Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

scab breaks when i smile or eat! : (
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sad I've been restricting my diet to yogurt, green beans, and anything else I can pop in my mouth without having to open it widely. Forget cheeseburgers!

I've got a scab on the right side of my mouth. It's not on my lip, but right next to it, on my skin. It was from a cold sore. Every time I eat, I open my mouth too widely and the scab breaks a little. And when I smile, which I do A LOT it breaks. I find humor in almost everything, so I'm constantly laughing and it just isn't fair that I have to restrain it. People think I'm in a bad mood haha.

I can't understand why it's not healing properly. It's been five days that I've been sticking to the routine of gently rubbing in Neosporin every 15 to 30 minutes a day. I let it absorb and then put a thin film over it. It's not healing as quickly as I was hoping and it's not staying moisturized. If it was moisturized well enough, the scab wouldn't be breaking so easily. I just started to take zinc supplements a couple days ago to speed up the healing. I'm also applying Carmex two or three times a day.

What else can I do to speed up the healing?

And what can I do so the scab doesn't break open every time I eat or smile?

Thanks gals.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry, that has got to hurt. I remember a while back when the corner of where my lips met would just split open everytime I use to eat or smile during the winter because they were so dry.

I know tea tree oil is suppose to help heal wounds. It is one that you can apply directly to the skin. I put this on my kneck when I burned it with the curling iron a few weeks back and it seemed to have done the job. I mixed it with a little grade A emu oil so it wasn't so strong and pungent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Also, have you tried Vit-E?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
This happened to me recently--- it sucked! Keep up with the neosporin, and put a nice heavy coat on overnight. Also, this is a case where using an O2 serum REALLY helps. You can either get a sample from the PSF site for just a few dollars, or you can get a bottle from zenbiotic.com for about $12 or so. Apply the O2 throughout the day before the neosporin and it will be healed up in a couple of days. Keep us updated, and good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps up the B vitamin intake...I used to have the same problem and it can sometimes be a sign of a deficiency specifically B2 (riboflavin). Good sources are leafy greens, almonds and liver..

Vit C helps heal as well.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |