Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candessence DMAE!!!! RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi debbied - I started a thread on the Skin Care & Makeup forum asking for feedback on Candessence CE+Ferulic. If this is the type of Vit.C you're using, I'd like to hear more about it -- but I don't want to hijack this thread about Candy's DMAE!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey Ruth,
My skins dry/normal, rarely sensitive tho, but I am not hearing alot about people being bothered by this at all. You might want to start with the 4%, since your sensitive at times. It def helps hydrate some, since thats part of dmae's role in our own bodies, we just lose it drasticly as we age. It is great within a short period of time, but as time goes by it just gets better. Hope that helped ya.
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Question for those of you who have the Candessense 6% DMAE. I recently purchased this product from Candessence's website. On the website, it's described as being packaged in...

Quote:
Easy pump-style dispensing.

But the bottle I received is a flip-top cap. Given the serum's watery consistency, there's is no way to dispense a few drops from such a bottle unless I decant some into a container with either a pump dispenser or an eyedrop-type dispenser. Since I haven't done that yet, I'm not using the product because the only way to dispense from a flip-type cap is to end up with about ten times more product than you want or need as it flows freely from the wide-mouthed flip-top into your hand.

According to the ingredients listed on the website, the product contains:

Quote:
Aloe Vera Juice, Distilled Water, Marine Extract, DMAE & Hyaluronic Acid.

The product I received has a definite floral scent. It smells nothing like aloe vera. And certainly smells nothing like the "fishy" smell of the other Marine Extract-containing DMAE products I've tried. Definitely it's a floral scent. I have very sensitive skin and avoid any fragrance ingredients, which is another reason I've been reluctant to use the product I received. What is in it that is making it smell like flowers rather than fish?

Since the product I received is packaged in a different container than the one described on the website, and since it doesn't have the distinctive amine DMAE scent, I'm wondering if I've received the wrong product? The label clearly informs me that it's 6% DMAE serum. But the packaging and the floral fragrance argue otherwise.

Is what I'm describing here different than what you guys received from Candessence?

Thanks in advance for any info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mines in a pump style bottle, with slight scent, def not fishy, but a rather nice scent, maybe thats the marine part of the mixture. My dmae is not thick, its more runny, and IT WORKS GREAT. And I def do not smell roses either.

I do have some products with same consistency in flip top bottles and its really not that hard to tilt a little bit out, at least on the flip tops I have.
lonevoice
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, MelissaMarie. What you're describing, other than the runny consistency, is definitely not what I have received. I think it must be mislabeled, and I have no idea what it is. I guess I need to contact Candessence then.

I have tried tipping the bottle very very slightly to dispense just a litle product, but the flip-top cap opening is just to wide. The smallest amount I can manage is about the size of a silver dollar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
yea I'd def email her, I am sure she'll let yano. But mine is runny, and scented, just not super flower or fishy..
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
lonevoice wrote:
Thanks, MelissaMarie. What you're describing, other than the runny consistency, is definitely not what I have received. I think it must be mislabeled, and I have no idea what it is. I guess I need to contact Candessence then.

I have tried tipping the bottle very very slightly to dispense just a litle product, but the flip-top cap opening is just to wide. The smallest amount I can manage is about the size of a silver dollar.

I've never heard of such a flip top where that much comes out, I just emailed Candy myself, and she doesn't even carry that bottle for any purpose. She says she never packages anything in a flip top nor does she even own them to package in...so I am confused. She also said she'd work with you to correct this, even tho, sounds like its not her bottle.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
lonevoice wrote:

I've never heard of such a flip top where that much comes out, I just emailed Candy myself, and she doesn't even carry that bottle for any purpose. She says she never packages anything in a flip top nor does she even own them to package in...so I am confused. She also said she'd work with you to correct this, even tho, sounds like its not her bottle.

I can second all that MelissaMarie said. I, too have purchsed the Candessence DMAE, and it did not have a huge "floral" scent, nor did it come in a flip-top bottle (I've never received any of her products in that kind of packaging). Confused Like MM said, Candy is wonderful and will do whatever she can to work it out with you, but it really doesn't sound like this is her product...

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have been contacted by Candy and it looks like we'll figure it out and she'll take care of it. I sent her the link to the paypal invoice that verifies the purchase of Candessence DMAE 6%. I'm holding the bottle in my hand at this very moment, and I can assure you it is labeled "Candessence DMAE Serum 6% Concentration" and that it came to me directly from Candessence just as I described. A flip-top cap and a strong floral scent.

I definitely appreciate you guys letting me know this isn't what it's supposed to look like or smell like. who knows what went wrong, but Candy will take care of it.

Thanks, all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe another one of her products was accidentally mislabeled with the DMAE label?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Got to love great customer service!!
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I received my Candesence 6% DMAE about 1 week ago. The bottle I have is a pump style, and very runny.

It definitly don't smell fishy, it smells more like floral. It's a nice smell.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Got to love great customer service!!

I sure do, MelissaMarie. Candy sent out a new bottle today, along with a return envelope for me to send this bottle back to her. I'm very impressed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I have been using Candy's DMAE Serum at 6% for only three day. At this point I can't give a complete review. This is what I can tell you: It sinks right in, does not ball up after applying other creams or makeup. After the serum sinks in I noted an immediate firming and plumping of the skin. I am anxious to see the long term results. After my surgery I was looking drawn and saggy. Candy came to the rescue.

I have used another DMAE Serum in the past. However, the brand I used never gave a percentage. I like the idea that I know the strength I am using. Thanks Candy Very Happy Very Happy

I am back 6 days later to tell you I am loving Candy's DMAE 6%. I swear I aged 10 years over the past few months. Anxious about surgery and now dealing with pain has done a number on me. I am using the Baby Q and after applying DMAE and a moisturizer of my choice (using several now) I can see a feel more firmness after applying DMAE vs when I don't. Thanks Candy Very Happy. I am anxious to try Candy's Vit. C but want to use up a few C's I have now first.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry if this is a silly question but when is it most appropriate during your skincare routine would you apply the serum? Or it doesn't matter? I want to get this for my mom.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I apply DMAE prior to any creams or lotions. As DMAE is a liquid it sinks right into your skin and will not interfere with your other products. It is my understanding that if you apply liquid/gels over creams they will not penetrate the skin.

Candy, do you have any special instructions?
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanx Melissa Very Happy

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Winnie. Very Happy
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
The general rule to skincare is always, serums, serum creams, then creams. So basicly thinnest to thickest would be the order. If all ur serums are runny then order doesn't matter, if some are runnier than others, do those first. Hope that helps.

Melissa
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked and there is no DMAE serum on her website anymore. What happened?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I just looked and there is no DMAE serum on her website anymore. What happened?

Just email her, if its not under the skincare section.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I worried that Candy had sold out--but she sent me a PM saying that she is just updating her website.
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Priscilla wrote:
I worried that Candy had sold out--but she sent me a PM saying that she is just updating her website.
priscilla

I am surprised she hasn't run out with all the pm's I've been getting over it. At least now some other ladies can pipe in on how great this stuff is, and how economical as well..I just ordered bath stuff for my sisters bdays!! Can't wait to try it myself, the reviews of these products are great as well.
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I love the Candessence DMAE 6%.
I use it in the morning, right before I put on makeup.

I like it very much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I've just used this for the first time this morning too. Brilliant so far. Sinks in beautifully.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |