Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Switching Cleansers!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
So I'm thinking of cancelling my Proactiv subscription. This may not sound like a big deal, but I've used this stuff religiously for years. But I'm sort of tired of paying for it every two months since I have three full, unopened bottles of the repairing lotion. I only use it at night, so I go through it slowly. I plan to just stick with the lotion, and use different cleansers and toners. But I'm totally in the dark about what sort of cleanser to use. I have combo leaning towards dry skin, acne is still an issue, but not a big one. Anything that could possible clog pores is off limits. I'm not looking to break the bank either, because my whole point in cancelling Proactiv is to save some cash.

On my list of possiblities so far are:

Pevonia Clarigel Cleanser
PSF Papaya Cleanser
Philosophy Purity Made Simple

Has anyone had success with these or have another suggestion? As yet, I'm leaning towards the PSF, as I love their Perfecting Day Lotion.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I also have dry skin and suffered from acne. However I switched my cleanser to Neutrongena Extra Gentle (though currently trialling the Oil Cleansing Method) and started religiously doing exfoliation and applying products containing salicyic acid.
What else is funny is that after using a higher SPF sunscreen everyday my skin is less blotchy and flaky. Weird...but good Laughing
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

My son has an acne problem and uses the Ice Elements Gel cleanser as well as the Radiance cleanser... the latter has a slow release glycolic, and both work really well for him.

The gel cleanser has a built in toner, so that eliminates one step... then he uses their acne serum, which eliminates the need for BP.

The line is super concentrated so everything lasts a long time and the prices are very reasonable.

You can view the products at http://iceelements.com if you are interested... and do visit the message board for additional information.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Of the 3 products you listed, I think the Philosophy product is good. I think the PSF product has a not-nice detergent in it (but I can't say which one...). I don't know anything about the 3rd product.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I broke out every time I used the PSF Papaya Cleanser. I haven't tried the other two items that you listed.

I'm currently using the Emu-Neem Soap from Earth to Body and I love it. It doesn't dry out my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
You can make a search for PSF Papaya cleanser here. I remember a lot of people broke out when they used it.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I used proactive for years and the only other acne fighter that I found that worked was Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish. I think anything with SA in it is good. I have used Purity and I did like it. It removes makeup really well and dosent totally dry out the skin.

Good luck.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
The only one I've tried is the PSF Papaya Cleanser. I have combo skin with a history of dehydration and do not get oily. I would almost stretch to saying that I LOVE this cleanser. In my experience it helps clear the odd blemish. My face always gets tight after cleansing and I need moisture directly, regardless of which of my several cleansers that I am useing at the moment. In combination with the PSF R&R toner I would actually go as far as to say WOW - coz the combo works, cleans and helps the healing process and does not clog pores.

Put it this way - I'll purchase this again

HTH Smile

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using AM/PM Acne Cleanser from PH Advantage, has 2% Salicylic acid. The tube is 6 fl oz, which is big so it'll last awhile. I found this skinline from Sephora.
I have combo oily skin but lately my skin was breaking out and Neutrogena (2% salicylic acid too) was not helping and made it feel dry after cleansing my skin. I've been using this for 1 week and my skin has gotten so much better. It doesn't make my skin feel dry after cleansing. When I went to the counter at Macy's, the SAs asked how did you hear about us because they haven't done alot of advertising. Supposedly they have a whole acne regimen that's good. But I'm just using the cleaser and the AM Clarifying Hydrator 1% salicylic acid, I put this on before my moisturizer (I got a sample from the SAs and used it for 1 week and loved it, so went back and bought the full size).
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, and thanks for all the info... So the PSF papaya made some people break out... Hum. I did a search on EDS and found no info on it. I'm still on the fence about the Purity, and am going to check out the Neutrogena that Olivia mentioned, see what's in it. Decisions, decisions!! Laughing
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Hi everyone, and thanks for all the info... So the PSF papaya made some people break out... Hum. I did a search on EDS and found no info on it. I'm still on the fence about the Purity, and am going to check out the Neutrogena that Olivia mentioned, see what's in it. Decisions, decisions!! Laughing

Hi violetanne-I have used the Purity before and remember liking it alot, it truly does remove makeup and clean your face without drying it out, Sephora has a smaller trial size that runs about $10USD, you could try that before commiting to a bigger size.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P7109&categoryId=B70

I would also suggest using SA in the morning to control acne, its totally cleared up my skin!

http://www.skincarecentral.biz/sal-acid-2per-4oz.html
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I would highly recommend Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream. Just to warn you that you might have the purging effect for a couple of weeks that many people get (I know I did), but your skin will thank you for it in the long run. The tube may look small but you only need about a large pea size amount each time so the tube should last you at least a couple of months if you use it once a day (I'm going into my third month now and still have 1/4 left). You'll find that your breakouts will be reduced and the texture and tone of your skin will greatly improve. Plus you're avoiding any harsh additives and chemicals and preservatives so you're preventing any further irritations or consequential damage to the skin from other unnatural products. You can always ask EDS for a sample on your next order to give it a try. I know lots of us here love it so if you want more info just do a search and you'll find all the great reviews. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
The only one I've tried is the PSF Papaya Cleanser. I have combo skin with a history of dehydration and do not get oily. I would almost stretch to saying that I LOVE this cleanser. In my experience it helps clear the odd blemish. My face always gets tight after cleansing and I need moisture directly, regardless of which of my several cleansers that I am useing at the moment. In combination with the PSF R&R toner I would actually go as far as to say WOW - coz the combo works, cleans and helps the healing process and does not clog pores.

Put it this way - I'll purchase this again

HTH Smile

Ok, so I've managed to dig up some stuff on the papaya cleanser, and it doesn't seem so bad. And considering Ruth's glowing recommendation, I think I might give it a go along with the R%R Toneing mist. I would say my skin is much like yours, Ruth, combo towards dry, and a lot of cleansers out there seem like they'd be drying. Plus, you can't beat the price of the PSF stuff...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |