Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Has anyone used City Lips Advanced formula?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I love City Lips clear treatment - it makes my lips really smooth and a bit plumper.
I was looking at their new product - City Lips Advanced Formula.
It is very expenive though - $35 (US) for 5 mL. It's a bit deceptive as in the picutres it looks the same size as the normal one.

Can anyone comment on it please.
Thanks.
Emma x
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Emma, dont waste ur money, i bought it and saw no difference,i also have tried Lip Fusion which was useless and the PSF lip plumper which was no good either. The only one i tried which gave the best but still suble lip plumping was Lip Injection - it was the cheapest - i actually havent bought it yet as i still have the rest of the city lips to use, i just tried the Lip Injection as a tester.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nicky,
Thank for that.
Very Happy
It is an extremely small tube for $35.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
oooh I didn't know there was a new advanced treatment! I want Sad
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else have any other reviews for this product? I actually thought about purchasing it, because it has a fair bit of HA in it so I thought it might even work. But yes like Emma2006 said the before/after pictures I've seen look the same & there are no MUA reviews either. Confused Think
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw this as well on amazon when I was looking for a tube of the original ($10). Saw the advanced.. man I want it but not for such a price difference. I see alot of people say it doesn't work as well as a certain product... however the other products don't promise long term results. I will say that yes city lips sucks as an instant plumper, but having used it every night for months, FOR SURE my lips are plumper. There's nothing like it for my lips. I want the advanced but I don't think I can spend the extra money on something so frivalous without a testimony at least on here or mua saying its better. *someone... ANYONE! say its better* Laughing

Wow, I just saw the dates on the other posts in this thread.. has no one tried this yet? And how come I just found out about it now? We need an under a rock smiley icon...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
No I haven't used it yet either, I still have an almost completely full LipFusion XL, plus many other plumpers that I've only half-used Embarassed & have found none of them seem to work very well, but I'm assuming I'm not using them for a long enough period to see results.

I may consider trying the City Lips one, but at the moment I can't find any proper reviews of this anywhere Question
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered Candy's lip treatment and am looking forward to trying it.
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried City Lips Advanced formula, on and off for a few months. here's my verdict:

-it has a good immediate plumping effect on my lips.
-it claims to have a cumulative effect, which *might* be the case.

Compared to regular City Lips:

-contains more plumping spheres and HA, it all sounds very good.
-costs alot more.
-comes in clear, a cool and a warmer transparant shade.
- is meant as an overnight treatmeant, but can be used daytime as well.
-the formulation is stickier and thicker than regular CL. This one is more like Juicy Tubes but slightly thicker (!)
-Smell is similar to regular CL, very sweet sugary smell. (not sure about clear version).
-stings slightly more than regular ed. in my opinion, but i'm not bothered.

Does it work?

Yes and no. I forgive a yucky consistancy and a high price if I get long term plumped lips. It definately gives me a immediate subtle plump. I do wake up with a slightly plumped pout in the morning. But hey - dont we all, lips ARE plumper in the morning.

I did not achieve WOW effects with this one. If there were any long term effect at all, at least I havent noticed.

I have to add that I have never achieved any remarkeble (or any at all?) results with any cumulative plumper. Not even with HA pills.

I am currently using Lip Fusion XL which I like. It has the same immediate result on me as CL or Lip Injection regular. I *DO* suspect that a little cumulative plumping is going on here. Because sometimes my left lip side is a little bit plumper it seems and this is only with LF XL.

Other plumpers I have tried:
Lip Injection regular did not wow me because I want to invest in long term results and this does not offer that. I did not like the stickyness either. This stings a bit but I dont mind.

Lip Fusion regular I liked as a daily colored gloss because of consistancy and immidiate subtle plumping. Same goes for regular City Lips. As far as long term plumping, frankly, I dont know.

Bottom line: nothing really works for me, but I'll continue with LF XL because I love it on my lips, it has a fast flushing/plumping effect. and its the only one I *think* I sometimes see long time plumping with.

Finally, I know alot of girls are happy with regular City Lips and LF (MUA). I have the impression CL works for some, but then not LF, and vice versa. (as if only one of the brands work - depending on lips). Plus, some girls swear by Lip injection extreme.

I'm not a happy camper yet, but
I will never give up on lip plumping! Bad Grin
Ziggy Embarassed

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Emma? I've think I've tried every lip plumper out there, and honestly none of them worked for me EXCEPT Sally Hansen Lip Inflation. Many EDS members have said the same. It appears to be sold at all the national drugstore chains (CVS, Walgreen) and I believe I paid $3 for it! It's not a permanent "plump" of course, but I'm now addicted to it and have it with me all the time to so I can just slap it on wherever I am.. Really, you should try it! I usually buy the clear for myself, but it also comes in some lovely, neutral colors.. HTH!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
oooh I didn't know there was a new advanced treatment! I want Sad

me too! Mad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |