Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Please help me with an arguement on another site
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Well, not really an arguement as I'm don't like quarreling Cool .

Some one posted the question:
Sunscreen first or last (after moisturiser).
I said last and it's about 50 - 50.

I know that I am right after reading extensively on here and DY's site and I need your help. Can you please summorize in a nut shell why last is better.
I said that I use a Vitamin C serum to help proven the free radical damage and then some emu oil and the SS.

Very Happy
Thank you.
Emma x
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Emma,

Sunscreen should go on last.

A facial moisturizer is made to address skin issues and to be absorbed into the skin where sunscreen is made to be more of a barrier...

There are sunscreen moisturizers which are made to do both, however I would think that if a product made to be specifically sunscreen was added to the skin before a moisture product that the moisturizer would not only not be as effective, but depending on the ingredients it may have a negative effect on the effectiveness of the sunscreen.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma,

I totally agree with Bosoxy. And btw, which site is this? Want me to stroll on over and show some EDS love and support for your "non-argument"? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much.
It's on Vogue forum. Cool

I'm going to quote you Bosoxy as you put it very well (I hope that's ok).
Emma x
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I shouldn't have put that "e" in argument.
Confused
I'm a teacher too.
Embarassed
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Go for it. Emma!

Take care.
Bosoxy.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Well, not really an arguement as I'm don't like quarreling Cool .

Some one posted the question:
Sunscreen first or last (after moisturiser).
I said last and it's about 50 - 50.

I know that I am right after reading extensively on here and DY's site and I need your help. Can you please summorize in a nut shell why last is better.
I said that I use a Vitamin C serum to help proven the free radical damage and then some emu oil and the SS.

Very Happy
Thank you.
Emma x

I am quite perplexed at why someone would give you such damaging advice. But then again maybe not. I have been researching skin care forums over the last 12 months and have come t the conclusion that people are very much mislead by lay people in some forums. This forum is the last on my agenda and I must say it is the best to date. You have moderator's who appear to be moderating, which is uncommon in some forums. I am still concerned however about the amount of inappropriate advice which is exchanged by members.

Emma please use your sunscreen over your moisturizers and antioxidant treatments. Sun screens are mean't to act as a barrier against UVA/UVA radiation and they are going to be detrimental to your skin if they are absorbed.

cheers everyone
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you godiwantapony.

I definately agree with you that the advice on here is usually very sound and people know what they're talking about.
Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
O.K. Just to throw a wrench into everything. I'll start by stating that I definitely put my sunscreen last. It's a pysical sunscreen. Now that comment may have a basis in something I read a while ago & I'm not sure there's anything to it but here goes:

Chemical sunscreens should be aplied first since the chemincals have to bind with skin on order to be effective. This maybe what turned me off chemical sunscreens. I don't want them binding with my skin but I want an effective sunscreen.

Physical sunscreen..well..provide a physical barrier and can therefore be applied last.
Don't ask me where I read it but it was in some derm's article & it kind of made sense at the time.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Lol I think the whole debate (which I saw but did not click on) might have come about because one of the recent beauty magazines said sunscreen should always be put on first in order to bind with skin. The problem is that the magazine did not bother to distinguish between chemical and physical.

I agree with marina that chemical is first and physical can be last. Plus I like to have my mattifyer actually work before I put on my shiny sunscreen Laughing
Mabsy

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I also read or heard ages ago that physical sunscreens go on last and chemical sunscreens go on first. I have mentioned this here a few times but have been since corrected and told that this was in the "old days" and they make chemical sunblocks (aka sunscreens) better these days and they don't have to go on first. I'm not too sure if that is correct but I can't find all that much info online that would support the sunscreen first and sunblock last argument....

Anyway, to explain the original argument - or to try to explain it how I remember it explained by a derm - chemical sunscreens need to bond with the skin so that they can absorb the rays (hence they go first) whereas physical sunblocks block the rays and do not need interaction with the skin to do this and they work better if there is nothing on top. That's what I remember...

Next time I go for my yearly sun spot check I'll ask the derm Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |