Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stretchmarks & Zinc
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just caught the end of some programme..Hubby says it's called Diet Doctors..
This 22 year old who was pre diabetic and had a big tummy bulge, spots, scars and stretchmarks.
I didn't really work out how they'd made her not pre diabetic or most importantly made her tummy flat (!!)...

but the stretchmarks reducing in appearance was down to zinc supplements..!! And now I've googled zinc + stretchmarks and seems the whole world knows about it except for me..?!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
and me! Shock
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
If you take zinc long term make sure you take copper too Smile Smile interesting information!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
.. but the stretchmarks reducing in appearance was down to zinc supplements..!! And now I've googled zinc + stretchmarks and seems the whole world knows about it except for me..?!

vonstella wrote:
and me! Shock

AND ME! This is the first I've heard about it! Holy mackeral that's very interesting information. *runs off to buy stock options in zinc supplements*

Daisylondon (cute name!) ... did the show give the dosage of zinc, how often one should take it, and how long until results are noticed? Please let us know if you have that info! TIA! Very Happy
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
If you take zinc long term make sure you take copper too Smile Smile interesting information!

Dealated, can you elaborate on your recommendation? Why should one take copper if taking zinc long term? TIA! Very Happy
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
dealated wrote:

Dealated, can you elaborate on your recommendation? Why should one take copper if taking zinc long term? TIA! Very Happy

Sorry mermaidgirl! Zinc supplements overtime suppress copper, which is a necessary component of red blood cells. This could lead to anemia. I think that this is only a risk if you are taking 60 mg of zinc for more than two months at a time.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:
dealated wrote:

Sorry mermaidgirl! Zinc supplements overtime suppress copper, which is a necessary component of red blood cells. This could lead to anemia. I think that this is only a risk if you are taking 60 mg of zinc for more than two months at a time.

Aah! Good to know. Thank you for providing that valuable information! Very Happy
loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
and me too! This is the first time I heard it! Did they say how much zinc should be taken to have any effects?
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
No I wish I'd got the secret to the flat tummy too...! (I know she'd had problems with thrush before and now she didnt so maybe she had a candida issue. but it was a massive difference)

I looked on the website but couldn't find anything on last night's programme. Anyone else see it?!

I got some power magnesium a couple of weeks ago on my osteo's advice. I had already seen an improvement in my RSI with my healthfood store version but he said it wasn't nearly as powerful as other stuff. So I bought some from a website he mentioned and it's amazing. Five drops in a glass of water at night not just makes my nerves feel better but makes me sleep right through the night (very unusual). Anyway the reason I mention this is when I was looking at magnesium I noticed a zinc supplement and wondered whether to get it or not then decided not to as didn't know what it'd be good for. If only I'd known...!!!
http://www.mineral-supplements.net
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Recommended daily dosage for women is 12 mg/day, that's what I take along with 2mg/day of copper.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |