would be over 50,000 IU! I can't believe that's healthy or safe. Shock
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
Here's a link to the Alive! product:

http://www.vitacost.com/NaturesWayAliveMultivitaminWholeFoodEnergizer-NoIronAdded

It already has 15,000 IU of vit A. That's in 3 tablets, so taking 10 tablets would be over 50,000 IU! I can't believe that's healthy or safe. Shock

EEK! That scares me, isnt that almost like taking accutane?
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Moosette, I haven't the time right now to read everyone's comments but from what I did read, they all sound very good.

I'm right there with you sister! Laughing I deliberately did not put any makeup on my undereye circles yesterday because I wanted everyone to see how TIRED I am!! Very Happy We spent the weekend with my hubby's parents and I wanted to get a little sympathy from his mom. Laughing

I think your idea of a cleanse is a great one. I don't know if you are nursing (I don't think so) but you do have to take it slow if you are. If not, go for it! I have done a detox of sorts (gentle, very gentle since I am nursing) after my first two babies. I did a series of colonics (because it's a fast way to start a detox) and I changed my diet. It did help me tons. In fact, I need to revamp my diet drastically right now again both to loose weight but also to get healthy and have more energy.

I think exercise is SO important and I can tell you from experience that it just doesn't work to NOT exercise. I have a hard time getting an exercise routine going but when I do exercise, I feel great and have lots of energy.

Finally, do you get any free time? I don't and it drags me down. I'm sure it would help you to get away a bit or even get help with housework or even just someone to hold the baby. There is just only so much we can do by ourselves! I am overdoing it now myself and it is killing me. In fact, I've been thinking about posting in the lounge a topic on depression. I'm seriously dealing with this issue right now. It's not that I'm all mopey, it's just I'm so tired that I am just getting totally unmotivated. I think it's time to really change my diet (for pete's sake, I just bought a pair of size 18 jeans on Saturday!! I am sooooo humbled right now about that. Me: size 18. I would have never thought!). I'm sure it will help.

Baby's up, gotta go...

I'm not really much help am I? It's like the blind leading the blind. Laughing
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ellyp! I've been meaning to get in touch with you in a previous thread (I can't remember which one) but haven't had the chance too! I never knew life as a mommy was so challenging, mentally and physically, its the hardest job I've ever done. I have a greater respect for single moms/dads...I don't know how they do it sometimes! My hubby is great help to me,on weekends he trys to let me sleep in and all that great stuff, but I always end up not sleeping very well if I hear the baby crying or something, I'm up right away...same with going to town for a few hours...I can't enjoy myself, I have to rush home because I miss my baby so much...all I do is think about him when I'm gone, I don't even buy myself anything anymore, but I always come home with something for Carter (my son).

Oh the weight thing is really upsetting me too, I've lost quite abit of the baby weight, but still have 10 more baby pounds and another 20 on top of that I was trying to lose before I got pregnant, so I know exactly where you are coming from! I hate my body right now, and don't even want to be intimate with my hubby because I feel so unattractive. With winter coming I'm getting quite anxious that I'm going to gain even more, because I'm not working anymore, and I don't get out as much as I would like too!

I could really see though how a mom could get depressed....I figured things would be getting better by now at 6 months, but there are still some frustrating days/weeks, I guess thats just part of being a parent. Well, I hear Carter crying so I better run... thanks again for your suggestions, You were a great help to me...hope to talk to you again soon! Feel free to message me anytime! I try to get on here at least once a day! Us mommies have to stick together! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |