Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
calling all roaccutane users........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
emilystone_1

Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
hi,
ive just started roaccutane today! what were your saviour products? (lips,face,body,hair etc) and also any do's and donts would be most helpful.thanks in advance!
John
5% products discount

Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
If Roccoaccutane is the same as Accutane then here you go:
Kiehl's Lib Balm No. 1 for Lips.
Dermalogica Gentle Cleanser for Face and eyes as well as Active Moist Moisturizer for Face.
Bumble and Bumble Seaweed Shampoo and Conditioner for Hair- it too gets dry.

Nothing else. Your skin will get red and sensitive. Just give it time, rest and relief from product junking.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing that works for my dry lips is pure vaseline petroleum jelly during treatment. The other products seem to leave this white residue and my lips still felt dry.

otherwise, just moisturize like crazy, especially after washing and showering.
John
5% products discount

Sat May 01, 2004 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
The Petroleum Jelly stopped working for me but the Kielh's kept on trucking...
kyuti2003
5% products discount

Tue May 04, 2004 1:54 am      Reply with quote
my husband has a box of roaccutane left, everyone we knew, including our family physician, told him to stop taking it , it has many side effects, and besides, his acne is not THAT bad for him to take the medication.
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2004 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I took accutane for about a year, but only twice a week. My skin was *insanely* dry, though!! So what's worked for me:

- Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm (my lips were hard-hit the most and nothing I tried helped until I used the Burt's product. I've been hooked on it ever since!!)

-Theraplex daily skin moisturizer (I use this for my hands, which got really, really dry. This is a really emollient and dermatologist-loved product. It has no fragrance at all, but when you feel awful, the way something makes you feel is more important than fragrance!! Very Happy )

-Cetaphil daily face moisturizer with spf and parsol.

-Jane Iredale D2O spritz (this is a face spritz with ylang-ylang and all kinds of great ingredients that soothe your skin throughout the day. It's *wonderful* in general for the summer on hot, dry days!)

-Dermalogica Microfoliant

Hopefully the dosage you're prescribed isn't as insanely high vs. frequency as some derm's out there like to put patients on. Be extremely careful in the sun, but I know you already know this. Oh, and make sure if you take vitamins not to take anything that has vitamin A in it!

Umm, that's about it that I can think of. Hope this helps!
sarah_anand

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:30 am      Reply with quote
hi,

I've been on roaccutane for almost 9 months now. I have to say(without jinxing myself) that the result has been wonderfull.

Before I started the treatment I used to get pimples everytime I munched on chips, KFC, Pizza and mostly Pepsi. And now(again dont want to jinx myself) after completing 8 boxes of roaccutane....I've forgotten how the wicked zit looks like. I did experience certain side effects like convulsions in sleep....redness of the face....dryness aahhhh well I guess thats it. For dryness I use ROC's moisturizer(amazing I must say)

So guy I suggest strongly for those of you suffering with severe acne.....go ahead with this great savior
Pinay24
5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Guys you might need to check this out:
http://www.accutaneaction.com/------the effects of retinoic acid (Accutane/Roaccutane) on the brain,

If you are suffering from Acne - I have the same problem before too and so far I have use Proactiv Solution and it does really works and it has no side effects.

For those who are looking for an alternative,use the vinegar-yes I mean VINEGAR(white Vinegar) all of the acne treatment sol'ns uses vinegar as the main source for acne treatment.Or Witch Hazel as for the cleanser which is purely natural. I am using Witch hazel as well and it doesn't make your skin dry.

As for the vinegar, you just have to wash your face with facial soap then dab your face or the affected area with the vinegar or use a towel wet with hot water and queeze out the water and put a little vinegar, leave it for a couple of minutes(overnight as suggested) and it will work after a couple of days(nightly/daily application) you will see the difference.

As for my hair I have been using different shampoo before and so far there are only 2 that works on my hair: all clairol hair products & loreal vive.

Lip balm? I don't really use lip balm because as I have noticed, I have use lip balm before but my lips gets more drier as I continuesly use lip balm. Instead I just use lipstick with natural moisturizer. Most of the cosmetis I am using, it is either Loreal( eye smoker, lipstick, lipliner & color crayon etc.) or Lancome Paris(make up, skin & body moisturizer, night & day eye cream etc. lol).

Oh anything like face powder is not good for the skin as far as I know. It blocks the pores which will give you a black/white heads.
m
5% products discount

Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:38 am      Reply with quote
the typical roaccutane/accutane/isotretenoin course is 4-6 months. a 2nd course may be necessary. the skin normally continues to improve after medication has stopped. 9 months? definitely check with your doctor about this.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |