Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Please Recommend Eye Cream with Light Reflecting Particles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Hello, Sorry, I have been searching high and low for an Eye Cream with Light Reflecting Particles or pigments but to no avail.....

Can you please recommend me?
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Olay makes one that has a golden-yellow tint, with reflective flakes. I think it is from the "complete" line. I have dark circles under my eyes- this creme doesn't cover them, but it does disguise them a bit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
dermalogica total eye spf15

clinique advanced stop signs eye spf15

the first one has a pinkish tint and the second one has whitish tint. you get a temp. brightening effect on the eye as you apply but both tints diminish eventually.
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
hanzawasama wrote:
Olay makes one that has a golden-yellow tint, with reflective flakes. I think it is from the "complete" line. I have dark circles under my eyes- this creme doesn't cover them, but it does disguise them a bit.

Hello, hanzawasama, thanks for your reply. Really appreciate, I have been searching high and low, dont know which to buy and feel so despair....

Sorry, could you tell me the full name of the eye cream?

I know Olay got lots of eye creams which are really confusing newbie like me...

After you use it, how's the appearance? I mean we still can see the cream after putting for few minutes or how? Will it diminish eventually like stated by our forumer, hopemelody regarding the clinique and dermalogica in the above post? Forgive me if my question sounds weird to you...
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:
dermalogica total eye spf15

clinique advanced stop signs eye spf15

the first one has a pinkish tint and the second one has whitish tint. you get a temp. brightening effect on the eye as you apply but both tints diminish eventually.

Hi, hopemelody, thanks for your reply.

Thanks for telling me that they diminish eventually, if not I will be wasting money on them...thanks a lot.

Quite sad...dont know what line of eye cream can help me????
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hanzawasama, I read in the Olay link http://www.olay.com/products/find.jsp?tag_type=product.type&tag=specialty.treatment&product.type=specialty.treatment

But, I could not find any eye product in the Complete line....I only manage to find the total effects and regeneralist one....
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:24 am      Reply with quote
hey sorry about that- I have the creme here now, it is called:Olay Total Effects with VitaNiacine.
If I recall correctly, it was about 20$ U.S.

The effect is very sublte- you can not see the creme after application. it is only lightly tinted and lightly reflective, but does have an instant brightening effect and nice sheen. It in no way would substitute for a concealer, though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
hanzawasama wrote:
hey sorry about that- I have the creme here now, it is called:Olay Total Effects with VitaNiacine.
If I recall correctly, it was about 20$ U.S.

The effect is very sublte- you can not see the creme after application. it is only lightly tinted and lightly reflective, but does have an instant brightening effect and nice sheen. It in no way would substitute for a concealer, though.

Hello, thanks for your reply, apprecaite.

Do you mean this one "Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream"?

Or "Age Defying Revitalizing Eye Gel" or " Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum"? Sorry, I am new to Olay product, never use this line before....

I know it is not subsitute of concelaer...

I am sorry to disturb you here...But, I really hope to know how is the appearance after putting on?

I tried Clarins Beauty Flash before, the promoter claims to be having light reflective effect, but I fail to see it...Just dont have much money to try on wrong product...

You said that we cant see the cream after putting on, so how we know that it has brightening effect and lightly reflective? I really didnt mean to insult, I just hope to understand, forgive me as I cant imagine how it will look like?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I was going to suggest La Prairie Caviar eye cream...very expensive but they have shimmer in it.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I only know and tried these 2 before..

La Prairie Caviar eye cream- the effect could be too loud, like eyeshadow.

Dermalogica total spf15 - a bit dry after apply.

Confused
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
handsbella-

I have used this one from olay(I believe this is the one that hanzawasama was referring to, see link below), its not sparkly at all, more like a very subtle shimmer. The "gleaming" effect it has really does instantly (somewhat) mask dark circles. You will most likely still need a concealer on top, overall its a good eye cream. I used it both day and night for best results.

http://www.olay.com/boutique/totaleffects/products/te1005

Here is another thread(DIY)you might find useful to diminish dark circles, it really works!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14446&highlight=gelatin
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I was going to suggest La Prairie Caviar eye cream...very expensive but they have shimmer in it.

Hi Skincare,thanks for your info..admire those with blue eyes, very attractive to me... Very Happy

Never heard this brand before, will google for it, but dont think I can afford it...
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
sab wrote:
I only know and tried these 2 before..

La Prairie Caviar eye cream- the effect could be too loud, like eyeshadow.

Dermalogica total spf15 - a bit dry after apply.

Confused

Hi, Sab, thanks for your post.

May I know? How your skin looks like after applying the Dermalogica total spf15? I mean does it diminish eventually too?
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
handsbella-

I have used this one from olay(I believe this is the one that hanzawasama was referring to, see link below), its not sparkly at all, more like a very subtle shimmer. The "gleaming" effect it has really does instantly (somewhat) mask dark circles. You will most likely still need a concealer on top, overall its a good eye cream. I used it both day and night for best results.

Here is another thread(DIY)you might find useful to diminish dark circles, it really works!

Hello, vonstella, thanks for your valuable information.

Hmmm...regarding the Olay one, do you mean the "gleaming" effect" is just like what we can see after we put moisturiser or night cream? Means the eye cream just disappear after it is absorbed? After the absorption, the skin will just return to its previous appearance? Is it?

Thanks for the DIy thread, I hope to try it out too...
But, first and foremost, hope to get an eye cream with light reflecting particles as soon as possible...
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I actually have the Olay Total Effect Eye Transforming cream. I used to use it at night and sometimes during the day. It does have a shimmer to it. After you apply it you can see it on your fingers, these gold little specks. I never really thought much of it and wondered why they had it.

Now that I think of it and it was brought up, I may use it again if I look a little tired around the eyes when I need a 'pick me up' around that area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
handsbella wrote:
vonstella wrote:
handsbella-

Hmmm...regarding the Olay one, do you mean the "gleaming" effect" is just like what we can see after we put moisturiser or night cream? Means the eye cream just disappear after it is absorbed? After the absorption, the skin will just return to its previous appearance? Is it?

But, first and foremost, hope to get an eye cream with light reflecting particles as soon as possible...

What I meant was that, yes it will add moisture and the light reflecters will sit on top
of the skin(they dont absorb). So it not a shiny look like its wet but more like a soft focus look where it has been applied. Hope that makes sense.

As far as the DIY thread goes, the results for that are instant even after the first use, if you do it everyday by the end of the week your circles should be really dramatically reduced! Its a great quick fix.
MystiKat

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Smile

YaY! I read here all the time but this is the first time that I sort of know an answer!

My suggestion is cosmetic counter retail, not any specialty product like most discussed here. BUT, I have thrown away almost all of my cosmetic counter products *except* this one. Actually a few of one.

Prescriptives Magic line!! There are several products in the line and they all have a holographic, light-reflecting quality, (but not *glittery*) but in different coverages. The caveat is there is not one that is labeled as an eye cream. The "Vibrant" "Vitamin-infusing lotion for dull, stressed skin" would probably come closest.

PX Magic in a compact- this is sold as a foundation but I use it only lightly around the orbital area under my makeup. I apply it with a smaller sable brush in several very light layers for a more natural look. This is the thickest, creamiest of the Magic line and would also be well suited as an under-eye concealer if patted on with a sponge or fingertips. You could wear this over your eyecream.

PX Magic liquid- the next lightest product. This can be used all over the face and a little goes a long way. It can be worn over or under makeup or alone. It is very moisturizing application,even a bit much for me because I tend to have oily skin. I blend a bit of it with my makeup foundation. It makes my face look bright and luminescent and the light-reflecting holograms minimize flaws. You could either blend this with your eye cream or apply over it.

PX Magic Potion- A much thinner, more transluscent version of the above, but still with plenty of brightening. I use this more often because it is not nearly as moisturizing (aka heavy for me).

PX liquid powder- Great stuff! It is an almost transluscent powder that is applied with a wide foundation brush. When the powder meets the skin there is a lovely cooling sensation as the powdwer turns to a liquid. This could be used as a very sheer foundation, but I just use it over my makeup to accentuate and highlight certain areas and diffuse light. Mostly that's around my eyes, the tops of the apples of my cheeks, a bit on the middle of my forehead and chin.

PX "Vibrant""Vitamin-infusing lotion for dull, stressed skin"- this is not technically in the Magic line but has the same illuminating effects. This is a medium to partly heavy moisturizer. It can be worn alone, under makeup or over,(lightly brushed or sponged on in target areas) Depending on your skin type, this might be your best bet to maybe dab on over your eye cream.

good luck!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
handsbella wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Hi Skincare,thanks for your info..admire those with blue eyes, very attractive to me... Very Happy

Never heard this brand before, will google for it, but dont think I can afford it...

haha Thanks Wink

It is very expensive and I thought it was not worth the money to buy eye cream that had makeup in it.
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
oooooo-PX MAgic. I forgot about Magic. Magic is awesome! The Perscriptives counter is pretty generous with the samples, too.
For the record, it was the Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming creme I was talking about. Sorry for confusing you, Hansbella.
I agree with ariesextreme, it is a nice creme and leaves a pleasant brightening shimmer, but it is a subtle effect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
I actually have the Olay Total Effect Eye Transforming cream. I used to use it at night and sometimes during the day. It does have a shimmer to it. After you apply it you can see it on your fingers, these gold little specks. I never really thought much of it and wondered why they had it.

Now that I think of it and it was brought up, I may use it again if I look a little tired around the eyes when I need a 'pick me up' around that area.

Hello, ariesxtreme, thanks for your post.

Feels like I should give it a try ... Smile
Hope it is sold in the local store here...
Wish us luck Very Happy
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
handsbella wrote:
vonstella wrote:
handsbella-

What I meant was that, yes it will add moisture and the light reflecters will sit on top
of the skin(they dont absorb). So it not a shiny look like its wet but more like a soft focus look where it has been applied. Hope that makes sense.

As far as the DIY thread goes, the results for that are instant even after the first use, if you do it everyday by the end of the week your circles should be really dramatically reduced! Its a great quick fix.

Hello, vonstella, thanks for not scolding me for asking too much here ... Smile

Sure I will get the gelatine powder today and will let you know after i have tried...

Hmm...may I know the original thread of the DIY gelatine? In case I have any enquiries, it's better to refer to the original thread rather than disturbing you here, right? Very Happy
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
MystiKat wrote:
Smile

YaY! I read here all the time but this is the first time that I sort of know an answer!

My suggestion is cosmetic counter retail, not any specialty product like most discussed here. BUT, I have thrown away almost all of my cosmetic counter products *except* this one. Actually a few of one.

Prescriptives Magic line!! There are several products in the line and they all have a holographic, light-reflecting quality, (but not *glittery*) but in different coverages. The caveat is there is not one that is labeled as an eye cream. The "Vibrant" "Vitamin-infusing lotion for dull, stressed skin" would probably come closest.

PX Magic in a compact- this is sold as a foundation but I use it only lightly around the orbital area under my makeup. I apply it with a smaller sable brush in several very light layers for a more natural look. This is the thickest, creamiest of the Magic line and would also be well suited as an under-eye concealer if patted on with a sponge or fingertips. You could wear this over your eyecream.

PX Magic liquid- the next lightest product. This can be used all over the face and a little goes a long way. It can be worn over or under makeup or alone. It is very moisturizing application,even a bit much for me because I tend to have oily skin. I blend a bit of it with my makeup foundation. It makes my face look bright and luminescent and the light-reflecting holograms minimize flaws. You could either blend this with your eye cream or apply over it.

PX Magic Potion- A much thinner, more transluscent version of the above, but still with plenty of brightening. I use this more often because it is not nearly as moisturizing (aka heavy for me).

PX liquid powder- Great stuff! It is an almost transluscent powder that is applied with a wide foundation brush. When the powder meets the skin there is a lovely cooling sensation as the powdwer turns to a liquid. This could be used as a very sheer foundation, but I just use it over my makeup to accentuate and highlight certain areas and diffuse light. Mostly that's around my eyes, the tops of the apples of my cheeks, a bit on the middle of my forehead and chin.

PX "Vibrant""Vitamin-infusing lotion for dull, stressed skin"- this is not technically in the Magic line but has the same illuminating effects. This is a medium to partly heavy moisturizer. It can be worn alone, under makeup or over,(lightly brushed or sponged on in target areas) Depending on your skin type, this might be your best bet to maybe dab on over your eye cream.

good luck!

Hello, MystiKat, thanks for your post and your patience to read this thread.

Thanks for the detailed information...But, I dont think I could find this brand in my area...There are so many products here...quite confuse for a newbie like me
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
handsbella wrote:
Skincare wrote:

haha Thanks Wink

It is very expensive and I thought it was not worth the money to buy eye cream that had makeup in it.

HI, Skincare, again thanks for your sincere advice.

I agree that it may not be worth to buy it if it has the same function with makeup...
handsbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
hanzawasama wrote:
oooooo-PX MAgic. I forgot about Magic. Magic is awesome! The Perscriptives counter is pretty generous with the samples, too.
For the record, it was the Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming creme I was talking about. Sorry for confusing you, Hansbella.
I agree with ariesextreme, it is a nice creme and leaves a pleasant brightening shimmer, but it is a subtle effect.

Hello, hanzawasama, again thanks for your post.

I thought Magic is a cosmetic but not a skincare line?
Thanks for your info about Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming creme, I will give it a try...

Keep my fingers crossed that it works for me too...
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
handsbella wrote:
In case I have any enquiries, it's better to refer to the original thread rather than disturbing you here, right? Very Happy

No, silly! Ask away! Thats what we are all here for, to share info and help each other! Very Happy

P.S. I add a 3 drops of honey to the mix to hydrate the eye area and keep the gelatine mix from getting too hard.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |