Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you use Hydraplenish?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Just in case there are others out there trying to stick to a budget, I thought I would share..

I use the Nature's Way Hydraplenish Hyaluronic Acid Plus MSM and thought I was onto a good deal at $7.49 for the bottle of 30 through vitacost.com

I use a brand they sell a lot of called NSI (Nutraceutical Sciences Institute) in a few of my other suppliments and also ones I buy for my mum, so today when I was working out what I need to reorder before the end of the year, I looked at the NSI alternatives to some of my other brands. I was VERY surprized to find that the NSI brand works out to $3.60 a month cheaper than the Nature's way for exactly the same ingredients.

The only difference is that whereas Nature's Way is just the 2 caps a day, NSI is 2 caps a day for the collagen and HA ($39.99 for 240 caps) + 1 cap a day for the MSM because it has 1000mg in it($9.99 for 240 caps).

They both have:
BioCell Collagen II™ 1 g (1,000 mg)
Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II 600 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg

and MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) as OptiMSM® 500 mg in Nature's way / 1000 mg in the NSI.

$3.60 a month might not sound like much, but added up over a year - or if you are taking the double-dose intensive course - it is quite significant.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hey, thank you Tiger_Tim!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Darn, I hadn't thought of getting the HA/Collagen AND MSM separately TT. Like you, I'd been taking the NSI supplement and then changed over to Nature's Way with all 3 combined, which as you point out is less bang for the buck. Next time I'll order and save some $$.
Thanks for the info Very Happy
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I just want to add in a little comment:

I started with Nature's Way and didn't notice anything... after three bottles I switched over to NSI (because of the price) and almost immediately my lips were slightly plumper... was it the switch or was it just the right time for it to begin working? I don't know, but I have a feeling NSI works better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
TigerTim, Thanks so much for looking that up. I too have been using the Nature's Way w/ the MSM b/c it was one product and I'm already on so many other vits/supplements. Do you find it hard to remember to take the separate products? Thanks.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Laughing nope, we keep our supplements in a basket on the shelf in the dining room and I have a piece of paper in that for morning and evening list (so even DH can dish them out if he has to!) We also take quite a lot of different supplements, but that is because I dont like "multivitamins" - I prefer to control the amount of each thing I take and multis usually also have stuff I dont want/need in them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting! Very Happy I happened to discover this vitacost site some days ago when I was searching for online sites that sell Nature's Way Alive AND ship internationally. I was also looking for some supplements for my dad for his joints problem. Vitacost sells a lot of NSI products and many of them seem to be good deals, but I'm unsure about its quality. Your post just comes on time and gives me more confidence in trying their products. Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
My mum uses their Glucosamine/Chondroitin combi and also their MSM and she reckons they are excellent (and HEAPS cheaper than what she can get in Australia - well, she cannot even find MSM in tablet form there). She also now takes their cinnamon tablets.

Cinnamon is excellent for reducing blood sugar (and helping with sugar cravings). Dr. Weil recommends 1tsp 3 times a day - but that is kinda hard to consume without having cinnamon flavored EVERYTHING. So the NSI cinnamon tablets are an excellent alternative.

In our house, all our supplements are either NSI or Dr. Weil (the Hydraplenish was the exception, but that is about to change).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I just made my first order from that vitacost site a few days back, and I got an e-mail back within a few hours saying my order has been shipped (not many online retailers ship that fast, as we all know) Of course I haven't received the parcel yet Laughing

Their prices seem very good.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
They are EXCELLENT at Vitacost. I have used them a few times and once my box arrived in Tokyo within 48 hours of ordering.

The first time one bottle of tablets arrived without a label (they had the plastic seal, just no label).. I knew which ones they were but wrote to them and within 72 hours a replacement bottle arrived on my doorstep sent by UPS international courier. Now that is service.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |