Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

acne scarring/fading question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
exerciseimust
5% products discount

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
if i keep using a skin cleanser (oscion cleanser, the less expensive version of triaz, 6% benzoyl peroxide), will it peel layers of skin off so the acne scarring (not just red marks, the ones left over from popping pimples) will those go away and even out my skin?

I think you get what i mean, if not idk how else to explain it, heh.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Benzoyl Peroxide kills bacteria. It is not an exfoliant except to the extent that if you overuse it, your skin will become irritated, red, and peel.

If you want to get rid of old red marks from past acne troubles, azelaic acid (Finacea, Skinoren, Azelex, Acnederm)will reduce the hyperpigmentation and help prevent future breakouts.

AHA peels (alpha hydroxy acid) and BHA peels will also help to remove the dead old skin and reveal new skin that possibly will not be hyperpigmented. This takes a while to happen with these products though.

You might also consider Vitamin C serum each AM as C limits melanocyte production so the overproduction stops and your skin can go back to its normal color.

Sunscreen is a must, too.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
copper peptides used with salicylic acid or stronger exfoliants are also reported to help fade acne scars.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
exerciseimust wrote:
if i keep using a skin cleanser (oscion cleanser, the less expensive version of triaz, 6% benzoyl peroxide), will it peel layers of skin off so the acne scarring (not just red marks, the ones left over from popping pimples) will those go away and even out my skin?

I think you get what i mean, if not idk how else to explain it, heh.

It will go away, just give it time. I hope you are using Vit. C everyday and you are exfoliating. If you want a boost and you can afford it, go for a professional micro. You have to wear sunblock following the procedure.
radiantface
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Be careful of what you use. I used so much prescribed dermatological medications that my skin has become sensitive and has an uneven tone.

I am using Decleor Prolagene gel. It helps reduce my acne scars but it takes time.
exerciseimust
5% products discount

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
woah all these words is mad confusing, can anyone suggest products that i could get perscribed (going to derm december 1st) or buy from a local store?

Finacea, Skinoren, Azelex, Acnederm, whitch one would you suggest if i should get any of those?

and where can i get more info on these peels?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:29 am      Reply with quote
As well as looking into skincare also consider vitamin and mineral supplement. Zinc and Vitamin E are excellent for healing acne scars.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
where can i get a vitamin C serum?
AmyNaturDerm
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, with any scarring your success really depends upon where it is located,and how deep the scar is - if the scarring is into the middle (dermis) layer of the skin you'll probably need to see a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist. A lot of folks don't know this and get frustrated when they don't see results. Some skin discolorations are also caused by hormones (melasma), we can use topical products to fade them, but they will return with exposure to UV - Hope this helps - Amy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Benzoyl peroxide is mainly antibacterial, but it can also act as a mild peeler, but you are better off getting something stronger from your dermatologist like topical vitamin a acid or adapalene. The best thing for acne scar is probably laser from your dermatologist. However, even laser therapy will not eliminate it 100%.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Bio oil is a natural product that helps to reduce scars. I have a scar on the side of my face wher i took all the skin off. And it has faded heaps. I works on stretch marks too.
But i also agree on visiting a derm. to laser the
scar. I would do that if i could afford it. Very expensive in nz Smile

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
AmyDaturDerm is right about the scars not always going away. There's another post from someone who wants to pop her pimples - and I want to scream at her not to do it. Last summer I had Laser Re-surfacing done to my face - at almost $6,000, two weeks recovery and a lot of gross "cleansing" of my face. While any small fine lines have been completely erased the scaring that I had has only been diminished by about 40% to 50% (told before hand my my plastic surgeon to only expect that). My skin looks sooo much better and much smoother, but I will always have some scars, unless I do the re-surfacing again in a couple of years or so. I'd highly recommend this procedure but wish I'd takend better care of my skin in the first place.
Kimmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I completely understand what you're going through. If it wasn't bad enough to have terrible acne, but once they do heal you're left with this dark purple/red scar for the next month!!
I've never gotten crater-type scarring from pimples, just the pinky-purple, and now in some places it's almost dark purple where it looks like a blood blister. It is terrible, and hard to conceal! I'm hoping that the differin gel and the zinc supplements I've been taking will help.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I just want to pipe in here on the subject. First of all, there is no quick cure, as many other posters have noted. But, there are options that can help.

Peels are a good place to start to rid the skin of old, thick layers. Daily applications of AHA/BHA products also help exfoliate and use of a retinoid product will turn cells over deep within the skin (pushes new skin out as opposed to exfoliating the surface like AHA/BHA).

I have had success and am still working on acne scars and a few moles (when I feel like it) with a combination of strong acid (TCA 20% using the TCA Cross Method) and Skin Biology's Super Cop 2x. I have one chicken pox scar that has filled in by 60%, I'd say, or more. Acne scars have been minimized, as well, due to regular use of copper peptides and daily exfoliation.

My suggestion is to start researching as much as possible because, again, there is no short route to eradicate the scars. I would think it also best to thoroughly understand the various options out there so you can make an informed decision. Something like this is fairly complex and probably not going to be explained easily within a thread. You can do a search on the various subjects as there have been many discussions previously. This can help you gain more understanding about the best route for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I have had success and am still working on acne scars and a few moles (when I feel like it) with a combination of strong acid (TCA 20% using the TCA Cross Method) and Skin Biology's Super Cop 2x. I have one chicken pox scar that has filled in by 60%, I'd say, or more. Acne scars have been minimized, as well, due to regular use of copper peptides and daily exfoliation.

Could you give me more details on your method of getting rid of the chicken pox and acne scars? I would love to be able to get rid of the depressed/pitted acne scars or at least reduce them.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Sure, here is a link to a thread I did on my remodeling technique:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16585&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The TCA Cross Method explanation:

Started out by using SC2x spot treating scars/moles (3-4x in PMs) then applied (only 1x) a TCA 20% spot treatment in the AM. I soaked the little cotton-covered toothpicks I ordered along w/the TCA and then applied to the indentations until they frosted.

So, here's what happened. The spots did scab over and after about 3 days, started peeling off. I was not able to really cover them with makeup so they looked like brownish spots. Not terrible but not great, either. Fortunately, I timed the worst of it for the weekend (Friday) and wasn't traveling for work.

The result is, in fact, light pink as I'd expect and noticably less deep. I did not anticipate a complete filling in as it will take a bit of time for the collagen to build up to refill the scars. I did find it was almost impossible to keep the toothpick directly INSIDE the dents so the acid went a tiny bit outside of most of them. I'm not worried about it, though.

I do continue use of my CP serum and emu/HA to assist with healing and rebuilding. So far, my skin is really improving and I will take another swipe at the process in a month or so.

Overall, I'm very pleased. On a side note, my little red "moles" - can never remember the name of these things - are disappearing. I have spot treated them w/SC2x and with regular use of CP serum. I imagine in a few months or less, they will be history.

Here is a comparison picture I was working on for another thread about broken capillary improvements. When I saw your request, I thought it'd be a great inspiration for scar rebuilding. Notice the significant improvement in skin texture and diminishment in scars overall. This has been over the course of just under three months of aggressively treating my skin. I also use a Baby Quasar device for skin plumping, hyperpigmention and evening out skin tone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl
congrats on your wedding.
Your photos are amazing. heaps of good changes in your skin.
I dont know much about the products you have been using but will definetly check out the thread cause i have recently had out breaks on my chin that have left scars.....
Can you buy those products from eds?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Marcia! I'm a happy married girl now. Smile

I buy my TCA 20% from Platinum Skincarewww.platinumskincare.com and the Super Cop 2x fromwww.dianayvonne.com. Alternatively, you could buy a sample of the SC2X fromwww.skinbiology.com (inventor's site) as that is all I am currently using and for spot treating, it will last a long, long time.

I am not even sure but I don't think EDS sells strong acids and certainly not SC2x. HTH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks scalawaggirl! You look great! You got great results with this method. It's very encouraging! Did you have any problems with the "uglies" that many had with CP?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
No uglies except for one short-lived episode of sagging due to overzealous use of SC2x - I applied it on my cheeks directly (being lazy) rather than as a spot treatment. As soon as I backed off, it returned to normal.

My recommendation is to follow a slow regime - patience is key (and, I know, difficult) but it's the best way to get the benefits without the frustration. I love my CPs and will not be without them now and think it's best to just assume you'll have uglies, if you rush it (so don't). Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks scalawaggirl,
You are always very helpful
I will check out the sites Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |