Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Favourite NON-TOXIC perfume :-D
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
We have a thread on toxic smelling perfume so I thought it would be great to have some non-toxic recommendations. Especially ones that are less heavy on the alcohol.

I recently went to the department stores to check out the perfumes, and 99% of the ones I spelt made me feel ill afterwards. I love to wear some nice scent, but not at the cost of making myself ill.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever sampled the Philosophy line of fragrance? They're unobstrusive as scent, and all very feminine. My favorite is Falling in Love. I've sampled Philosophy The Fragrance as well, and it's a nice lemony scent.

For a night out, I also love Very Irrestible by Givenchy. But that's very much a FRAGRANCE. It will get you noticed, which isn't so much a bad thing. Wink
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Tried BPAL?
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I second Philosophy's Falling in Love. It's my absolute favorite!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I like Philosophy's Pure Grace, but only the perfume solid form--very soapy and clean, but not nauseatingly musky like "clean" fragrances can be sometimes. But generally, I am more into smoky, sweet, woodsy frags. that stick close to me--I Profumi di Firenzi's Ambre del Nepal; Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe; Ava Luxe Turkish Vanilla. When I'm in the mood, I also like citrusy and tea scents like Demeter Earl Grey Tea PMU and L'Occitane Green Tea.

Stella McCartney's EDP is a new favorite, though I'm not normally fond of florals.

But I'm with you, cuppre, about normal department store fragrances. They tend to gross me out too. I've found that "boutique" lines tend to be more subtle and less traditionally "perfumey". I mean, I see the ads for Victor & Rolf's Flower Bomb and am immediately turned off. Who wants to smell like an explosion of flowers?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Tried BPAL?

I just discoverd them, very cool, unique scents. I havent ordered yet because Im fearing the long shipping times....

Here is the link if any one is interested:

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Apart from the essential oils and EO blends that we discussed in the toxic perfume thread, I've found Caron perfumes to be pretty light and natural.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Have you smelled child perfume? It is a handmade perfume oil, no alcohol. Yummy smelling. You can find it on beautyhabit.com.

I also love Jo Malone Orange Blossom but the perfume is high in alcohol, not what you're looking for. You could use the body cream though, the body cream fragrance lasts longer anyway.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Can't find much I like lately. Sad
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:12 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Sharkbait wrote:
Tried BPAL?

I just discoverd them, very cool, unique scents. I havent ordered yet because Im fearing the long shipping times....

Here is the link if any one is interested:

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

Ah, forgot the link, I´m such a ditz.
Anyway, BPAL has he most wonderful scents, and you should be able to find numerous favorites (the problem is to stop buying Embarassed ) I´m mostly into the clean aquatics myself, foodie type scents are usually too heavy on me. But Beth has so many fantastic scents.

For those who worry about the waiting time: check out the forum on bpal.org and the sale/swap section. It´s like Pokemon for grown women. Bad Grin
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:57 am      Reply with quote
For some reason, I am so taken with Bath & Body Works "Warm Vanilla Sugar" scent even though I had a prior bad "vanilla" experience (see toxic fragrance thread). I suppose its because WVS is a soft authentic-smelling vanilla. I wear the lotion and have just now found out they have a limited edition perfume out (they also have an EDT). I WANT I WANT I WANT! Laughing

WVS is comforting and, well, warm smelling! I think its perfect for fall and winter. I also like Pink Sugar by Aquolina (sp?) - everytime I wear it people go "Do you smell cotton candy?" and I always have to say "Oh, its just me!" So I guess I like "foody" fragrances.

I also LOVE Lolita Lempicka but it just doesn't stay with me. Other favorites have been St. John, Chanel Mademoiselle, Cartier's Panthere - I could go on!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you providing me so many recommendations! Please keep them coming since I am sure there are quite alot of us who are looking for new and different perfumes.

I have heard of Bpal before, but I always shied away because of the description. Gothic? Not me unless I am going clubbing Laughing . For those who have purchased Bpal, what are some of your favourites and what do they smell like to you?

Must check out Jo Malone! We actually have a counter here in Sydney.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Of the BPALs I´ve tried I keep reaching for Sea of Glass, House of Mirrors, Tempest, Shanghai, Amsterdam and Neo Tokyo. These are all light, crisp scents.

Some blends can be heavy, goth-type I guess, but there´s so many categories of scents I cannot imagine you not finding something you like. On bpal.org there´s an extensive reviews section to browse as well. I find the theme really cute, and I´m not goth by any standards. Smile
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I also like Shadow & Light bodysprays. They are a healthfood store brand. However, once I discovered that the bodyspray has HA in it, I became much less profligate with it, and now save it to spray on my face Laughing .
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just thought of one that I've gotten compliments on, it's Lolia Breathe..
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I don't think I have ever heard of Shadow & Light, but it sounds so intriguing! HA in perfume? Very Happy

Thank you for the recs Sharkbait! I went and browsed for quite a while on BPAL...but sadly I am still having difficulties understanding the system and the links. As perfume oils...do you just dab it onto the skin?
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Yep, you just dab a small amount of oil on. As for the website, it might be confusing with al the categories as they´re themes rather than actually having to do with the smell of the oils, but the descriptions of the scents are generally quite good. It took me a long time to figure out what I could wear (no jasmine or musks for me), as the oils react to your body chemistry making the scent rather unique on different people. But I´ve had so much fun sampling and swapping on the forum,- I really do understand why kids get carried away with trading cards and the like. Smile
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the instruction Sharkbait! This reminds me of my first perfume, Oceanus by Body Shop. Pretty sure I still have it somewhere though i doubt it would be wearable.

What is the best way to start trying some of BPAL stuff? Particularly as I am based in Australia and I have nothing to swap with. Should I just try the imps? How long does an imp last for if used everyday?

Sharkbait wrote:
Yep, you just dab a small amount of oil on. As for the website, it might be confusing with al the categories as they´re themes rather than actually having to do with the smell of the oils, but the descriptions of the scents are generally quite good. It took me a long time to figure out what I could wear (no jasmine or musks for me), as the oils react to your body chemistry making the scent rather unique on different people. But I´ve had so much fun sampling and swapping on the forum,- I really do understand why kids get carried away with trading cards and the like. Smile
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
You know, there´s quite a few aussies on the forum, so might want to register, make an intro post mentioning what kind of scents you like and the girls can come up with tons of suggestions, and you might very well find aussies to buy from or swap with.
I´ve limited myself to the fresh-type scents, so I´m not really qualified to give advice, but the girls are extremely knowledgeable about scents, and will easily give you a long list of things t try. And yes, I thing imps are the way to go. It depends on whether you slather yourself with oil or apply sparingly, but I´d say an imp lasts a good few weeks if worn everyday. (It´s 1/32 oz of oil, I think).

If you´d like, I´d be happy to send you a few imps to try?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I have just registered, and when it is not my bedtime I will go and introduce myself. I am called cuppre on there as well! wave

I guess I am confused about the site because it doesn't list by scent types, but rather by stories. I will definitely take your advice and ask for some recommendations, including yours Very Happy.

Thank you for your generous offer, I really appreciate that.

Sharkbait wrote:
You know, there´s quite a few aussies on the forum, so might want to register, make an intro post mentioning what kind of scents you like and the girls can come up with tons of suggestions, and you might very well find aussies to buy from or swap with.
I´ve limited myself to the fresh-type scents, so I´m not really qualified to give advice, but the girls are extremely knowledgeable about scents, and will easily give you a long list of things t try. And yes, I thing imps are the way to go. It depends on whether you slather yourself with oil or apply sparingly, but I´d say an imp lasts a good few weeks if worn everyday. (It´s 1/32 oz of oil, I think).

If you´d like, I´d be happy to send you a few imps to try?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |