Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HOT YOGA HARD ON THE SKIN????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've started doing Bikram's hot yoga classes which I LOVE but I'm finding my face skin is really looking dry and dull after and in general lately. I think it is maybe because of the sweat/salt drying on my face?

Can anyone recommend a good spray face mist that I can spray on before and after (before I get home an wash my face) that is hydrating and that might help?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I am glad that someone posted about HOT YOGA. This is going through a read "fad" in Tokyo at the moment (at over $20 per person per class I wish that I was a HOT YOGA instructor!! Laughing) I just cannot get into the reasoning for hot yoga (as someone who does it, please please fill me in!!).. being Australian I was brought up being told that exercising in too much heat was not good for your body. I get that Yoga is good for me and I get that going to a sauna is good for me, but I cannot see how combining the two (ok, so hot yoga is not done in a sauna, but you get my drift) helps.

But back onto your question... I would recommend trying Burt's Bees Carrot Oil mist. It is very hydrating, but not "oily" as some hydrating mists can be. My only complaint is that it comes with a horrible spray, so you might want to transfer to another bottle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE hot yoga!! I have been doing it for the past three months (something like 45 classes Shock )

I haven't had a problem with my skin, in fact it has looked better than ever. I wouldn't think that atmosphere would dry your skin out because in addition to the heat, the humidity is usually pumped up to something like 60%. It may just be the sweating or even something as simple as wiping your face excessively during class. I just take a shower when I get home, I don't know that it would help you any to do something in the few minutes between class ending and you getting home. One thing you should consider is your hydration. Are you drinking enough? As you know, you sweat buckets during class, if you don't replace those fluids, you could very easily become dehydrated and THAT would show up on your skin. I usually take a liter and a half bottle of water with me to class and I drink it all.

Tiger Tim,

The idea about hot yoga is to warm up the body and make it less prone to injury. I can do postures in class (in the warm room) that I cannot do at home without pulling something. Also, it turns the yoga postures into a good cardio workout as well.

http://www.sunstoneyoga.com/FAQs/WhyYogaWorks/tabid/99/Default.aspx
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I love bikram too!! But I'm a little worried about bringing out rosacea, I'm flushed for hours after an hour long session Rolling Eyes
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
a little OT, but how much do the classes cost overseas? Tokyo is just way too expensive for me. 2400 yen per class!! Yikes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:16 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
a little OT, but how much do the classes cost overseas? Tokyo is just way too expensive for me. 2400 yen per class!! Yikes!

2400 yen!?!? That's over twice as much as I pay in the US and I'm in a "wealthy" area. I pay $10 USD for 1 hour. Maybe in a year or so when it becomes less trendy the price will go down. That stinks!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:07 am      Reply with quote
wow, I dont think you would find ANYWHERE for ANY TYPE of Yoga that cheap here.

A lot of studios charge a "joining" fee, which can range from 3000 yen to 10,000 yen (depending on how trendy the studio is), though some promote as being "free membership".

In most cases, you then buy a certain number of "tickets" to use over an extended period. The cheapest being 24,000 yen for 12 tickets (to be used over 4 months max.) - but that is STILL 2,000 yen per class. If you want to have unlimited classes during weekdays before 5pm, the charge is 15,000 yen per month. These prices cover a variety of yoga classes and also pilates, but there is no hot yoga offered. One of the cheapest schools I found still worked out to 1800 yen per class (purchasing 10 tickets at a time), but again, no hot yoga

I just struggle along with a few DVDs at home....

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
The classes here are 90 min long and if you buy a package with 20 or more classes it usually works out to about $11/hour or so.

I AM drinking enough water so that is not it. My skin did look better the first week of doing it and now not so great. Maybe it has more to do with the cold weather we are having here? A hydrating spray may help with that anyway.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
$10 a class is great! The studio that I go to has individual classes for about $18/class. You can buy packages of classes and that price goes down a bit. You can also do an unlimited membership (what I have) It is $109 a month and you can go as often as you want. This works well for me b/c I have been going 4 times a week.

Liz
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
URGH. I hate you all... Man, $18 for individual classes? $109 unlimited a month? I feel sad... Crying or Very sad Laughing

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |