Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question about copper peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me if it is OK to use copper peptides with Obagi? I just received my CPS and decided not to use the retin-a and the CPS on the same night until I know if they are OK to use together. I also received a sample of Exfol with my order from diannayvonne and I wonder if it is safe to use also. I'm already exfoliating ENOUGH with the Obagi, but if the Exfol will get rid of all the peeling skin that is always hanging on my face, I would be happy!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I cannot answer that question, but I am sure someone else will. I just wanted to say that I just got back from the book store and I took a look at the new Allure beauty book. In there, it states that women in their 50's should include this ingredient in their regime because you need to firm your skin as much as you can.
I am hoping to use it now as a prevention. What do you think?
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Which ingredient are you speaking of? If it is CPS, then I really don't know anything other than what I have read about it on this forum. Everyone speaks so highly of it which is why I decided to try it.(I fell for it after reading Scalawaggirl's journey with CPS) I will be 33 next month and I have never taken care of my skin before now. I live near the beach and have spent most of my life baking in the sun with very little sunscreen on. An aesthetician told me I have severe sun damage which is why I started Obagi. I was just hoping to improve my results by using CPS in addition. I, too, wish to prevent any further damage as well as correct all the damage I've done. I also ordered 4%DMAE, but it hasn't come in yet (I'm also starting to get smile wrinkles around my eyes) Crying or Very sad .
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
If you don't mind me saying so, I really think you should start wit Vitamin C. The sooner the better!
Can I suggest Cellex-C High Potency? Or Vivier 20%
You need something strong, but maybe it will burn at first. Maybe start with 10% and move your way up.

I think CPS should be added on later, maybe after 3 months. Obagi is a very nice line...can't remember if it has Vit. C. If so, maybe you are already using it?
Maybe in 3 months, if you can afford it, get IPL facials. It hurts though.

Congratulations! You will be 33 years old soon and sounds like you are dedicated to make some positive changes!
You are more then welcome to PM me if you have any other questions Smile
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare. I have been using Skinceuticals vit C 15% since I started Obagi 4 weeks ago and YES it does burn. Shock . I am diluting the CPS (4drops CPS:4 drops H2O)so I didn't have any kind of reaction last night. I really would like to get IPL treatments for my redness/blotchiness, but I have heard mixed reviews about it. Thanks for your help!
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've read on the Skinbio forum that people do use Obagi with copper peptides. I found a link that says that most people use the retin A and then the CPs.
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Priscilla!! I'm not familliar with the skinbio forum. Do you have the website? Do you know if you have to wait any length of time after applying the retin-a before you apply the cps?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Same here! I am not familiar with skinbio.

Can you share the address?
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
hi, the board address is
http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x
but you can also get to it from the skinbio.com website.

HTH
priscilla
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! Very Happy
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
noleRN:

I'm not sure which Obagi line you're using -- I'm assuming Nuderm? Also -- I'm not sure which Exfol you received from DY -- is it the Exfol A or the toner?

If you're using the Obagi Blender (Retin A + Blender), I would not layer it with either of the Exfol products. Alternating nights would be a better idea.

It's fine to use CP after the Obagi/Retin A but keep in mind that, if you're using Obagi Nuderm, 1)the hydroquinone can really make your skin sensitive to just about everything and 2)The Retin A you use with your blender will make the CP absorb a lot! So go SLOWLY with the CP.

HTH
Marla

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:07 am      Reply with quote
If you are using Vitamin C then don't use copper peptides at the same time. I heard that it's better to use them 12 hours apart.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Same here...that is what I have read in the new Allure book and also read it in DermaDoctor web site.

Can someone just comfirm this please? In Cellular Skin Rx for SuperMax Multi-Peptide Skin Solution Serum, I got the impression you can mix it with the Vit. C.
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Marla-I am using Obagi Nuderm. The Exfol sample I recieved says "Exfol Serum" so I'm not sure if that is the toner or the Exfol A as you mentioned. I think I will just leave it out all together as the retin-a is doing its job very well. I did not know that the retin-a would make the CP absorb more, so I will use it slowly. Thanks!!

Loveskincare-I was going to ask someone if the Vit C could be used together with the CPS, so thanks for that bit of info. I thought I had read that somewhere too, but wasn't sure. I'll use the Vit C in the AM and CPs at night.

I really appreciate everyone's help. I sure love this forum. Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
The Exfol sample I recieved says "Exfol Serum" so I'm not sure if that is the toner or the Exfol A as you mentioned

The names are a bit confusing because these two products are completely different things. Exfol serum is a mild exfoliant (BHA 2% salicylic acid) serum (salicylic scours out your pores - use this to treat blackheads mainly). Exfol A is a new kind of Vitamin A treatment from Vivant - use it like a retinoid. It should increase cell turnover.
HTH Molly
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly (If my son had been a girl, we were going to name him Molly Very Happy ). Do you know if the Exfol serum is safe to use with Obagi? I could use some help cleaning out my pores, although the Oil cleaning method is working surprisingly well. Thanks!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nole
I think whether you can use exfol serum before Obagi very much depends on your skin's level of resiliance and how used to Obagi you are. Some can, some can't - I'd try a test patch and see what happens. Try tops of cheeks that's usually a sensitive spot.

Actually my name isn't really Molly - it's just an abbreviation for a stupid nickname someone used to call me Confused I never meant to use it for more than one post, but here I am.......
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use Retin A 0.05% with Super CP serum (I took a long time to slowly build up from regural CP to Super CP).
I apply my R-A, wait for about 10 - 20 mins (I don't think you really need to wait that long) and than I apply my Super CP. It works well together.
Good luck!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly and Rubby. I tried a test patch of the Exfol like Molly suggested, but I don't know how to use it. I wiped it on with a cotton sponge and then washed it off after about 5 minutes. Are you supposed to leave it on? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to see results from CPS?
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I think that the Exfol Serum is meant as a leave-on product. Since the pH is around 3.5, I think that you leave it on and wait 1/2 hour or so before applying a product of higher pH.

I think it's pretty variable how long it takes to see results--and then when you see them, whether they are good or bad results. If used for correcting age spots or scars, I think that people frequently go through a period during which the scar looks WORSE before it looks better because the scar tissue underneath has to be pushed to the surface before it can be exfoliated. Also, over-use or accelerated use of more active CP products is known to lead to "uglies"--drooping skin and such.

HTH. (Molly and others will contribute more information, I'm sure! You can also find a lot of info on the skinbiology website.)
priscilla
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I'd check the SkinBiology site. I thought C stayed active on skin longer than 24 hours.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
May I ask where you guys are purchasing your CP serums, and if anyone knows, who has the best price? Also, what strength of CPs should I start off with? Thanks all.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
ww.dianayvonne.com
I think their prices are very reasonable also.
Probably you should start off with cp serum or p&r cream, I'm not really sure which one, and I think, but can't remember, that they have didn't strengths of the p&r cream. Maybe someone else could help you better.
Did I spell strengths right? It looks off.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine at Diana Yvonne. You can also order directly from skinbiology.com.

Skinbiology advises people to start slowly with copper peptides. If you have oily/combination skin, I think that they recommend that you gradually start with CP serum (7 drops water + 1 drop CP serum daily for a week, then 6 drops water + 2 drops CP serum daily for a week, 5drops water+3 drops CP, etc.) and Exfol serum. You If you have dry skin, you can start with CP cream or Trireduction Protect and Restore instead.

can ramp up more quickly if you know your skin can handle it, but I didn't. I remember reading posts from Scalawag Girl and others on another board who have had great results with no "uglies" by ramping up use of copper peptides conservatively starting from diluted CPs and onward.

There's a wealth of information at the skinbiology website. here is a link to their FAQ.

HTH
priscilla
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'd check the SkinBiology site. I thought C stayed active on skin longer than 24 hours.

Hi Rjez
C does stay active in the skin for up to 48 hours, but that's not going to be effected by the CPs. It's only outside on the skin's surface that the CPs will neutralise the Vit C. Once it's absorbed and active in your skin's system both the CPs and the Vit C work in harmony.

Quote:
Also, does anyone know how long it takes to see results from CPS?

Hello Nole - It depends what 'results' you're looking for. I found and I see others do too that I got a good glow from CPs pretty much immediately and felt my skin was healthier, thicker and the moisture balance was improved within a few weeks. If you're talking remodelling then that would take a lot longer and seems to vary from person to person.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |