Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

lactic acid peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I would like do a lactic acid peel. I don't know if I need a neutralizer or not, or what cleanser would not leave a residue. I did use my 10 percent lactic peel, but it didn't sting and I don't know if I should have applied anything afterwards. I use cetiphil cleanser. Oh, and I left the lactic peel on for only two minutes. Not long enough maybe? Thanks for all of you help.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I bought both the glycolic and lactic peels. They came with a neutralizer and in the instructions that came along with it instructed not to used a cleanser that had detergent in it. So they gave me a green tea bar soap.

They recommend going slow and in increments. Although my peel percentages are far higher I still wouldn't jump into it. After a peel I usually put on CP serum and emu oil on afterwards.

I'd move up to 3 min next time around.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, thats why. I only bought a sample to see how I would like. I guess that backfired. I will go buy full size. Thanks.
Oh, by the way, I hate bar soap. Is there a liquid one?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, not sure if you need to neutralize your skin before hand, they do recommend it though. It may just be that your peel is low. I bought the 55% lactic peel. I'm sure there are other cleansers you can use. The cetephil might be okay though, that doesn't contain any detergents does it?

How's your skin, is it sensitive because mines a little stubborn and although it stings when I swab it over my face initially it wears off and I don't even get pink/red. I've done about 4 peels now and still no after peeling like some other have experienced. My skin seems to be a little tougher and can tolerate a little more I suppose.

I'm sure others will chime in here soon that have a tad bit more experience than I do with peels.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be interested to know how you experience these peels as different froma glycolic or fruit acid peel.

I often put yoghurt on my face ( lactic acid!) and it makes my complexion really even in colour and well hydrated - it's rejuvenating.

But I've never used lacyic acid in any other form.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering about the lactic acid peels. I emailed MUAC and asked about a peel to keep up the results of my TCA peel and they recommended the 40% lactic acid peel weekly.

I will probably get it but I will wait until I finish my TCA course.

liz
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I often put yoghurt on my face ( lactic acid!) and it makes my complexion really even in colour and well hydrated - it's rejuvenating.

I agree Catski that's what I felt I got from yogurt too, though I'm told there isn't really enough active to make it effective. It certainly plumped the skin. I don't know how old you are, but if you're happy with that why not stick with it?
I find the 10% lactic gives your skin better turnover, but it feels dryer than with yogurt - you don't get that plumping effect.
Razinkane - you shouldn't need a neutraliser as this is not a major league peel, but if your cleanser is leaving a residue best to get something else anyhow because your actives won't penetrate well. And that's good advice from Ariesxtreme on going slowly on the increments. It can suddenly catch up with you after a few uses and especially when you have sensitive skin.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I did my 55% lactic acid peel last night. I can't really feel a difference from my 40% glycolic acid peel. I've been so stressed out lately and got like 2 pimples that I kept picking at..ugh and they got a little red and now they're noticeable. But the lactic peel I did last night did dramatically tone down their appearance. Boy did it burn when I put the lactic acid peel over the open acne Laughing

I'm up to about 6 min on each the lactic acid and the glycolic acid. I may be ready for the TCA peel here soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you neutralized after, not before?
Hmm, don't know if cetaphil contains detergents or not.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot, how often a week should I do a 10 percent peel?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I thought you neutralized after, not before?
Hmm, don't know if cetaphil contains detergents or not.

Well the instructions that came with my peels said to do it before and after.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
The solution that comes with the lactic acid is a ph balancer, kind of like a toner, it is not a neutralizer. Here is what the web site says:

How to use:
Prep your skin with our pH prep solution (included).
Allow it to dry completely.
Apply Lactic Acid serum to skin for 3-7 minutes.
Rinse off with soap and water.
Rebalance with pH prep solution.
Dry skin completely.
Some pinkness of the skin may be noticeable post-peel or
a warm feeling to the skin. This is normal.
Use sunscreen or a makeup with SPF factor post-peel.
Recommended usage: once or twice a week.
Packaged in plastic flip-top bottles.

HTH,
Liz
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
OMG I didn't rinse with soap, just water. Embarassed
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I actually don't rinse with soap either, think I'm suppose to, but have never had a problem. I just make sure that I thoroughly rinse it off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm wondering if I am going to buy the full size should I just get the 40 percent. Should I? Can I seriously burn my face with that?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Unless you have super sensitive skin, you shouldn't have a problem. Just go slow and start out by leaving it on only a minute or two. Then slowly increase your time.

HTH,
liz
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have the 55% lactic acid peel from MUAC. I don't use it too often -- it's strong for my skin! But the pH value is a factor in all of this, and I think there are lower % lactic peels that can actually have an even stronger effect, depending on the pH.

For a mild, weekly peel I use the PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel which is very gentle by comparison. But if I feel I need the big guns, I use the lactic.

I was under the impression that lactic peels are generally the most mild. How do they compare to glycolic peels??? My skin likes glycolic products.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
OMG I didn't rinse with soap, just water.

Razinkane - Don't worry. That's all you need to do. No neutralising before nor after. Clean your face. Put it on for 2 or 3 mins. Rinse thoroughly with water.

The other peels referred too are much, much stronger and have different instructions.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies! Question: I've never done a real peel before (though my skin has flaked from using Retin-A a while ago and I have recently done PSF's microdermabrasion crystals) - where do you get your products for the peel? What is MUAC?

TIA! Very Happy
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mermaidgirl - MUAC:www.makeupartistschoice.com. I heard about it here on the forum not long after I first joined. They have lots of stuff as I recall. I was wowed by the lactic acid peel -- it really got rid of a bout of flakey, crusty skin -- and like you, I've never done any kind of peels, lasers, LED treatments, dermabrasions, etc., etc. -- nothing! But retinoids sometimes make my skin crusty.

I've only used it about 4-6 times or so -- it's pretty strong like I said. But of course, this can be controlled to an extent by how long it's left on the skin, and there are other types and strengths as well. I just don't need to exfoliate so aggressively very often, and that's why I rarely use it.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:08 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi Mermaidgirl - MUAC:www.makeupartistschoice.com. I heard about it here on the forum not long after I first joined. They have lots of stuff as I recall. I was wowed by the lactic acid peel -- it really got rid of a bout of flakey, crusty skin -- and like you, I've never done any kind of peels, lasers, LED treatments, dermabrasions, etc., etc. -- nothing! But retinoids sometimes make my skin crusty.

I've only used it about 4-6 times or so -- it's pretty strong like I said. But of course, this can be controlled to an extent by how long it's left on the skin, and there are other types and strengths as well. I just don't need to exfoliate so aggressively very often, and that's why I rarely use it.

Thanks M.April! I actually am familiar with the MUAC site - I'd just forgotten about it! I only visited it once and did a quick perusal, so it just didn't stick in my memory. I'll have to go back and look around, and consider a peel ... !
IcyFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I have to say that the MUAC Lactic Peels are truly amazing.

THeres no other product that delivers instant noticeable results.

I mean my skin was baby soft and flawless immidiately. It does kinda sting for a bit, but its all worth it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Would you need a neutralizer for a 30 percent peel?
claudek

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm a man ,39, and using MUAC 40% LA peel, weekly. I leave it on for about 6-7 minutes with no irritation, burn, redness, etc..but no big results either. Maybe they are there, but maybe very subtle.My skin does not "peel"..I am using it for hyperpigmentation. I also use a product (day and night) called Thiospot, which is excellent and contains Lactic Acid. Perhaps this product has made my skin resistant to LA peel?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Those MUAC lactic acid peeling kits - say, for the 2 oz one, how many applications would I be likely to get, applying to face and neck? TIA!

Actually I'm thinking of doing the entire upper body, or maybe whole body, but I'm guessing no-one else has been silly enough to do that? Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |