Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Question about Shiseido "facial cotton"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
This may be the most stupid question ever asked, but do you use it just like regular cotton pads? My mother gave me some that was in a gift set she got free w/ purchase, and neither one of us were sure what to do w/ it, other than use it to apply toners and remove make-up. It has special handling instructions!Does the type of cotton you use really make a difference? More importantly, does how I HOLD the cotton make a difference??? LOL I feel over my head on this one.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
My mom gets boxes of these all the time. I just use reg cotton swabs but have used these before. I actually like them and prefer them to the reg cotton swabs, they seem to be softer for some reason and the fibers seem finer. I mainly use it for my toners. She uses it to remove her nail polish. I just put swab against the open bottle of my toner, turn it upside down and then upright again and just apply the toner to the face..easy as 1-2-3.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use these now and love them! All the old cotton pads I used to buy always left bits of cotton all over my face ... I find these are much better quality. I cut mine in half though so they last longer and I find I only really need the half anyway.

I use them for eye makeup remover, toner, you name it. Basically anything you would use the other ones for you can use these for and I use them exactly the same way.

HTH!
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
This is the only type of cotton pad I use to remove eye makeup. It is the best and very soft. I got it from drugstore @ CND$8
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
have not tried shiseido.. must check them out.. I am addicted to the Silcot pads that have the soft cover and so they dont break up or leave bits on the face. Shiseido would have to be darned good to beat silcot. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
have not tried shiseido.. must check them out.. I am addicted to the Silcot pads that have the soft cover and so they dont break up or leave bits on the face. Shiseido would have to be darned good to beat silcot. Laughing

I used to use Shiseido but it's quite expensive + I find it DOES leave bits of cotton behind on my face because it doesn't have that layer of rayon or pressed cotton (or the "soft cover" you speak of on top). I now buy the silcot types you speak of and have been for a few yrs now (though not the same brand). Shiseido costs 8CAD for about 70(?) pieces and mine costs 1.99CAD for 90 pieces. I also have to mention I saw different types of Shiseido cotton which is sold in a box (instead of those damn cheap plastic square bags) which were 5CAD for 60 pieces and have that layer of rayon/pressed cotton on top. I saw them at the Japanese Supermarket and definitely different from the one sold in drugstores. I have an urge to give those a try but I still can't convince myself to splurge out the extra few dollars since I go through cotton pads quite quickly. By far the best I've found were these cotton pads sold at the local 2$ store (which is a replica of a Japanese 100 yen store) for 60 pieces. They were thicker than normal silcot pads and the sides were sealed completely so bits of don't break off the end trims. The surface area is larger as well and were also softer and actually spread my toner better on my face. But like I said I go through them quickly so I'll stick with my 1.99 90 pieces, which is already superb quality imo.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |