Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Swiss Line by Dermalab
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I saw this and tried some on my hand and I could not get over the fact that my skin felt very firm/tight feeling. I would even think about it for days!

Here is the ingredients of Cell Shock - Very Rich Cream:

acqua (water)
caprylic/capric triglyceride
PEG-30
dipolyhydroxystearate
paraffin wax/microcystaline
tribehenin
magnesium stearate
citrus nobilis (mandarin orange)fruit extract
prunus ameniaca (apricot) fruit extract
prunus persica (peach) fruit extract
spent grain wax
arganid spenosa kernal oil
phenoryethanol
ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate
butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract
magnesuim sulfate
vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil
parafum (fragrance)
lactose
hydrolysed soy protein
methylparaben
tocopheryl acetate
disodium EDTA
butyl methoxydibenzoyleme-thane
retinyl palmitate
hydrolyzed wheat gluten
ceratonia silqua gum
butylparaben
cellulose
ethylparaben
helianthus annuus (sunflower)seed oil
PEG-8
isobutylaraben
propylparaben
cheorheridine digluconate
tocopherol
hydroxpropyl methylcellulose
xanthan gum
BHT
ascorbyl palmitate
ascorbic acid
citric acid
cl 77289/chromium hydrori de green
cl 19140/yellow5
cl 17200/red33

After typing this, I realized that this may have a lot of wax clogging ingredients! Can anyone tell?
I have to admit that it felt really nice on my skin. Also, I remember reading somewhere that if there is too many ingredients, it may not be a good product. What do you think?

There is not much of a scent but I thought I detected a citris scent.

Here is the web-site attachment.
http://www.swissline.net/

Again, I hope to get TheresaL review! Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
holy-melt-my-face-off-Batman!!

That is SOME list of ingredients.. look how high on the list the paraben is.. yikes Shock Let me guess, expensive?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Overall, yes the line is expensive. I don't know the price of this one. But I think it is cheaper then Cellcosmet.

What is paraben?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
parabens are preservatives and there is a lot of debate over the problems they cause.

IMO to have FOUR different parabens (and so high up the list) is terrible, just over the top. If a product has one or even two parabens (methylparaben I think is the "best" of the bunch Laughing) it is fine, especially if they are right at the end of the ingredients list. The higher up the list the ingredient, the higher the amount of it is in the product.

If the quantity is small the parabens dont really penetrate the skin's dermal layer (OK, terminology getting a bit technical for moi), but I have read in the past that if the quantity is high then it can penetrate into the skin and that is what you do not want.

I try to only get products with minimal parabens in them (like PSF) or even none, but I have broken that rule on occasion - however inevitably I end up not finishing the product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
What about the other moisterizers? Are they any good? I don't have a better list of ingredients.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Skincare when you asked me to look at this line in a PM it looked like it might be a good line but after seeing the full ingredient list I am not so sure. I agree with tiger_tim about the parabens (5 parabens and BHT!!!), they are way too high on the list for me to be comfortable with this product. It also contains avobenzone and EMC but doesn't list the amount so you have no idea how much UVB/UVA protection this offers. Personally I don't use products with avobenzone on my face since they irritate my skin. I honestly don't know if the waxs and gums would cause clogged pores. My understanding is that they are not comedogenic but I could be wrong. However, the shea butter may or may not be a problem depending how your skin reacts to it.

This product contains Pentacare-Na which is supposed to have firming effects. STIMU-TEX AS which is supposed to be beneficial for treating dry, itchy or irritated skin. It also has Vitamin E and Vitamin A. At least some of the E is the proper form for antioxidant protection while the A is not the retinol form but the moisturizing form. Check out this link for a list of the key ingredients and what they are supposed to do http://www.swissline.net/index.php?f=collection&task=details&id=1141&p=cs&s=ft.

Personally I would not use this since it has too many chemicals. My opinion is that while this product contains some trademarked ingredients like the Pentacare overall the ingredients strike me as being inexpensive chemical based ingredeints. This cream sells for $145 USD for 50 ml. IMO you can find something better for that price!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like it is always safer to stick with a Dermotologist skincare line compared to these.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |