Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How Can I Make My Eye's Look BIGGER & BRIGHTER!?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark brown eyes and blonde hair.

At the moment, I use a white highlighter by Benefit around my eye... This is ok... Not that great.

I also outline the outer edge of my bottom eye with black eye liner. Is this ok?

Any ideas or product recommendations?!

TIA! Smile
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Lucinda

I have 2 thoughts:

L'Oreal makes a pencil in the Le Grand Kohl line or at least used to. The shade is Platinum. If you can't find that one try for something similar but not stark white. Run that along the top of the lower eyelid just above the lashline. Eyes seem whiter and brighter. Also, to make eyes seem larger and wider, don't bring liner to the inner corners of the lids. Liner would be best used only to "shadow" the lashes on the upper lids to make the lashes look thicker. I was once told to think of a picture and was asked does the picture look bigger framed or unframed? Well, of course the answer is unframed.

Another trick is to expand the length of the eye from top to bottom by using a golden white shadow just under the eyebrow and the inner corner of the upper eyelid.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucinda!
I have small eyes naturally but get compliments on my "large eyes" Wink all the time. Here's what I do when I feel like putting the effort into having big, bright eyes:

line inside the lashes with a white eye liner pencil

line the top lash line with a black eye liner pencil

shade the upper lid with a shadow lighter than the color of the lid and highlight the brow bone with a darker color

somethings going fuzzy with my keyboard where i can"t use numbers or certain puctuation marks< so i appologize for the grammar errors in this comment>
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
Hi Lucinda!
I have small eyes naturally but get compliments on my "large eyes" Wink all the time. Here's what I do when I feel like putting the effort into having big, bright eyes:

shade the upper lid with a shadow lighter than the color of the lid and highlight the brow bone with a darker color

somethings going fuzzy with my keyboard where i can"t use numbers or certain puctuation marks< so i appologize for the grammar errors in this comment>

My eyes are very sensitive, can you recommend a eye liner? thanks
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr Hauschka eye liner and mascara. Extremely gentle products. My mum has has sensitive eyes also, and uses these products with no problems.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone!
I will test out these techniques very soon!!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I have an eye pencil that is supposed to open the eye up. It is Benefit's Eye Bright. It is a pale pink (looks almost white to me) and you put it near the outside corner of your eye. I haven't used it in a while, think I will take it out today!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I have an eye pencil that is supposed to open the eye up. It is Benefit's Eye Bright. It is a pale pink (looks almost white to me) and you put it near the outside corner of your eye. I haven't used it in a while, think I will take it out today!

I bought this the other day as well. It is quite good! I like it... But I don't feel like it has much staying power...?...
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Try tightlining (pushing cake liner or well-pigmented eyeshadow into upper lash line with a thin push brush), lining lower inner rims with a peachy white eyeliner pencil, and don't forget to curl your lashes and use lots of mascara.

I also think judicious use of concealer around the eyes (inner corners near the nose and covering any shadows) and a highlighter on the brow bone help create the illusion that your eyes are bright and awake!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
Hi Lucinda!

Is the keyboard broken/on the fitz or is there numlock on?

Also, when you say put a darker shade on brow bone...this is the opposite of usually what is adviced right? Using the lightest shade on the brow bone. Sorry, I am a bit confused dealated!
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I never put eyeliner on the bottom when I want my eyes to be big. And I only line the outer 2/3 of the top eye with it being thicker towards the outer edge. You can also try a light colored shadow in your inner corners and don't forget to use concealer on the inner corner as well!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like to use a nude liner from glo minerals to line the lower lid of my eye and then I bring that smae nude liner to the inner corner of my eye and just 1/4 the way on my top lid. This makes the corner of the eye look larger and the eye ball ust opos right out against that nude liner. Why nude? Well, when I use white or any othe pearly color, it looks like I am trying too hard and you can tell my liner is white. With nude on the other hand, my liner is jut soooo natural it hypnotizes people and they can't figure out why my eyes are so gorgeous Very Happy OH, BTW . . .always use eye drops to whiten those eye balls beofr eyou put on your make up to go out. That alon makes a huge difference! My husband has these one drops that burn like hell but after you finish screaing and crying, your eyes are refreshed and whiter than cotton!
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I always have errors soory guys . . .I never have time to preview before I post. You will not believe this or approve but I am a teacher and I am addicted to this site! Sometimes, I post on EDS when students are doing a test or something independent like Sustained silent reading. Isn't that terrible. Oh . . .and I am a high school English teacher who would detest these types of errors from my own students! Bad Grin
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin wrote:
I never put eyeliner on the bottom when I want my eyes to be big. And I only line the outer 2/3 of the top eye with it being thicker towards the outer edge. You can also try a light colored shadow in your inner corners and don't forget to use concealer on the inner corner as well!

I tried this today. I put eyeliner only on the top of my top eyelashes the way your described. Much better!! Not going to line the bottom lashes from now on.

Oh and I always use concealer around my eyes.
Thanks.
Smile
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
use the pink benefit pencil as your eyebrow highlighter and make sure your eyebrows are well shaped and groomed .. this will MAKE your eye

Have you ever used Mally Beauty? she has an eyebright wand that has a shimmery goldish powder in it- put something like that in the inner corner of your eyes.

use a light shimmery powder or a creamy looking powder over your whole eyelid

use a nice brown or plum color for a contour and blend well [MAC mulch is a good choice]

line just the top of your eyes and smudge the corners out to get a sort of uplifting cat look [I like to use a pencil liner, and then on top, an angled brush with the same color and i go up at the end and fill in the space at the end by blending]

Curl, curl, curl your lashes and SMOTHER them in HYPNOSE! <3 or whatever mascara you choose

if i knew how to post pictures i'd show you my eye makeup! [this is my routine]

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
chellsta wrote:
I like to use a nude liner from glo minerals to line the lower lid of my eye and then I bring that smae nude liner to the inner corner of my eye and just 1/4 the way on my top lid. This makes the corner of the eye look larger and the eye ball ust opos right out against that nude liner. Why nude? Well, when I use white or any othe pearly color, it looks like I am trying too hard and you can tell my liner is white. With nude on the other hand, my liner is jut soooo natural it hypnotizes people and they can't figure out why my eyes are so gorgeous Very Happy OH, BTW . . .always use eye drops to whiten those eye balls beofr eyou put on your make up to go out. That alon makes a huge difference! My husband has these one drops that burn like hell but after you finish screaing and crying, your eyes are refreshed and whiter than cotton!

Hi Chellsta! How do you like glominerals? Does the nude pencil have good staying power? I have been on the look out for such a colour for ages and I really am tempted. XD Have you tried their eyeshadows or the eye primer?
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I am also curious about the nude liner from glominerals. Where can you buy it? (I live in a fairly small town. Dillards is the only place to buy makeup)
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
noleRN wrote:
I am also curious about the nude liner from glominerals. Where can you buy it? (I live in a fairly small town. Dillards is the only place to buy makeup)

They sell glo minerals on this site.

Perhaps this is the product?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/glominerals-gloprecision-p_4388.htm
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucinda! That must be it. I'm going to have to try it. I like the look of bright eyes without looking like I'm trying too hard. I tried a white cream before and I think it made me look older.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
poofybabypenguin wrote:

I tried this today. I put eyeliner only on the top of my top eyelashes the way your described. Much better!! Not going to line the bottom lashes from now on.

Oh and I always use concealer around my eyes.
Thanks.
Smile

you're welcome! I am glad it worked for you Smile I love big doe-like eyes Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
chellsta is the glo minerals nude liner for the eyes you mentioned a lip liner?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
lorrapaw wrote:
chellsta is the glo minerals nude liner for the eyes you mentioned a lip liner?

Well, no it is an eye pencil and it is the one like the link above connects you too. It looksa exactly like that one with the smudge head on the other end. I looovve it! Yes, it stay just fine to me and it really does look natural!
chellsta
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
chellsta wrote:

Hi Chellsta! How do you like glominerals? Does the nude pencil have good staying power? I have been on the look out for such a colour for ages and I really am tempted. XD Have you tried their eyeshadows or the eye primer?

Hey cuppre!

Sorry to not have gotten back to you till now but had a busy day . . .

I just discovered glo minerals recently and I have not yet tried very much of the product but the owner of a new beauty boutique turned me on to their product after I went in asking for Bare Minerals. I bought the nude (it is actually peach) eye liner pencil and an absoultely wonderful black eye liner from glo minerals that is not loose powder but a creamy texture. Man, , , , it is really easy to use and no more little minerals speck spills all over the face from powder liners. I apply it with the double ended precision brush from ID and use the fine hair liner side. It is waaayyyy easy and the line can be as dramatic or as subtle as you like. BTW, I mean the line on top you know. I sometimes put just a little liner on the top outer lash line and then use the nude (PEACH) on the bottom lid line to the corner and BAMN!!!!! Sheer Beauty!

The boutique owner said that she prefers glo minerals to ID and other MMU because it is better for people with large pore issues. She said that ID is not a good choice for large pores because it is so illuminous that it make the pores look bigger. According to Jenny (the boutique owner) Glo minerlas creates a more matte finish with less illuminosity. For these reasons, she reccomneds Glo to most customers. I actually love ID and prefer the fact that ID MMU gives me that illuminous skin, though I have slightly oily skin with medium pores. I am a ID MMU fan 100% and I even felt bad buying glo minerlas but Jenny spoke so highly about it that I felt like I was missing out. Then when she put it on me, I was sold! I must say, their lip gloss is far better than ID! I bought a Glo liquid lip in a color called "darling" and it is just that: darling! Razz It has a sheer color but really shines and tastes so good and smells good and conditions nicely. I think I.D.'s lip gloss can be a little goupy so I usually have to mix it with a chap stick. Glow minerlas on the other hand, loovee their lip gloss! I will be buyingmore in the future! I am tempted to try their eye shadows and other products but I have to confess that I like all my make up to match. I mean match by brand Confused I know that is silly but I just gave away all of my old MAC, Chanel, LANCOME, AVON, Origins, etc. It was just making my make up case look too schizophrenic! That is just my personal thing. At least with Glo minerals, I can tell the voices in my make up case to "Shut Up! . . .it matches because it is all mineral make up and not a hodgepodge of other brand names that are not of high minerals content and quality!" Rolling Eyes
wila

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
you can use a good eyelash curler which makes your lashes curly
also a good mascara which maximize and lengthen your eyelashes!
when your eyelashes are beatiful , your eyes will be beautiful too
this is the easiest method
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi is it the peach liner you mean then?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the glomineral gloeye pencil?

chelsa--you mentioned you have the black liner from glominerals. is it the pencil or the cream liner? I am really curious about their black eye pencil, i can't seem to find reviews anywhere.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |