Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Donell Super Skin Brightening Cream (1 oz) Pür Minerals All Over Glow Face & Body Bronzer (30 g / 1 oz) Carita Progressif Perfect Cream for Body New Generation Complete Care (200 ml / 6.7 floz)
lactic acid peel

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
IcyFire wrote:
I have to say that the MUAC Lactic Peels are truly amazing.

THeres no other product that delivers instant noticeable results.

I mean my skin was baby soft and flawless immidiately. It does kinda sting for a bit, but its all worth it.

hi IcyFire.I'm wondering how long do these results last for you?
IcyFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
IcyFire wrote:

I mean my skin was baby soft and flawless immidiately. It does kinda sting for a bit, but its all worth it.

Thats a good question, because the results are not permanent and only last about 3-4 days. Skin is constantly changing. Thats why you always hear that you should do a peel once or twice a week. I myself tend to do one before a big event or a night out andI will be "glowing" for the rest of night. Even though the glow effect wears off, your skin does eventually become and stay smoother.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
razinkane I tried the 10% lactic acid peel yesterday and like you I barely noticed anything. I think that we are using the same one (the gel that you get at DianaYvonne or at Skincarecentral).

I cleansed my face beforehand and even wiped it with rubbing alcohol to make sure that there were no oils. I was going to try for 2 minutes but I ended up leaving it on for 5 minutes since I experienced almost no stinging and no redness (actually my face barely even turned pink!). Afterwards my skin did not feel irritated at all.

Are you getting results with this peel despite the fact that it seems to be doing nothing when you apply it? Are you going to try a different peel?

I wonder if the fact that we both use mandelic acid has something to do with our reactions to the lactic acid peel. I am going to try the 15% Fruit Acid peel next and see how that goes.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Theresa,

I'm using the Mandelic acid also..does this react with the lactic acid peel? I'm using both the glycolic acid 40% and lactic acid 55% and don't really see anything, at least I dont think. I've moved both up to about 6 min or so. I alternate between the two. It stings only when I apply it and then it dissipates. I don't peel, my face doesn't turn red or pink. Although it may feel smoother to the touch. I figured since I went so high on the concentration for my first times I'd be alright, my skin seriously must be like the Great Wall of China.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
How strange. I use the Mandelic and the Lactic 10% still stings me. On the other hand the ISC Active felt like nothing so it's not that I'm ultra-sensitive. I wonder why the reaction varies so much according to the AHA and the person.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme I don't think that using the Mandelic Acid would cause any problems with doing a peel. Personally I would not use them both on the same day though. I just mentioned the Manelic because I was wondering if using the mandelic acid 3 times a week has sort of made my skin used to acids and therefore the lactic acid peel felt like nothing! Are you using the Diana Yvonne peels? I am honestly shocked that you haven't peeled using these! They are a low pH and IMO 6 min is a long time to leave a low pH peel of these strengths on. I don't recall exactly but when I was getting my peels done at my derms I think that I actually experienced "peeling" when I moved up to the 40% glycolic acid peel for 2 or 3 min(unfortunatly I don't know what the pH is).

Molly I don't know why the lactic acid barely stung and as you all know I am ultra-sensitive! I am not even using the Mandelic acid that you are. I have mostly been using the skincarcentral 10% but have a few times used the 15%. It will be interesting to see how my skin reacts to the 15% Fruit acid!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Weird, I'm using the Vivant Mandelic Acid 15% probably about 4 times a week, sometimes less sometimes more. With my peels I thought that was a low PH and the times I'm doing them at seem pretty high, but no peeling Rolling Eyes . I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'll keep up with these peels since I still have the whole 1 oz bottles left of each and perhaps move to the TCA peel. I got my peels from Makeup Artists Choice.

The lactic acid peel on Diana Yvonne has a lower PH of 1.9, the glycolic and lactic I purchased from Makeup artists choice both have of PH of 2.4

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme I wonder if the 1.9 pH peels would make a big difference over the ones that you are using now? Or perhaps going up a strengh on the Makeup Artists peels? I did notice that as the strength of the Makeup Artists peels increases the pH decreases. Do you wipe you face with alcohol beforehand? The reason that I do this is because my derm always did this. I guess that any residual oils on the skin can keep the peel from penetrating properly. So if you don't already do this you may want to give it a try. I should have asked this first but I just assumed that you "want" your skin to peel when you do a peel. Am I correct?
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the PH does decrease as the level of % increases. The kit came with a balancer or something to use before using the peel, and I also use the green tea soap that came with it to prep my skin.

I just assumed that if my skin did peel, that's how I would know it was working effectively. Can one truly reap the benefits of a peel if their skin does not peel?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme from personal experience I would say that whether I peel or not face peels produce benefits either way. It is just that when I have actually peeled the difference is more obvious. There is nothing like having thickened, yucky skin after a peel and then a few days later it peels off and the skin is so baby soft. It is just very cool in a weird sort of way. But I am not so sure that it is something that is good to do on a regular basis. Sometimes I wonder if the peel strenghts needed to actually produce a peel do more harm in the long run than the short term benefits. I am starting to get back into doing peels and hope to do them once or twice a month so I imagine that I will need to use moderate percentages to achieve the results that I want. I myself don't necessarily care if I peel or not (although the baby soft stuff would be nice once in a while!) but want to find the lowest strength peel that will give me the results that I want.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I use the mandelic about every other day, last couple days been using it every day. I really like the glow it gives. I don't know if it has any effect on the lactic acid though. I like the glow from the lactic too, and the pore tightening effect. That, with some copper and emu oil on I really like how my skin looks and feels in the morning. My only gripe is that is dosen't last long enough. I was going to move up to a 30 or 40 percent peel, but I don't know if I should.
I don't use any alcohol beforehand. I wasn't aware. I only clean with cetaphil, wait 15 minutes, the apply the lactic acid. I don't peel either, I just kinda flake in some places. Nothing a little moisturizer can't fix.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
razinkane if you are happy with the results that you are getting from the 10% lactic then stick with that! It sounds like you are really getting into a nice routine and I am glad that things are working so well for you.

You don't have to use the alcohol beforehand. It is just something that I do and while it has it's benefits it can also be drying. Since I will be doing my peels every two weeks at the most I figure that my skin can handle the alcohol that often. If I were to do more frequent peels I probably would not use the alcohol. I will be moving up to stronger peels because I don't think that the 10% lactic will give me the benefits that I want but then again I am sort of doing the peels in place of using the Mandelic Acid and not in addition to it. Unfortunatly for me the mandelic acid did not work out. Yes, it did help with my pores but it was too drying to be using even 3 times a week and I suspect that it is making my acne and whiteheads/milia much worse because of that!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Does it cause those? I didn't know that. I do know, though, that since starting cps and emu my skin has been very acne free, but lately I have been getting some around my mouth area, and some tiny ones around my temples. I wonder if its the mandelic. Thats the only thing I have added lately. I still loooove the glow it gives though, so as long as these little buggers move along quickly I can deal with them. I have just been putting on mario badescu drying lotion to get them gone quicker.
How often should one do a lactic acid peel? I asked in another post but don't remember where the thing is. Also, one other thing, do you know if clyndamycin can be used with it? I would like to use that on the few breakouts I got lately along with the drying lotion, but just don't have any clue if its okay to do.
Oh, by the way, please let me know how the stronger peel goes.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mandelic acid is actually supposed to help with acne. I just think that in my case it is overdrying and irritating (I don't really notice any irritation but I have a feeling that it is happening) my skin which always makes my acne worse and also leads to whiteheads.

I really don't know how often would be appropriate for a 10% lactic acid peel. Hopefully someone else will know. I am not certain if you would want to apply the clindamycin right after a peel but you can use it and still do peels. I used Duac (benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) while I was getting my peels done at my derms. I would just stop using it the day of the peel and not use it again until my skin recovered from the peel. Clindamycin alone may be different though. Part of the reason that I had to be so careful with the Duac and peels was because the BP is irritating.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Raz - as ever how often you can use the Lactic depends on the person. I've seen some people use it every night. I used it 3x a week at most and then it made me peel a bit. You haven't been using it very long so you're only seeing the immediate results (pore tightening and softness). It should also stimulate collagen production and this becomes apparant after regular use a few weeks in. It's actually a bit inconvenient using a peel too often though because you can't use your actives that night so you might sample the 40% but be very careful. Your skin seems very much more resiliant than I'd assumed from the irritation you were getting before.
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Do you get your ph value when you bought full size? I didn't get anything else except samples I orderd. Does anyone know how to balance skin tone after acid when there is no ph value? Thanks for your reply.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
IcyFire wrote:
catski wrote:
IcyFire wrote:

Thats a good question, because the results are not permanent and only last about 3-4 days. Skin is constantly changing. Thats why you always hear that you should do a peel once or twice a week. I myself tend to do one before a big event or a night out andI will be "glowing" for the rest of night. Even though the glow effect wears off, your skin does eventually become and stay smoother.

Thanks, IcyFire.

If /when you run out of this product, or if you feel like it, I'd love it if you would try the live yoghurt and aspirin mask, and run a comparison! I'd love to know how they compare.
Usually on a saturday morning when I'm reading papers and having coffee I use this home made mask, and I feel it makes me look more rested and smooth, basically for the w/e. ( which is a nice feeling!)
I add a drop or two of lemon juice to it if I'm feeling oily, also.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Theresa, I used the lactic acid last night, and while I noticed my skin is softer afterwards and a nice tint to it, I didn't get any stinging. I left it on for about 5 minutes. I am going to use the alchohol like you did and see if its because maybe my cleanser is leaving residue. I was wondering how long after rubbing face with alcohol do I wait before applying the lactic, of if there is any wait time at all. Thanks
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
razinkane just wait a few minutes for the alcohol to dry. BTW don't rub your face with the alcohol just "wipe" it. Let me know how it goes! I will be trying the 15% Fruit Acid peel tomorrow and will update.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
razinkane I did the 15% fruit acid peel today and while it did not sting alot I get the impression that it is a lot more "active" than the 10% Lactic acid one. I was going to go for 2 or 3 minutes but since the stinging was mild and my face was not turning red I deciced to stick it out for a little longer and went to 5 minutes. I did however neutralize a few spots around the base of my nose at around two minutes because that was stinging alot. I was surprised that my skin was only somewhat pink afterwards and went back to normal color quickly. The spots at the base of my nose are still red though and feel quite irritated. The rest of my face feels like I did a peel but does not feel bad. I guess I will have to be careful with the areas at the base of my nose as I do recall having problems there when I was getting my peels done at the derms. I would probably do well to apply some Aquaphor or something similar to those areas before the peel so that no acid comes into contact with them. I was also surprised by the different feel of the fruit v. the lactic acid peel and am not sure this is entirely due to the strenght, I think that the glycolic in the fruit acid one may have something to do with it.

About the 10% Lactic I have noticed that since I did the lactic peel on Monday my milia have been clearing up some. I don't know if it was the peel or the fact that I changed my cleansing oil. Hopefully this 15% fruit acid peel will have similar effects. I don't plan on doing another peel for a week or two since my plan is to work up to doing them only once or twice a month.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Theresa. I have the same problem around my nose, and if I'm not careful I get red irritated spots around the bottem at the sides that do not go away no matter how much moisturizer I put on it. I don't know how my face reacts to glycolic acid. I have used pads before for exfoliation that contained glycolic acid and I noticed a few spider veins showing up, but that could have been due to exfoliating.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane I found that for the dryness and irritation around my nose what has helped the most is using a non-drying cleanser. Since I have been doing that I rarely have problems unless I use a irritating product or overdo it with acids. But you are already using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, right?

On the issue of your spider veins I just don't know. It could just be happening because the glycolic causes flushing which is making your blood vessels more noticable or it could be something not so good happening. I would avoid glycolic until you find out if it is something normal and harmless or something going wrong. Hopefully someone else will know more about this.
majica72
5% products discount

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I recently did a 25% TCA peel which produced fantastic results in reducing facial pigmentation and fine lines. I am now looking for a "maintenance" peel without the downtime. I've heard good things about MUC products, so I emailed them and they recommended the 55% lactic acid peel and to start applying it at least 2-3 weeks after the TCA peel to enable my skin to recover. I have ordered their lactic peel and can't wait to start using it. I'm so happy with my complexion after the TCA peel but I want it to stay this way!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Babor ScenTao of Asia Shower Milk (200 ml / 7.25 oz) Skin Tx Starter Kit - Program 1 - Normal/Dry (7 items) Gatineau Age Benefit Ultra-Regenerating Night Elixir (15 ml / 0.5 floz)