Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Need help for blackheads-Am I alone on this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!
I asked for your help some time ago with blackheads.Ive tried I feel everything-masks,cleansers,serums and they just wont budge! Why do I have to live with this "problem",isnt there a simple solution?And how long is it going to take?They have actually spread to my cheeks and forehead and they used to be just on my nose Sad
Ive had this problem since I were a teenager,now 25 and Im sick and tired.I cant seem to find out wich skintype I am either.Blackheads on nose (alot!),forehead and chin,rarely pimples-maybe a hormonal breakout sometimes.I dont feel oily and I only flake when ive used alot of drying products.I have normal skin on my cheeks.So I have neither oily or normal skin have I.Then what?
Sorry for all this whining,im just at the end of my rope here.

Ive used these products:

DrH Cleansing cream
Decleor Cleansing gel for oily/combination
Ylang oil
2% beta hydroxy acid
Juice Beauty cleanser
DrH mud mask,rejuvenating mask,DrH facial steam
Drh normalizing oil

Not all at the same time ofcourse but over a period of 3 months.

Last time I posted this I got advice on Is Clinical-I cant order this because I live in Norway.

So any advice?I would be forever greatful.
Smile
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pouty Puppy. Well, I see two things missing from your list. How about a toner or moisturizer? I like a toner with Witch Hazel to help with pore size. And never under estimate the power of a good moisturizer. Right now I like PSF Perfecting Day lotion. Also, I think some sort of peel would probably benefit you.

Good luck!
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Violetanne! Sorry I forgot to write that ive used Drh moisturizer and Dr H toner-so ive had no luck with that either Im afraid:)Thank you so much for your suggestion!! Smile
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pouty Puppy,
I don't really like to give advise when I too am in the experimenting stages, but I am using MD Formulations skincare and slowly but surely, I am begining to see results. I have very oily skin and tend to be plagued with whiteheads more than blackheads, but I believe that using the MD Formulations Cleanser with glycolic acid helps to speed skin renewal and so slouches off dead skin cells. Maybe you could try this followed with a clay mask. HTH

5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
How about the aspirin mask? Its cheap,easy and really helps to thighten pores.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Liss wrote:
How about the aspirin mask? Its cheap,easy and really helps to thighten pores.

I second this and HIGHLY recommend it. I used it for the first time today....WOW, what a difference! I also added 1 drop of honey and 1 drop of aloe gel to mine. Very Happy
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I have a few blackheads on my nose, on the bridge of my nose and on the inner side of my cheeks, but they've slowly seem to be going away.

I use the homemade version of Dr. H cream, ACV toner and I think those two have REALLY done most of the job. Other things which I believe helped is the Mandelic Acid, Green Cream .06%. Other things I use are a Vit C serum, emu oil+HA for a moisturizer and CP serum, but I don't think these do the job for the blackheads.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

Ive tried the aspirin mask 2 times and they seem smaller but who knows if its the mask that makes a difference.Maybe if I use a mask twice a week instead of just one?
How long does it take too see results if something is working?Is it always a month?
I wish I knew a dermatologist:)
Thanks for the suggestions people,I appreciate it.Please keep them coming Wink
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
What about other products you're using on your face? Any foundation, etc? Sometimes these can cause blackheads, and if you are, maybe you could try another brand? Make sure the products you are using aren't drying your face out, which in turn may cause it to create more oil. I have suffered from blackheads, and although they have diminished, I still have some around my nose and the odd one on my chin. Things that helped me were gentle exfoliation (I use the Clarisonic brush nearly every day), I also use ISC Super Serum and the Active. I know you said you can't purchase those where you are, but maybe someone can suggest an alternate? I think those have made a big difference. And changing up my moisturizer (currently Aloette) I believe has helped as well. I went through alot of products to find something that finally seems to be helping me.

Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be.
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Moonstarr!I dont use any make-up during the day so it cant be that.Maybe I just have to save up some money and see a dermatologist.
Thank God I dont have bigger problems huh? Very Happy
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Pouty Puppy wrote:
Hi guys

Ive tried the aspirin mask 2 times and they seem smaller but who knows if its the mask that makes a difference.Maybe if I use a mask twice a week instead of just one?
How long does it take too see results if something is working?Is it always a month?
I wish I knew a dermatologist:)
Thanks for the suggestions people,I appreciate it.Please keep them coming Wink

i am quite interested in aspirin mask, but where to get it? BTW, I'm in Canada.
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
What's an aspirin mask? Sounds like it does wonders!

For me the I use Retin A cream to treat both breakouts and blackheads (on my nose, and a few on my cheeks and occasionally foreheads). It doesn't really give me any 'immediate' results, but beats getting the irratation from squeezing those damn things out or use those nose strips (ouch). What I think Retin A did for me is that it sort of stops the blackheads from more clogging and eventually the stuff inside gets dry enough that I can easily pop it out with my finger tips (not nails!)...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi PoutyPuppy, I had a problem similar to yours - loads of clogged pores/blackheads on my nose and enlarged/clogged pores in the remaining part of my T-zone, including the area on my cheeks near my nose. I've been using my Clarisonic brush for about 2 or 3 weeks now, usually twice a day, on the low setting with the sensitive brush.

I go over my entire face with it, then go back and pay special attention to my T-zone. It hasn't been a miracle, but I have to say that the pores in my T-zone have gotten a lot smaller and the blackheads on my nose are reducing in number and the pores on my nose are getting smaller. Some girls reported miraculous, first-time-use results with the Clarisonic, but mine have taken about 2 or 3 weeks but I'm sure the results will just keep improving over time.

There's a thread here that discusses Mandelic Acid as something to clean out pores - search for the thread and browse through it. That will probably be my next purchase because I've heard such great things about how it degunks pores.

Also, I was using a powder foundation that I KNOW for a fact had something in it that enlarged the pores in my T-zone because they were never that big until after I started using products like MAC StudioFix and Sorme Believable Finish. I've now switched over to MMU (using Alima) and I think its better for keeping pores unclogged. However, before using the Clarisonic, the MMU accentuated my large pores, but now that's no longer a problem.
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks MermaidGirl and sweetTreat!Is Retin A cream a moisturizer?And MermaidG,do you use the clarisonic cleanser with that brush?

Im definately trying the mandelic acid now and Im thinking about purchasing something with glycolic acid or whats it called in it.

Thanks alot you guys!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Pouty Puppy wrote:
Thanks MermaidGirl and sweetTreat!Is Retin A cream a moisturizer?And MermaidG,do you use the clarisonic cleanser with that brush?

Im definately trying the mandelic acid now and Im thinking about purchasing something with glycolic acid or whats it called in it.

Thanks alot you guys!

Hi Puppy! BTW, is that your picture in the EDS Lounge under the thread "This is so cute!"?! Laughing Sure looks like it could be!

I used to use the Clarisonic cleanser that came with the brush, but its a tiny bit on the pricey side for something I'm not sure I really liked. If I thought it was fabulous, I'd pay a lot more for it, I just wasn't too impressed. I like the IDEA of it - a non-foaming, gel cleanser, but I've never tried it for removing makeup. I have used it first thing in the morning, and after removing my makeup with a cleansing milk. Its not bad, I'm just not overly impressed with it.

Right now I'm using up my sample of PSF's Papaya Gel cleanser. Its a water-activated foaming cleanser, and I don't like to use suds on my face even though I'm sure this one doesn't strip the skin. It foams up quite a bit with the Clarisonic. Again, I'm using it after removing my makeup with a cleansing milk (a sample of PSF's Green Tea Facial Cleanser, which I'm also not very impressed with and will probably not purchase).

Let us know how the Mandelic Acid and/or Retin-A work for you.
Pouty Puppy
5% products discount

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:50 am      Reply with quote
MermaidG:
That is a REAL pouty puppy:)Cute!

So I take it you are not impressed with alot of products?I am the same-I LIKE them but im not yet impressed by anything.Frustrating huh?

Im going to buy the mandelic when I get my paycheck next month and maybe the Retin A.Ill post a rewiew on it.

Thanks for replying again:)
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl,

Could you tell me more about PSF's Green Tea Facial Cleanser and what you didn't like?

I was thinking of getting it but not sure how good it is.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
sweetreat wrote:
What's an aspirin mask? Sounds like it does wonders!

For me the I use Retin A cream to treat both breakouts and blackheads (on my nose, and a few on my cheeks and occasionally foreheads). It doesn't really give me any 'immediate' results, but beats getting the irratation from squeezing those damn things out or use those nose strips (ouch). What I think Retin A did for me is that it sort of stops the blackheads from more clogging and eventually the stuff inside gets dry enough that I can easily pop it out with my finger tips (not nails!)...

The Aspirin mask is just...well aspirin! Laughing
You just get aspirin that is uncoated and add a few drops of water to it so that the aspirin dissolves(I also add 2 drops of honey and a drop of aloe to mine), make a paste and apply to your face for about 20 mins. Then you want to get your hands wet and dampen your face and gently exfoliate the mask off. It works because it has salicylic acid in it which cleans out pores and removes dead skin. Easy and cheap. Very Happy
I also use Retin-A at night and havent had any problems with irritation. HTH!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
The aspirin mask I use (about twice a month) is also very simple: 1 tablespoon plain yogurt with 3 crushed aspirin tablets. This gives the benefits of both salicylic acid and lactic acid. The yogurt has to be plain unflavored yogurt. Leave it on only for a maximum of 10 minutes the first time you use it.

Another thing you might want to try is a spa-type exfoliation cloth. The thing is these are tricky little devils. They are sooo soft that it's easy to over-do. You have to be extremely gentle in using them. If you rub too hard you'll end up with a major peel. But, if you follow directions you'll be very pleased with the results-gentle exfoliation with baby soft skin and fewer clogged pores each time.

Hope this helps.
Ari
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:

Another thing you might want to try is a spa-type exfoliation cloth. The thing is these are tricky little devils. They are sooo soft that it's easy to over-do. You have to be extremely gentle in using them. If you rub too hard you'll end up with a major peel. But, if you follow directions you'll be very pleased with the results-gentle exfoliation with baby soft skin and fewer clogged pores each time.

Hope this helps.
Ari

What kind of cloth are you using?
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Pouty Puppy wrote:
MermaidG:
That is a REAL pouty puppy:)Cute!

So I take it you are not impressed with alot of products?I am the same-I LIKE them but im not yet impressed by anything.Frustrating huh?

Im going to buy the mandelic when I get my paycheck next month and maybe the Retin A.Ill post a rewiew on it.

Thanks for replying again:)

Yeah, I guess you could say I'm not overwhelmed by any of the skincare stuff I've tried lately, except the Clarisonic, and that's not even a WOW, OMG thing! Yes it is frustrating, especially when some of the girls report amazing, immediate results. That said, I haven't really tried a lot of products lately, but I can say that PSF's microdermabrasion crystals are nice as is their Pumpkin mask. I do like my emu oil, too. I will let you know if I've found something that makes me say OMG! I'm hoping I'll be able to say that when my Jan Marini lash serum gets here!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
loveskincare wrote:
MermaidGirl,

Could you tell me more about PSF's Green Tea Facial Cleanser and what you didn't like?

I was thinking of getting it but not sure how good it is.

I'd suggest trying a sample of the product first before buying a full size, although their products are not outrageously priced. Their sample size of the cleanser is actually quite generous (which is more than I can say for some of their other products!) and you will be able to get a number of uses out of it before it runs out.

What don't I like about it? I just don't think it removes makeup very well. I've used cleansing oil and I LOVE how it takes off makeup. (OK, Pouty Puppy, so I do LOVE a product after all!) I'm oily, and by the end of the day my makeup has made a paste on my skin (although I'm now using MMU which isn't as bad as the pressed-powder foundations I've used in the past), and nothing removes oily, pasty makeup quite like cleansing oil. I'm sure the Green Tea cleanser would be GREAT to use first thing in the morning on a non-madeup face, however - I just have not tried that yet. Maybe I will do that today (just woke up a little bit ago!) and report back. I must also add that I don't like the idea of a cleansing milk being used with my Clarisonic brush - I just don't think it will rinse as cleanly off the brush as the Clarisonic cleasing gel or even PSF's Papaya Cleansing Gel, even though it doesn't seem to contain a lot of oil.

That said, you may use the product and LOVE it. Give a sample a try.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Pouty Puppy, I've used several and they are not "created equal". My favorite and the one I'm sticking with is on eBay, seller is Bestbuybyfar. Great service. I've just ordered 3 more since I always seem to have to give one away(when you buy 3 you get the 4th one free). I use the off-white cloth. The color probably doesn't matter. It's just a quirk of mine that I prefer using a white cloth on my face.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |