Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! IS clinical
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

I need some help. I just recieved my IS clinical Active serum, super serum, vit c eye gel and eye cream

I don't know how to use them in my regimen.

I also wanted to know if the serums are watery, mine seem to be watery and not gel form, is that normal?

The active serum also feel icy on my face is that normal too?

Thank you for all your help!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the active feels like that. Kind of like a cooling sensation. I like it, and I liked the feel of the hydracool on top of it. And yes, they are watery. I think that is normal. I can't help you much in way of your routine though. I'm not good at giving recommendations. They are usually wrong and then I feel dumb. HTH, Rae
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
Yes, the active feels like that. Kind of like a cooling sensation. I like it, and I liked the feel of the hydracool on top of it. And yes, they are watery. I think that is normal. I can't help you much in way of your routine though. I'm not good at giving recommendations. They are usually wrong and then I feel dumb. HTH, Rae

Thank you, I appreciate your help! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Adriana,

AM:
cleanse
ISC Superserum everywhere but eyes
ISC Vit C Eye Gel
ISC Hydrocool
ISC Eye Complex

PM:
cleanse
ISC Active
ISC Hydrocool
ISC Eye Complex

Don't forget that a little goes a long way with these products. You don't need to slater it on.

If you still feel really sticky 10-15 mins after applying your Hydrocool, chances are you put on too much product and try cutting back a little.

If you have very dry skin, it's possible you'll need another moisturizer on top of the Hydrocool.

If you're using the Active every night, don't forget to wear some sort of sunscreen protection during the day. You'll put on your sunscreen after the Hydrocool/Eye Complex.

Hope this helps,
Marla

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Also - yes, the serums are very watery. The Active has menthol in it, which can cause the "icy" feeling.

Marla

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
marla,

Why do I use active in the pm and superserum on pm?

Also, my skin is oily do I still use hydracool?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Adriana,

You use the Active Serum at night because its a strong exfoliant. For instance, f you were using Retin A in your regimen, you certainly wouldn't use it at night!

It's fine to use HydraCool with oily skin. I also have very oily skin and find that the Hydra Cool is perfect for me. Provides just enough moisture without making my skin more oily.

Do use a sunscreen after your Super Serum and Hydra Cool in the am !
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
katee,

If I use Retin-A at night then should I use Active in the morning with Super Serum? Or, should I alternate Active with Retin-A?

TIA!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Probably alternate the Active Serum and the Retin A in the beginning. I use Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 around my eyes at night after I apply my Active Serum and I'm very happy with the results, but in the beginning, I could only use the retinol every other night, and I have very resilient skin!
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Probably alternate the Active Serum and the Retin A in the beginning. I use Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 around my eyes at night after I apply my Active Serum and I'm very happy with the results, but in the beginning, I could only use the retinol every other night, and I have very resilient skin!

Katee, thanks for the info. Your skin sounds just like mine. Oily and resistent. I love for you to tell exactly what your regimen is and the products you use. You look so beautiful in your pictures. I must know your secrets!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee! Should Active only be used at night and away from Vit. C?
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
loveskincare wrote:

Vitamin C is typically used in the morning. It's an antioxidant that helps fight free radicals brought on by sun exposure.

It's not to say that Vit C is BAD for your skin if used at night -- it's not. But it does everything it's "supposed" to do if you use it in the morning. I would not layer Vit C (Superserum) with the acids in the Active Serum.

I have very oily skin and still use the Hydrocool in the morning if I plan to wear mineral makeup that day. It gives my skin just the right amount of moisture. I skip the Hydrocool if I use my (liquid) tinted moisturizer.

Marla

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
loveskincare wrote:

I'm not katee, but I wouldn't use the Active during the day. I'm not sure if it would be BAD for your skin, but I wouldn't want to layer sunscreen/makeup over the Active Serum....just personal preference on my part.

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Eeek Adriana, you made me blush! But thank you - that was a very sweet compliment.

My skincare regimen:

AM
Cleanse (usually with neutrogena)
Prevage MD
Super Serum
HydraCool
Eye product (varies - right now I'm trying out the Remergent Microcirculation stuff, but I also have my homemade concoction...)
Sunscreen

PM
Cleanse
Active Serum
Firming Complex
Eye product (usually I use the ISC Eye stuff first, then Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 under my eyes, then my magic potion Laughing )

I also have a Baby Quasar which I try to use every other day. More accurately though, I'm lucky if I get to it every third day.

HTH !
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

Thanks! I read your review on the baby quasar and I can't wait to get my hands on one! Thanks for all your help, do you have a thread on your homemade concotions?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Marla,

Thanks for all your help too! I think I have a good idea of how to use these products. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
adrianaL wrote:
Thanks for all your help, do you have a thread on your homemade concotions?

i'm not katee, just one of her ISC groupies Laughing http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15136
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
adrianaL wrote:
Thanks for all your help, do you have a thread on your homemade concotions?

i'm not katee, just one of her ISC groupies Laughing http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15136

OMG! I just read the whole thread and I am going to have to make that concotion. la vie en rose, you are the devil for sharing that with me, I'm spending more money! ahhh!!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:39 am      Reply with quote
adrianaL wrote:
OMG! I just read the whole thread and I am going to have to make that concotion. la vie en rose, you are the devil for sharing that with me, I'm spending more money! ahhh!!!! Laughing

Bad Grin there *is* a chance that Candy's finally selling this stuff if you're not into DIY. http://www.candessence.com (i've been meaning to ask her myself as i can't get all the actives here in paris). all of her products our made with love, the best ingredients, and more than a bit of je ne sais pas.... as far as i'm concerned, she's a better chef than i could ever be when it comes to DIY. better yet, her products are way more inexpensive than store bought brands. i'm sure the combo of katee's orgasm eye cream and candy's cooking will be superb!
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
adrianaL wrote:

Bad Grin there *is* a chance that Candy's finally selling this stuff if you're not into DIY. http://www.candessence.com (i've been meaning to ask her myself as i can't get all the actives here in paris). all of her products our made with love, the best ingredients, and more than a bit of je ne sais pas.... as far as i'm concerned, she's a better chef than i could ever be when it comes to DIY. better yet, her products are way more inexpensive than store bought brands. i'm sure the combo of katee's orgasm eye cream and candy's cooking will be superb!

a million thanks for the website!! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |