Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Update On our Darling Winnie...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I received an email from Winnie a few minutes ago. I thought I would share portions of it to keep you all up to date on her condition.

Hi Candy,

I got home from the hospital this AM. Have my hubby's laptop. You have been so thoughtful to keep in touch with me that I had to take the time to fill you in on my well-being. This is the first email I have written. Most likely I won't be writing too many for a week.

The surgery "according to my doctor" was a big success. It took five hours rather then three. This is what they did to my foot: Calcaneal Osteotomy Left Foot, Flexor Digitorum, Longue Transfer Let and Medial Column Fusion Left. A lot of work for one foot huh? I was on some pretty heavy pain meds in hospital. I don't know what was worse the surgery or the meds.

They sent me home with Valium, Codeine and Advil. Now I feel awake. My foot is in a large temp cast to my knee. I went out and bought all sorts of sweats but can't fit them over cast.

On Nov. 3 will go in to a perm cast until my foot is healed. The new cast will not be so bulky. Believe it or not my foot does not hurt too bad. My hip has been very painful. I was told this is most likely do to moving me around on the OR table so much.

Overall I think she is ok, so far. I don't think the full effect of the surgery (right Cam?) has kicked in yet...

Winnie is surrounded by a wonderful, loving family. She is being well cared for. I know I was SO releived to hear from her, I thought you all may be too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Candy! I“m glad she has all that support now. Here“s to you speedy recovery, Winnie! Mwah!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the update..and Ochie....
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Candy thanks for letting us know the latest on our dear Winnie. I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well - 5 hrs, wow!!

Get well soon Winnie
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad the surgery went well and she is back home already! Thanks for keeping us updated Candy.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the update.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for posting that Candy!

Actually, 5 hours isn't quite as bad as it sounds for orthopaedic surgery. I'm sure she's going to be uncomfortable for the first week or so, but after that, knowing Winnie, she'll find ways to be up and around more and more as she heals.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Candy, so good to hear that the surgery went ok. Get well soon Winnie !
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Candy

Glad all went well Winnie - heres to a speedy recovery xxx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Candy, for the update. Winnie has quite a recovery ahead of her, but she'll be up and running around before we know it!

Best wishes Winnie for a super speedy recovery!
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Good luck Winnie. Don't hesitate to take your pain meds if you need them. I am recovering from surgery on my left heel-bone spur osteotomy and release of the plantar fascia. I hope to return to work sometime next week after 3 wks off.. Your surgery sounds more involved, so I really feel for you. Make sure you have plenty of reading material and losts of water to drink. Hang in there and try not to overdo it. Smile
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Overall I think she is ok, so far. I don't think the full effect of the surgery (right Cam?) has kicked in yet...

Laughing i've been thinking about Winnie all weekend and, stupid me, didn't think to look here.... and, oh god, yes. it definitely hasn't hit yet! they had me so doped up the first few weeks, i thought i was handling it really well. Laughing nearing three months on mine, and every day a new nerve comes back to life screaming loudly!!! the cast should keep the pain somewhat in check, though, as most of my pain is due to enforced mobility.

hang in there, Winnie! Candy is lovely to talk to when you think you're going insane or getting blue, actually she's the best! and i can *so* commiserate with you.... as for the sweats, i know that GAP has some bell-bottom ones that would be perfect for a cast.

lastly, i'm so thrilled that the surgery went well. i know it was a tough decision to make, but it will be more than worth it in the long run. just think of what you'll be able to do by summer!!!

sending you lots of

p.s. we have to come up with a way to virtually sign her cast hmm
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
... i've been thinking about Winnie all weekend ... p.s. we have to come up with a way to virtually sign her cast hmm

That's a brilliant idea! I found virtual bubble wrap for popping online, maybe we can locate a site that has virtual cast signing?!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Poor Winnie! Hope she makes a good recovery.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |