Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Candessence DMAE!!!! RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ok ladies, I am starting a whole new thread, the other threads gotten a wee bit out of hand. Candy's dmae is great, sinks right in, no balling up at all, and tightens and firms the skin!! My skins also alot softer and ALOT FIRMER!!
I first used skinactives 4% dmae serum, but had horrible problems with not being able to put my makeup on, due to it leaving a film on my face. I'd literally have to rub it off before I could apply makeup. Not to mention, it stopped my creams from absorbing as well.

So I bought Candy's 6% (also comes in a 4%) dmae serum, and was expecting the same problems with a film being left on my face, boy was I nicely surprised, after a few weeks of use this still sinks right in and after rubbing on my lips, my lips are even plumper, with the lip line being alot firmer!!
www.candessence.com
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
You so just sold me. i'm ordering right now. Thanks. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Amen to everything you said, MelissaMarie! I loooove the Candessence 4%, but think I will step it up to the 6% next time!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the 4%. As I've said on other boards I have the Jan Marini Transformational Serum with DMAE & really like it. I can't find the strength of DMAE in J.M. & this one was cheaper. I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll post again when it comes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
I bought the 4%. As I've said on other boards I have the Jan Marini Transformational Serum with DMAE & really like it. I can't find the strength of DMAE in J.M. & this one was cheaper. I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll post again when it comes.

let us know, I love mine!!!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
um, stupid question.. what exactly is in a DMAE serum? (besides DMAE Laughing)

5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Love my samples of Vit C and DMAE.They are actually a good 2 weeks worth so you can tell real results. I will definately be ordering the full bottles. Candy is the best!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiger Tim. I can only give a layperson's explanation of what DMAE is. It stands for dimenthlthanolamine, alao called dimethylethanolamine. It's a relatively new find in the skincare world that claims to increase skin firmness. I'd heard about it in the news a couple years ago & researched it online. There's a pretty good article onwww.smartskin.com . I originally purchased a concontion my UCLA dermatologist had of it and was pleased. Since coming to EDS, I've found great advice as to places that had it cheaper which is a huge reason I ordered from Candessence (sp?). Hope this helps a bit! Coleen

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Dmae isnt that new actually, its the new buzz tho, Gayle Hayman used this in a cream way before Periccone did. It is naturally found in our bodies but as we age, it decreases. It helps the skin with mositure as well as help with lifting, firming. The problem I've found in using this is finding a high enough percent in the commercial products, there just too low, to really do any good. I truely think thats due to cost and some are sensitive to any active, therefore, they'd return it, so they make this stuff for ALL, when its nowhere near the studied percents.
Hope that helps...
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
oh. OK, DMAE is in the cream I am using now! Laughing silly me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I also have Candessence DMAE 6%.I am also using IS clinical Super Serum. Can I use both together? just wondering.

I too have learned so much from this board.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
TameraT wrote:
I also have Candessence DMAE 6%.I am also using IS clinical Super Serum. Can I use both together? just wondering.

I too have learned so much from this board.

I can't see any reason you couldn't use these one after the other, maybe just wait a few seconds for one to absorb then do the other. Thats how I always do serums when I do them. Some also just use dmae in the morning, since it firms, but I use it twice a day!!
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Thank you MelissaMarie.

I thought that is what I read up in the earlier posts, but I wanted to be sure.

That is a great idea to use the DMAE in the AM. I've been doing it at night.

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
TameraT wrote:
Thank you MelissaMarie.

Thanks.

Hmmm...I've been doing DMAE at night, too! But that does make more sense to use it in the morning since it firms...good call, Melissa!!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
TameraT wrote:
Thank you MelissaMarie.

Thanks.

Hmmm...I've been doing DMAE at night, too! But that does make more sense to use it in the morning since it firms...good call, Melissa!!

well being greedy, I love going to bed looking all firm and great too!!! Hince I do it morning and nite!! Plus the benefit is its cumulative.

Mary Very Happy
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:18 am      Reply with quote
i love all of the Candessence stuff and am definitely interested in this. but, i just have to ask, is anyone using this that is acne prone?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Melissa! I got my Candessence order yesterday. What great service! I'm looking forward to incorporating the DMAE into my routine. Thanks for the recommendation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i love all of the Candessence stuff and am definitely interested in this. but, i just have to ask, is anyone using this that is acne prone?

Yup...that would be me! My face is oily, so I'm not a fan of thick, heavy products...this serum is nice and light and doesn't cause me to break out at all!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Yup...that would be me! My face is oily, so I'm not a fan of thick, heavy products...this serum is nice and light and doesn't cause me to break out at all!

thank you, Mary, that's the answer i was hoping for! Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
TameraT wrote:
Thank you MelissaMarie.

Thanks.

well being greedy, I love going to bed looking all firm and great too!!! Hince I do it morning and nite!! Plus the benefit is its cumulative.

Mary Very Happy

boy I screwed this up....the part about being greedy is me not part of Mary's quote...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Candy's DMAE Serum at 6% for only three day. At this point I can't give a complete review. This is what I can tell you: It sinks right in, does not ball up after applying other creams or makeup. After the serum sinks in I noted an immediate firming and plumping of the skin. I am anxious to see the long term results. After my surgery I was looking drawn and saggy. Candy came to the rescue.

I have used another DMAE Serum in the past. However, the brand I used never gave a percentage. I like the idea that I know the strength I am using. Thanks Candy Very Happy Very Happy
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I can't quit bragging on the products from Candessence! I've been using her DMAE (2 versions of it)since July. IMO this is the finest skin care product I've ever tried. I also have oily skin & have tried many products I just can't use. This DMAE absorbs easily into my skin. I'm ready to apply Vit C (also from Candy) in less than the time it takes to drink 1/2 cup of coffee. The results on my skin is awesome. My eyes are not sunken in to my cheeks anymore. My wrinkles are plumped out now to where my overall facial appearance looks younger than before I started. It's also worked wonders on my aging, abused neck. The DMAE definitely has a cumulative effect, so keep using it. I'm thrilled with all her skin care products but I love her DMAE. Cool
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
I can't quit bragging on the products from Candessence! I've been using her DMAE (2 versions of it)since July. IMO this is the finest skin care product I've ever tried. I also have oily skin & have tried many products I just can't use. This DMAE absorbs easily into my skin. I'm ready to apply Vit C (also from Candy) in less than the time it takes to drink 1/2 cup of coffee. The results on my skin is awesome. My eyes are not sunken in to my cheeks anymore. My wrinkles are plumped out now to where my overall facial appearance looks younger than before I started. It's also worked wonders on my aging, abused neck. The DMAE definitely has a cumulative effect, so keep using it. I'm thrilled with all her skin care products but I love her DMAE. Cool

I am so relieved I am not alone and crazy!!! I've used a ton of high end to low end stuff, and this stuff is amazing!!! After weeks of use this still performs, you know how sometimes 3 weeks in and the results vanish and the product stops working, not this!!! Also use on ur necks ladies, its great!!!
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
so how do you think it works on sensitive/dry skin/normal. I don't have oily skin, and through diligent care have managed to go from deeply dehydrated and very sensitive skin to what I think is more normal/combo...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
TameraT wrote:
Thank you MelissaMarie.

Thanks.

Mary Very Happy

boy I screwed this up....the part about being greedy is me not part of Mary's quote...

LOL, MelissaMarie! Laughing Actually, the "greedy" part SHOULD have been part of my quote! I mean, why not have firm and fabulous skin 'round the clock? You've convinced me...now I'll have to start doing it a.m. and p.m.!

Mary Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |