Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How many masks in a week?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a hard time remembering to do masks. I thought I'd try to come up with a "schedule" that I can write down, such as mondays do this, tuesdays do nothing, wednesdays do that. I have four full size masks. I'm not set on incorporating them all in at once. I think that'd be too much. I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have...

Neutrogena Acne mark fading peel
JB Nutrient Mask
JB GAP
DrH Clay Mask

I also just bought Mario Badescu's Acne repair kit which has the Drying Lotion, Drying Cream and Buffering Lotion.

Aside from this stuff my daily routine include DrHCC, CM, clarifying toner and Normalizing Day oil.

So, how much is too much? Is there anything on this list that I should avoid using the same night or on consecutive nights? If you can't tell by these products my main concern is acne Rolling Eyes and of course the marks it leaves behind. Thanks for the help! Very Happy
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
I only like like to use masks that have little synthetic fillers that can end up clogging the pores later.. Dr H is a favourite on my list.

I find it difficult to fit masks into my schedule too.. sometimes I procrastinate and it is almost 8 weeks before I do one Shock

From personal experience, I would do the Dr H Clay mask, and the first time use a heavier layer. Then on the same evening, avoid using oil based products, maybe spot treat problem areas. This really helps the skin to purge.

Then within 2-3 days, repeat the mask again, this is about the time your skin may start to purge more. Remember to not use oil based products the night you have done the mask.

Sometimes I exfoliate after a mask, because there is just so much dead skin build up. I guess you can use the GAP instead.

HTH
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
at least two masks, one being a cleasing clay mask and one being a moistrizing mask.
I sometimes forget to do it also. that's why I like sheet masks. no rinsing and no fuss. you just put it on. too bad that it is kind of hard to find any good sheet mask in canada.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Sheet masks?? Do tell me more... The only one that I have ever used is the Janson Beckett (spa section) collagen mask & I LOVE it!!!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
well, I don't know about the Neutragena one, but I would suggest doing the other ones once a week each. If it is too much with the clay one, do that once every two weeks

You could do something like:
day 1 - GAP, skip a day, day 3 - JB nourishing, skip a day, day 5 - Dr. H. Clay (I actually follow this with the Dr. H. Rejeuvenating every time), skip 2 days and then back to day 1.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I used to like to use peel off masks followed by a rich moisturizing mask. The peel off one I used to use is no longer available does anyone have suggestions?

Does the sheet mask act like the peel off kind (does it melt into the pores) and then you pull it off with dead skin and gunk?

P.S. Now I use Queen Helena or DR. H Mud masks several times a week. This is messier.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Dr. H. Clay (I actually follow this with the Dr. H. Rejeuvenating every time), ....

Oh, I like that!!! Two Dr. Hs. I'll try that when I next do a mask. I also have trouble remembering.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the ideas! I was worried that incorporating that much would be overboard. I never thought I could use two masks in one night like a few posters mentioned. Hopefully if I can get on some kind of schedule then I'll see better results. I have a hard time remembering when I did what. I work nights so I do this after my shift and right before bed. So most times I'm half asleep already!

Do you think using the MB stuff I mentioned after a mask would be too much? I haven't done a mask in a few weeks because I've been loving the MB stuff and using either the drying lotion or the buffering lotion every night. I guess I could always try it but knowing my luck I'll end up with a rash or something! Laughing

And I too would love to hear more about the sheet masks...
natalie2
5% products discount

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I sometimes use a mask nightly because I love the way my skin feels. Even though it's not recommended to do nightly, if it works in my schedule, I do it.
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
i am doing deep cleaning mask once a week,
using Loreal micro-dermabrasion system once a week, and I am using hydrating mask 3 times a week.
xxophelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I would say depends on your skin type, since I have congested skin 2x clay mask or 1x clay + 1 aspirin mask a week is a must. I usually follow up with a hydrating mask or renewing pack on those nights. The rest of the week I would do a firming mask and a whitening mask so I guess for me is about 4 masks a week.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:00 am      Reply with quote
What a coincidence! I have been thinking for a month how much facial mask is too much and have done my experiment of 21 consecutive days facial mask race(?) yesterday and plan to write the review on it. Will post it soon. As a sum-up, my face really like the every day mask, clogs look cleaner and smaller. The thing is I don't use a clay mask. what I used is valmont renewing, Nelly de vuyst collagen, Dr. H's mask (forgot the name for now) and the others, i.e. not-that-strong ones.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
i tends to use mask 3x per week and especially after i have finish my menses, i will use it consecutive for 5 days.

read from somewhere that after your menses, thats the best time to do mask and that your skin is able to absorb it best. cant recall in exact but i try to stick to the routine.

usually i would use those sheet mask, as it is relatively convenient.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I love masks, so I am definitely guilty of probably using too many on a weekly basis. Smile I have too many to list, but I generally use a clay or exfoliating mask 2x a week (depends on my skin & the weather), & a hyrdrating/moisturising mask of some sort around 2x a week as well. Not to mention the JB green apple peel which I use 1x a week. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |