Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Candessence DMAE!!!! RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I want to update, I think I've been using this for a good month and half, maybe a bit less, not quiet sure, but I want to stress this is not only nice from the get go, but cummulative. The firming I am now getting is FAB!! I can actually feel it, even stronger. So ladies, if you try this, stay with it, it just gets better. I've added her C,E & ferlic to the mix and my face is very firm, and the C mix is adding a radiance that def was not there before.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Another week has gone by using DMAE 6%. This is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! Loving it around the eye area. I have used many products with DMAE and DMAE on its own. Candessence is by far the best I have used. Dancing Dancing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered this a day or so ago and look forward to receiving it. When I ordered she didn't have the C product listed. Anyone know what that is?
Anita Kalinowski
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked Candy's site and vit.c serum is available. Of course I've ordered it and can't wait to try it.
Now, with all the rave about her DMAE serum, seems like I should go back and put yet another order in.
I'll have to wait (sigh), hopefully not too long...Love EDS forum but since I've discovered it my budget shrinks more and more.
Will it ever stop?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I ordered this a day or so ago and look forward to receiving it. When I ordered she didn't have the C product listed. Anyone know what that is?

I've been using her C for about a weekish..and its great, potent yet not painfully so. Skinceuticals has a $125 an ounce product that matches the amounts of this c, e and feurlic acid, which is why I gave Candy's a whirl, $90.00 savings makes me happy, and its good! It comes in a dark pump bottle, its runny and sinks right in, very little if any wait time and best of all no balling up. I layer my serums from her, dmae, C, and HA..and still no balling up or build-up. Hope that helped with ur question.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Anita Kalinowski wrote:
I just checked Candy's site and vit.c serum is available. Of course I've ordered it and can't wait to try it.
Now, with all the rave about her DMAE serum, seems like I should go back and put yet another order in.
I'll have to wait (sigh), hopefully not too long...Love EDS forum but since I've discovered it my budget shrinks more and more.
Will it ever stop?

Yes, I saw it too. Candy has totally revamped her website. I've ordered her DMAE and the Eye'll be Seeing You. Can't wait for it to arrive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhh site revamp! Very Happy Going to have to check it out now.

This thread is such a bad lemming enabler Laughing
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
A question for all of you experienced Candessence product users: If I use the DMAE and HA do I also need a moisturiser on top?

Thnax a lot

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
reignofterra
5% products discount

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I just placed an order through Candy's website for samples of all of her potions, and can't wait to try them! Very Happy

I've got a question that might be pretty silly, but with 6% DMAE available, why would you choose the 4%? Can DMAE be irritating when it's in higher concentrations?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
reignofterra wrote:
I just placed an order through Candy's website for samples of all of her potions, and can't wait to try them! Very Happy

I've got a question that might be pretty silly, but with 6% DMAE available, why would you choose the 4%? Can DMAE be irritating when it's in higher concentrations?

Some with very very sensitive skin need to build up to a higher percent. I've personally never had an issue at all with dmae, a few do, hince the two percents.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I can easily use 6%-I think most can but the 4% is great to use around the eye area-at least when you're starting out. I got the 6% and a sample of the 4%(which will last a while since it's just for the eyes).
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I've never used DMAE before, but I'm planning to order the 6%, as I know my skin doesn't tend to be sensitive or reactive. I also jumped straight into 20% vitamin c serums first time I tried them, so I think I'm pretty safe.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Love Candessence products - 6% DMAE is superb. Sinks right in, no irritation, no dryness, just right.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the DMAE 6% serum for about a week+ now. My undereye area looks a bit less crepy when i smile now.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:
A question for all of you experienced Candessence product users: If I use the DMAE and HA do I also need a moisturiser on top?

Thnax a lot

lilome, it depends on your skin. HA draws moisture to the skin. But, if your skin is drier or you're in a dry environment, you may need more moisture. When using HA, it's best to use an oil-free moisturizer, if possible.

Hope this helps.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:

Thnax a lot

You have to try and see for yourself. I use DMAE, then a mixture of Emu Oil + Red Rasp. seed oil +jojoba + hazelnut Oil plus some HA.
I have combo towards oily skin.

HTH,
Lucy.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Therapy's C-Lipoic Antioxidant Serum with DMAE Complex is by far the most impressive skin care product I have ever used. Within 2 days of using it, I saw a difference in my skin: firmer, clearer, brighter, and lines diminished almost completely. This serum contains 3-5% DMAE, 9% Vitamin C, and 2% Alpha-Lipoic Acid. The ingredients are: Deionized water, ascorbyl palmitate, DMAE complex, alpha lipoic acid, Marine Enzyme(MDI Complex), co-enzyme Q10,butylene glycol, glcerin, hyaluronic acid, sorbitol, green tea extract. It doesn't have any fragrance, which is key to me. It stings slightly when first applied, but the skin responds quickly. Check this stuff out!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
skincarenut wrote:
Skin Therapy's C-Lipoic Antioxidant Serum with DMAE Complex is by far the most impressive skin care product I have ever used. Within 2 days of using it, I saw a difference in my skin: firmer, clearer, brighter, and lines diminished almost completely. This serum contains 3-5% DMAE, 9% Vitamin C, and 2% Alpha-Lipoic Acid. The ingredients are: Deionized water, ascorbyl palmitate, DMAE complex, alpha lipoic acid, Marine Enzyme(MDI Complex), co-enzyme Q10,butylene glycol, glcerin, hyaluronic acid, sorbitol, green tea extract. It doesn't have any fragrance, which is key to me. It stings slightly when first applied, but the skin responds quickly. Check this stuff out!

so glad you found a product u like, why not start ITS OWN POST!! this post is for a completely different dmae!!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
DOWN, GIRL !!!

Wink
mcwccj
5% products discount

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,

I've used another brand of DMAE and I'd used it around my eyes and my entire face. The effect was quite ugly as my dark circle was much darker and my skin around my eyes were very dry. So much so that I have deep wrinkles and what looked like chicken skin!

I did use eye cream after DMAE. Does any of you have that experience with Candessence DMAE?

Thanks!
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responds, girls. I guess I'll just need to check for myself, see what works best. This product does sound promising, though.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:32 am      Reply with quote
lilome, i think you're gonna love it but it's always best to try it for yourself & make sure. I doubt you'll notice visible results w/a sample size, but you will see how your skin reacts to the product. (Oops, forgot we're talking Candessence...her samples tend to be huge). Good luck & post your findings pls!
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Debbied.

Actually, I haven't just ordered the samples.
Some of you people's reviews were so enthusiastic that I took advantage of the December special quad! (Although I do hope that Candy will be inclined to include some samples).

Unfortunately, it will be a while before I receive anything, since I live overseas and my order will only be processed after the 27th.
I will keep you posted.

skincarenut

Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
[quote="MelissaMarie"][quote="skincarenut"]Skin Therapy's C-Lipoic Antioxidant Serum with DMAE Complex is by far the most impressive skin care product I have ever used. Within 2 days of using it, I saw a difference in my skin: firmer, clearer, brighter, and lines diminished almost completely. This serum contains 3-5% DMAE, 9% Vitamin C, and 2% Alpha-Lipoic Acid. The ingredients are: Deionized water, ascorbyl palmitate, DMAE complex, alpha lipoic acid, Marine Enzyme(MDI Complex), co-enzyme Q10,butylene glycol, glcerin, hyaluronic acid, sorbitol, green tea extract. It doesn't have any fragrance, which is key to me. It stings slightly when first applied, but the skin responds quickly. Check this stuff out![/quote]

so glad you found a product u like, why not start ITS OWN POST!! this post is for a completely different dmae!!![/quote]

Sorry! I did start a new post with this message. I'll know better for next time!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Another product to try!
Thanks for the review.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |