Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sagging undereyes....what to do?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jemstar
5% products discount

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
hi- can someone recommend a good undereye firming product that works? I have tried dermalogica's multivitamin eye&lip cream which firmed the skin but didn't do anything for wrinkles and was not moisturing enough. Also, tried kinerease.. also not moisturizing and did nothing for undereye bags but did fade out one crease under my eye.... I am now experimenting with cellosmet(sp?) contour eye gel (1 week so far) and it seems to have given my eyes a lift (i applied it on eyelids) and also gives a faint pulling sensation (perhaps it is working!)

sorry for the long post.....

anyways, any recommendations would be appreciated.... Smile
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi jemstar - I recently bought some 4% DMAE fromwww.skincarecentral.biz and it tightens the eye area. While it seems to work best for me when I apply it on freshly cleansed skin, I'm resolute about using Vit.C serum, and that needs to go on first.

If I apply too thick a layer of DMAE, it balls up a bit under my sunscreen. It took me a while to get the application right.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I should've added that I use mild retinoids (Avene retinaldehyde) in the eye area as well, which will also tighten and refine.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
hm, I'm wanting to get DMAE for my under eye area. I have sinking rather than puffing or bags. I'm reluctant to put anything heavy there, in case of even worse sinking.

But I know when I used perricone's vit c eye cream, it worked well.

what vit c serum do you use around the your area, m. april? what benefit do you get from it?

would it be possible, do you think, to get a DMAE serum made up which also includes vit c, so that it's a one - product thing?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I have the sinking as well...I'd like to try dmae but I'm afraid of worse wrinkling. I don't think it would make the sinking worse. As far as vit.c. I haven't noticed any difference in the sinking, just perhaps brighter around the eyes.

April..anyone..help Rolling Eyes
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Firming Peptide Eye cream from Cellular Skin Rx with matrixyl 3000 and some other peptide is working wonders on my undereye area. I've posted about it before and have to reiterate - this stuff works! I have ordered matrixyl and a base cream from thepersonalformulator.com before but I did not see these results. I am not sure what exactly is making it work so much better. I'm just glad it is working so well. I used Nivea CoQ10 eye cream for years and loved it but I hit a certain age where it seemed not to be enough anymore. After trying Jurlique, Burt's Bees, Barielle, ROC, etc., I tried this when it first came out. About to order my 3rd bottle now.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Firming Peptide Eye cream from Cellular Skin Rx with matrixyl 3000 and some other peptide is working wonders on my undereye area. I've posted about it before and have to reiterate - this stuff works! I have ordered matrixyl and a base cream from thepersonalformulator.com before but I did not see these results. I am not sure what exactly is making it work so much better. I'm just glad it is working so well. I used Nivea CoQ10 eye cream for years and loved it but I hit a certain age where it seemed not to be enough anymore. After trying Jurlique, Burt's Bees, Barielle, ROC, etc., I tried this when it first came out. About to order my 3rd bottle now.

I've been using the Cellular skin for about a week now-too soon to see results I guess. When did you start noticing a change? I love the texture but sometimes feel I need another moisturizer on top-particularly in the evening
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
This is one of my main problems too, the sinking I mean. Recently I have been very good about not going to bed without the whole 'regimen' and I think it is getting a bit better.
It is:

CoQ10 serum from SSC am/ pm
Revive eye cream with IGF am/pm
Rulinea from SSC (Stryvectin copy I think)
PSF Phyto Cranberry EyeLift

I don't know which is doing what, but now I'm afraid to stop. I think however that PSF is really starting to work, I just order a sample, so I guess I have to put out the big buck.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi all - I'm also in the sinking camp -- unless I overdo sodium which is generally the only time I experience puffiness. So far. Fingers crossed. My "sinking" has been like this all my life, and is really because of my cheekbones which are fairly prominent. I just hate it, but when I see beautiful actresses with the same problem (on those rare occasions when their faces aren't perfectly lit), I realize there's nothing yet I can do -- they would've surely done it since their faces are their fortunes.

catski - I use SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic all over my face, neck, and around my eyes. I really like it, and as another forum member once suggested, I keep it in the refrigerator to help preserve it longer. It could be the Vit.E in it that I particularly like, because when I tried SC AOX Serum 20 over the summer (wanted something less oily than the CE+F), my skin didn't have as nice of a texture as with CE+F. But maybe the higher amount of Vit.C in AOX (20%) was just too much for my skin compared to 15% in the Ferulic.

Anyway, even though my skin wasn't bad or anything before I joined this forum and learned about so many products I'd never heard of before, since using Vit.C serum, I find it kind of reconditions my skin, particularly when I've used acid products like AHAs or retinoids which are drying. It's generally thought that the most effective C sera are the l-ascorbic acid types. While it hasn't faded my freckles, it's supposed to enhance photo-protection so that's another reason I like to use it.

I always wished there'd be one magic cream that contained all of the goodies we want in skincare products, but actually, even though it's a hassle, I think certain types of skincare actives perform better on their own, and layering over a period of time renders better results Sad Sad Sad

Hi marina - if I were you, I'd try a sample of 4% DMAE fromwww.skincarecentral.biz. If you're sensitive, maybe get a 2% sample as well. It's effect on me is most noticeable around my eyes, as Kathleen from skincarecentral suggested it may be. That's what most people experience. I haven't had any lines form from using it about two weeks now. I'll certainly let you know if I do!

***Fellow sunken-eyed ladies - it doesn't make my undereye area look more sunken, but rather tightens it a bit! It's a clear serum, not a heavy cream.

I probably shouldn't have stated above that I've gotten the application right -- I'm still having issues with it balling up under my SS and makeup, but not nearly as bad as I've experienced with some other products in a hyaluronic acid base.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet XT-Gel helps firm up the eye area, and I found the Suisse Programme Eye Firming Gel to be quite good too. Decleor firming eye gel is another that is not bad and is much cheaper than the above two.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
April, are you doing the 10 min. wait time? I have a hard time with wait times-I do it for retinols etc. I log on to EDS while waiting for the 10 minutes--then I end up staying for over an hour!! Embarassed
natalie2
5% products discount

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I have the sinking as well...I'd like to try dmae but I'm afraid of worse wrinkling.

April..anyone..help Rolling Eyes

I'm curious about this. why would DMAE contribute to wrinkles? I thought it worked at firming the skin, so it would actually have the opposite effect.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am probably completely wrong about this (wouldn't be the first time) with respect to dmae. It's just that other firming/tightening products I've used-okusil form J & B for one (I have to check the ingredients in this one)caused major crepiness. So whenever I hear tighteniing or firming-well-I'm careful. The one product that didn't was PSF eye gel. I'm convinced about benefits of dmae to use it all over my face & will certainly try it under my eyes as well. As far as I know, no one has reported any increased dryness or lines from dmae.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Marina,
Re the Firming peptide eye cream. I wasn't really watching very closely then I noticed when I was near the bottom of my first bottle that my undereye area all the sudden looked much brighter and smoother. That line of demarcation I talked about before had just really disappeared. Since I was near the end of the bottle, I'd estimate it was probably after about 4 weeks or slightly more? I find I can use a bottle up in about one month. I slather it on and use it for touch-ups throughout the day, too, so it goes pretty quickly for me.

I personally think since I used Matrixyl before that it must be that chorella vulgaris sp? ingredient that is supposed to be anti-aging/protective that is making the difference...
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:

catski - I use SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic all over my face, neck, and around my eyes. I really like it, and as another forum member once suggested, I keep it in the refrigerator to help preserve it longer. It could be the Vit.E in it that I particularly like, because when I tried SC AOX Serum 20 over the summer (wanted something less oily than the CE+F), my skin didn't have as nice of a texture as with CE+F. But maybe the higher amount of Vit.C in AOX (20%) was just too much for my skin compared to 15% in the Ferulic.

M.April, I am also using C E Ferulic but didnt know it could be use around the eye area. Thats a great suggestion maybe I will give it a try to see how it works out for me, what have you experienced since using it around your eye area? Does it tightens and lessens dark circles?
jemstar
5% products discount

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
hi betterat40 - do you the supplement chlorella? Im taking that- but I dont' think it has any effect on my skin- at least I don't notice it now...

also last night, i experimented a bit by using EL advanced night repair mixed with some vitamin e and vaseline... and it seems to have helped.....
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi m.april

I've used skincarecentral's 4% DMAE a few times. I have the sunken area and the demarcation line is very obvious because the other part of my eye is puffy. I thought the DMAE made the demarcation line worse - the sunken bit more sunken? I don't know if it's my imagination or not. Can anyone else confirm?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I have tried not to reply to this subject but just can't help myself. The best eye cream by far which does correct the whole eye area is.....Valmont L Elixir Eye Cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:08 am      Reply with quote
As per bushy and others' recommendation, I have used Remergent for about a month. I can see the difference now. I think that area looks less wrinkles and less tired. I can not say thank you enough bushy and all you guys for great reviews.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
this is a very interesting thread!

really apppreciating all this detailed info.

bushy, what are the active ingredients in the valmont elixir - do you know?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi xxophelia - While others talk about Vit.C serum possibly being drying, I haven't found this to be the case with me, in fact, with SC CE+Ferulic, dryness is offset. Like I said, it could be the Vit.E in it that's helping.

I can't say I've seen dramatic changes in my skin since using Vit.C, since my skin was already in good shape before I started using it. Any dark circles I have seem to fluctuate, for what reason I don't know. I'm not sure if Vit.C has an effect on dark circles or not. I can't say it's had a tightening effect either. That's why I tried DMAE!

I use Vit.C mainly for it's claim to be a good anti-oxidant and photo-protector.

Hi Ninetynine - I haven't noticed more sunkeness from using DMAE. In fact, it seems to tighten the area, making those rings look less noticeable on me. But the effect doesn't last consistently -- I'm hoping after using it for a longer period that it will. I certainly wouldn't want to do anything that made it worse. I'm sorry it isn't working for you, especially if you bought it because of anything I've said.

Hi marina - I think I've tried waiting after applying DMAE, but can't remember if it solved the problem. I'll try it again though! BTW, DMAE may be a tad drying, but nothing like Okusil. It's kind of difficult for me to judge because I started using DMAE just as the weather here changed -- and my skin definitely changes along with it.

A friend who just had upper and lower blepharoplasty bought an eye cream from her surgeon -- Neostrata Bionic or something and she likes it. Does anyone know anything about this stuff???
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
And... I'm confused. Is Valmont better than Remergent? When it gets cold and dry, I can use a good eye cream.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm. I'm losing track of who's part of the sagging camp and who's part of the sinking one. I want to find help for sagging undereyes, too! Smile
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna - I'm using DMAE to help lift my upper eyelids, which at age 54, aren't really that bad but nevertheless... it's tightening my lower eye area as well, which is sunken, not sagging.

Retinoids will help any area of the skin they're applied to. And they help diminish lines.

But now that winter's approaching, my skin in general and eye area in particular gets dryer, so that's why I'm interested in finding a good eye cream that does the job but doesn't break the bank. If it's something that works wonders, I could be persuaded though.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
this is a very interesting thread!

really apppreciating all this detailed info.

bushy, what are the active ingredients in the valmont elixir - do you know?

I believe the main ingredients in Valmont are the DNA. For an eye cream alone, Valmont is the winner but you can also achieve probably the same with Remergent but you will need Microcirculation, DNA Repair and Barrier Repair.
I am currently alternating between Valmont L Elixir Face and Eye for a couple of months and then Remergent for around 3 months. It just depends on how long each set of containers lasts.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |