Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you use Mandelic Acid? Or Mama lotion?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to incorporate into my daily routine. Mostly for help with sun damage freckles.

Mandelic acid 15% from Vivant or Mama lotion 10%?

am:
Skinceuticals C&E
Skinmedica TNS Recovery
PSF Phyto-lift cranberry eye (new purchase)

pm:
Ystheal or Diacnel
Skinmedica TNS Recovery or Copper Peptide (new purchase)
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez I have used both the MaMa lotion and the skincarecentral 10% and 15% mandelic acids. I applied them in the morning but I do know that they can be applied in the evening.

If you decide to go with a morning application apply them to clean skin then wait 30 min and apply your C+E serum. If you are using the MaMa lotion as opposed to the Vivant you should probably rinse it off before you apply the C+E since it has ingredients that would prevent your C from absorbing.

It would be best to start with an everyother day or even every 3 days application and then work up to everyday use if your skin can tolerate it. HTH
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I vary my application. I use the Vivant. Sometimes I use it in the morning, but sometimes I don't have the time to wait 30 min before applying my vit C so then I use it in the evening after I cleanse my face and before my moisturizer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just received the Vivant Mandelic Acid and plan to start in the night. My question is, would my DNA Repair go over the moisturiser after the acid or would the order be: acid, then DNA Repair, then moisturiser.
Thanks.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Could somebody explain the 30 minute wait thing? I'd like to try mandelic, but I'm not the type to do fiddly routines.. Embarassed
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
The concept behind a wait period after applying acids is that the acids need to have a low pH to exfoliate. If you apply a moisturizer or serum over them you are neutralizing them and they will not exfoliate. It may actually be a little different applying C serums over acids because C serums also need a low pH to work and are formulated accordingly (I hope someone will chime in here on the appropriate time between different acids and Vitamin C). Essentially it comes down to keeping the pH at an appropriate level for exfoliation.

I am not so sure that that 30 minute thing is a rule so much as a guideline. I think that this time frame designates the amount of time at which the acid has pretty much neutralized itself on your skin and won't do any more exfoliation. Do you need to wait the full 30 min? Maybe not. In some cases you may want to cut the exfoliation short for less irritation. Also, some acids like glycolic that have a small molecule size and penetrate quickly probably do their job quicker than something like mandelic which has a larger molecule size. So my opinion is that it may be good to wait the entire 30 min but that shorter wait times will produce benefits also.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
or would the order be: acid, then DNA Repair, then moisturiser.

I would do it that way, but remember to wait half an hour after the acid before applying the DNA repair.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Molly,

I am curious as to why you recommend a 30 minute wait period. Is it because the DNA Repair contains enzymes that may not do so well in an acidic environment or are you a firm believe in a 30 minute wait period between acids and any other product?

Theresa
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to chime in about the wait times. It is due to 2 things. Allowing the exfoliation to fully occur and also to allow the skin to return to normal Ph level.

I always wait 30 minutes after mandelic because I want the full benefits. My vitamin C goes on after Relax Plus has absorbed. I wait 10 minutes (generally) for the C to absorb, as well.

It is a pain to wait but I have found the benefits well worth the time and just work around it now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a cheaper Mandelic acid? I've been searching the do-it-yourself stores and the web but haven't found it except at skin care central and that's way too expensive for me. I know sometimes somethings right under your nose and you need someone else to point it out, though... Smile

I really want to try it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Anomaly, check the prices at gardenofwisdom.com. Also, from them you can buy it in any amount you want (0.5oz, for example), just ask Markey, the owner, for prices.
Also, check out this link, it looks like a good deal:
http://www.dianayvonne.com/c=1jsrkHSQUV16g8LOli6T96VDV/product/VIV70T

HTH. Wink
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you jumpingball Smile . I have a question: on the Garden of Wisdom site they sell 15% Mandelic acid marine serum. Is this the same thing? Or is it better? Mostly I'm wondering if the pore cleansing would be the same as the pure mandelic acid?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
Thank you jumpingball Smile . I have a question: on the Garden of Wisdom site they sell 15% Mandelic acid marine serum. Is this the same thing? Or is it better? Mostly I'm wondering if the pore cleansing would be the same as the pure mandelic acid?

You are welcome. Wink Actually, I don't know, but you can send Markey an e-mail with all your questions; she is very helpful.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |