Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Thank you Wildflower!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Wildflower for recommending acqua-vita. I've been looking high and low for spruce oils and fianlly tried acqua-vita. Just got off the phone with Suzanne and she was fantastic. She spent ages talking to me about the oils, their properties and how to use them. I am impressed and I haven't even received the oils yet. Thank you again for the recommendation.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
You are very welcome! Very Happy I'm so glad you found what you were looking for. Suzanne is great - very knowledgeable and friendly. Enjoy your goodies!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Wildflower, Suzanne recommednded a book that she co-authored in french but it is out of circulation. Do you by any chance have a copy of it I could take a quick look at?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Wildflower, Suzanne recommednded a book that she co-authored in french but it is out of circulation. Do you by any chance have a copy of it I could take a quick look at?

What's the name of the book? I only have her book on Hydrosols (English version). She lives in Toronto as well so if you are unable to find it, you can always ask Suzanne if you could take a look at hers (and pick up some more goodies too). Wink I can also recommend some other great books on Aromatherapy that are available.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Wildflower, the name of the book is "Aux petits maux, de bons remedes". She didn't have a copy as it had been a limited edition. She says her new book in English is coming out next year. I wanted some further info on allergies and how to use oils. I was flabbergasted to hear her tell me it's ok to take the oils orally.

Which book would you recommend?
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
i have been going to suzanne for all my hydrosols & most of my eo's for over a year...she's a wonderfully insightful person & always has time to chat & brighten my day...it's worth the 45min subway ride over each and every time.

agent 00-cat: about suzanne's comment about taking eo's orally - she clarified for me the concept of applying them neat on the skin...the reactions that people can have to neat eo's is more often than not caused by impurities from growing practices (ie. pesticides), etc. in the oils...all of suzanne's oils are organic and/or biodynamic. i would assume the same reasoning for taking then orally. eo's taken internally has been practiced in europe for ages. i wouldn't suggest that you start gulping down eo's...if you wanted to try it, i would suggest seeing a practitioner (such as suzanne) for support.

hth.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi Wildflower, the name of the book is "Aux petits maux, de bons remedes". She didn't have a copy as it had been a limited edition. She says her new book in English is coming out next year. I wanted some further info on allergies and how to use oils. I was flabbergasted to hear her tell me it's ok to take the oils orally.

Which book would you recommend?

Well since I've been getting quite a few questions about aromatherapy literature I started a new thread on it. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=166827#166827

As for taking EOs orally, you must use extreme caution. This is not something I would recommend or advertise to the general public. You really have to know what you're doing as Essential Oils are toxic substances and this is a practice that should be avoided unless you have a vast understanding of Aromatherapy or are under the care of a Professional Certified Aromatherapist who is aware of your medical history. Better to err on the side of caution I say.

While I agree that EOs can be applied neatly to the skin (I do this myself), I do not totally agree that irritation is solely caused by using poor quality oils. I only use organic, biodynamic, wildcrafted oils etc (a lot of them are actually from Acqua Vita) and I can attest to getting some adverse reactions and irritations from the oils myself. (Mostly from trial and error and experimentation) Many oils are sensitizing and highly irritating, especially if you have sensitive skin like me, so it is really best to dilute them in base oils or use them neat only very rarely if applied to the face. Reactions aren't as bad on other parts of the body as the skin is thicker. Once again I would suggest consulting a professional or referencing books by well known authors just to be safe.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
How does Acqua Vita package their oils and hydrosols - glass or plastic - and is this something that matters? Thanks!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sark, I don't know in general but my specific oils arrived in small glass bottles. HTH.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
How does Acqua Vita package their oils and hydrosols - glass or plastic - and is this something that matters? Thanks!

Their essential oils are all packaged in amber glass bottles. You should NEVER buy EOs in plastic as they can eat away at the plastic causing residue to be present in the oil and thus making it unsafe for use. EOs are also highly volatile and must be kept away from sunlight and heat. The hydrosols come in blue PVC plastic and some boutique/rare hydrosols come in blue glass bottles. You may want to call them up for more info.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)