Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

natural perfume---that lasts?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
llb
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi experts!

I wondered if anyone knew of any natural perfumes that were amazing?!?!

I'm not too keen on the chemicals in standard perfumes--plus, they give me headaches.

TIA![/img]
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I really love the perfumes by Mandy Aftel. Not only are they natural but there is just something about them that is absolutly incredible! The ones that I have tried are the Fig and Pink Lotus. Here is a link. Another great thing is that they have samples available for purchase!
http://www.aftelier.com/home.html

Now that you have me thinking about natural perfumes and I went and looked up the website I think I may have to go ahead and buy some. I actually do not have any of the Aftel perfumes right now and that is unfortunate!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I have to admit that i cannot really define where the natural parfume ends and the non-natural exactly begins but i think that JoMalone makes natural parfumes (i use the Grapefruit, the Lime-basil-mandarine and the Nectarine blossom & honey at the present) - they're quite light though.
I'm going to check out Theresa's suggestion... (again)
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried using essential oils as fragrances? I can't think of that many "natural" fragrance lines--Ecco Bella makes a few, DHC does too.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Like Lin23 said, I'm not really sure I can totally define what constitutes a "natural" perfume, but I would highly recommend the Candessence fragrances:

http://www.candessence.com/Scents.html

You can get them in spray or solid (I think she may even have them in a roll-on form), and like all her other products, Candy only uses the finest ingredients...high grade essential oils, etc. And the scent really lingers, yet it's not overpowering. I have her solid scents in Pink Sugar and Rose, and I adore them!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you wondering what exactly a "natural" perfume is take a look at the link I provided. On the left hand side you will see an option What is Natural Perfumery. HTH

lin23 the Aftel perfumes are by no means light, at least the ones that I have tried! I must say that there is something about these perfumes that I just have not experienced in others. I don't quite know how to pinpoint it. I would suggest for those that have not developed a "nose" for perfumes that these may come across as too much so I would recommend going with the samples or the mini's. In fact I will probalby end up just ordering a few samples and a mini or two instead of a full size bottle.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Like Lin23 said, I'm not really sure I can totally define what constitutes a "natural" perfume, but I would highly recommend the Candessence fragrances:

http://www.candessence.com/Scents.html

You can get them in spray or solid (I think she may even have them in a roll-on form), and like all her other products, Candy only uses the finest ingredients...high grade essential oils, etc. And the scent really lingers, yet it's not overpowering. I have her solid scents in Pink Sugar and Rose, and I adore them!

Mary Very Happy

I must agree. Smile I just received skin care items and a body spray from Candy. I am recovering from surgery and wanted a scent that would uplift me. Candy hand picked a scent she thought would be just right for me "Bergamot Mandarin." Let me tell you it is ABSOLUTELY the very best. I am going to email Candy and order this fragrance in a solid form.

I am also a big candle lover. Candy also made me a candle in this scent. OMG!!!! I have tried many high end candles. The scent and throw of Candy's candles are magnificent.

What thrills me the most is I know Candy uses the highest grade natural ingredients. Give her scents a try....you won't be sorry.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'll give another plug for Candy's products. SHe is very helpful and the products are both good and reasonably priced.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |