Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
skinceuticals phyto+
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:12 am      Reply with quote
hello. I was wondering whether this product is apropriate ofr for oily skin. Also, can I use it during the day over my Vivier serum? Lastly, DOES IT WORK? Thank you.
Caspers Mum

Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you may use this in conjunction with your Vivier serum! Phyto + is to be applied twice per day, before your moisturizer. It, infact, ought to help with any excess oil, as it has a non-drying astringent effect.Cool
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your help
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Marina,

I have used this for the past half year and I see a difference. Although the lightening of my skin has been subtle, no other product I have used had any effect on my skin.. hopefully, if I use it longer, it'll work even more!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I was wondering if you use this all over your face. I have diffuse melasma and can't 'target' any one area.It's everywhere and spreading as I type.That's why I was concerned. Hopefully, this dosen't lighten the rest of your skin as well? Thank you again.
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Marina,
I have melasma as well. I don't know what diffuse melasma is, but for me, I didn't see much difference using the phyto+. The Primacy C serum 20 helped brighten my complexion. I mainly had the dark patches over my upper lip. Currently I take MSM and it's weird, but clumps of the dark patches just go away. I've heard good things about Godiva products as well. I was allergic to it so I couldn't use it. I currently am a fan of TNS Skin Medica serum and Isa Knox Intensive Whitening. I've noticed that the melasma spreads if I'm out in the sun. Photoderm SPF 100 has been awesome for me to help prevent that along with a big hat!

Hope this helps.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you,. diffuse melasma is just dark spots or patches all over-so I just can't take hydraquinone and apply to areas-I would get it all over onto the other areas. The areas aren't awful, just noticeable if I don't wear foundation;they will worsen in the summer (I'm going to Greece-just what my skin needs!!) What is MSM and whre can I buy photoderm? Thanks.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skin Addict,

I am using Primacy C as you. You are also using TNS serum now. Which one is better, the Primacy C ot TNS Serum. I saw that you are very happy with your current skin condition. Could you let us know exactly how you use the products in the morning and at night, ie the skin care treatment routine you are using now.

Although the new whitening gel (Isa...) you are using now works very well for you, do you know if it will give you darker pigmentation in the future as the hydroquinone does to so many women? Have you seen any report about long term use of that product? How long has it been on the market?

Thank you,

Rose
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Marina,
MSM is a supplement. I read about it in Vanessa Wild's book, "Melasma - Is This the Clear Solution?". I got it on Amazon.com but I think it's also available on Walmart.com. She also has a very informative website http://www.melasma.co.uk. The book is short and, as I posted earlier, it's weird but clumps of the brown patches just go away until most of it is gone. I don't wear foundation because I don't like to and used to just spot cover. My fiance used to tease me about my upper lip hyperpigmentation "mustache" and said he no longer sees it anymore. I did have a recurrance a couple months ago because we went to an outdoor flea market. I wore an SPF 30 and a hat, but a few days later a brown patch showed up on the left side of my mouth. It wasn't as dark or as stubborn and is almost gone now. Last weekend I went to a book fair using the Photoderm SPF 100 and we were out in the sun for about an hour and a half and a brown patch hasn't shown up, so I'm happy. I just found it online doing a yahoo search for "photoderm spf 100." I got mine at http://delivereddeals.com/Bio.asp

Rose,
I like the TNS serum better for the overall refinement of my skin. I was using the TNS at night and Primacy in the day with Kinerase cream on top just because the TNS is expensive and I needed to conserve it. I don't think the Isa Knox product has hydroquinone in it (most Asian products don't). I've had the least amount of problems with Asian whitening products for my sensitive skin probably because 1) I'm Asian and, 2) gentle whitening products are highly in demand since adverse reactions in Asian skin leads to more hyperpigmentation. I read reviews on the Isa Knox and all the reviewers were very happy with it and didn't report any darker pigmentation. I don't have access to market research or history of the company so I don't know the answers to your last 2 questions. All I can tell you is that I've pretty much tried everything (Godiva, Shiseido Whitess, Cle de Peau, IPL, Sonya Dakar, Phyto+, Retin-A/Hydroquinone, Obagi, Kojic Acid, La Mer ....) for the hyperpigmentation and am seeing results with my current regime. It's kind of become an avid hobby of mine!
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Addict,

Congratulations on your triumph over fighting the hyperpigmentation.

I am asian too. I used to have very nice skin that my friends envied. After using Retin-A to reduce very fine wrinkles when I was in my early thirties, I developed dark spots on the areas where I applied Retin-A. Years later, it became so severe that people noticed it right away. I went to see a dermotologist who recommended microdermabrasion and using his own fomulation of hydroquinone and steriod cream. After I used that for about one to two years, my nightmare started. I developed uneven hyperpigmentation almost all over my face. If it were even and my whole face were many shades darker than I used to be, it would have been fine. But it is so uneven that on some areas I have my original color tone and the other areas I have differnt degrees of shades. I have been fighting the hyperpigmentation since then. It has been more than 5 years that I have gone through many different things, but have not found a good regime to overcome my skin problems. I almost gave up, but it is so severe that my friends recommended me to have IPL done. I gave it a try, but it was very expensive and the results were so minimal.

Thank you so much for sharing your experince. At least I know that there is still hope for me to lessen the hyperpigmentation that has been bothering me for years.

May I ask you what cleanser, toner, and moisturizer you use in the morning and at night if you use them? I found that EDS sell the products at a price that is better than any website and I am going to purchase the skin care products from them.

I also saw your post in another forum that you mentioned that you received compliments all the time. Congratulations on that too. From the ways you take care of yourself, I know you must be very pretty. May I ask you it you dye your hair? If you do, what color do you use?

Thanks a bunch,

Rose
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Rose,
It seems like we've had similar experiences. I've stopped going to the dermatologist because the recommended treatments were too harsh which led to reactions and more brown spots. The whole mess w/ microdermabrasion, IPL, "aestheticians to the stars" cost a lot of money with little or no results. I decided to find solutions on my own. Online research is great because you can find reviews from customers who've actually used the particular product. This message board is one of the best because it actually has access to highly effective products as well.

I actually don't receive compliments all the time. That one posting was probably the first time I've felt good about my skin in a long time. It's amazing how something like hyperpigmentation affects your self-confidence. I was also like you where I had good skin before the melasma. I feel like I'm on my way back to where I was before.

I don't color my hair. I try to keep things low maintenance. I figure if I can keep my skin and hair looking good for as long as possible I won't have to buy or do additional things to enhance it. For cleansers, I just use a glycolic cleanser by Serious Skin Care or Aveeno Skin Brightening. I don't really use a toner. TNS serum or Primacy C then Kinerase Cream. The Isa Knox Intensive Whitening came with samples of toner, day cream, eye cream and night cream. I think I only like the night cream. I also like Serious Skin Care Reverse Lift for my forehead, between my brows, and my neck and chest. Top it all off in the day with the Photoderm SPF 100 and a big hat if I'm going to be out in the sun!

Lastly, along with taking the MSM twice a day, I also stay away from sugar, dairy, wheat and gluten. Taking the supplements and cutting back the sugar probably had the most profound results in lessening the hyperpigmentation than anything topical. This also helps with the weight since I do ballet. Whew! My life in a nutshell!
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
SA,

Thanks for sharing your personal skin care history with us. It helps me a lot. This forum is great. I have learned a lot about skin care from the forum.

Rose
CWee

Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! Thank you! I hope this works for those of us who has hyperpigmentation. I'm going to try the MSM supplement. Before learning this info here, I was seriously considering laser treatment. Thank you so much ladies.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2004 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Addict,
Is MSM easily available in health food stores or do I have to buy it on-line?Thank you for the info. You've been very helpful.
Robin

Sat May 01, 2004 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for posting about this. I think I will try the MSM as well. I have brown spots on my forehead and upper lip and I will see if this helps.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |