Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

reaction to vitamin c after over a month?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody experienced this?
I started using PSF 12% in late august - my first ever vitamin C serum. I loved it. I used the whole bottle, and ordered another. About a month ago, I developed a lot of underground bumps on my skin, and in general my skin was pretty angry looking. I attributed this to experimenting with some decleor oils. So for the past three weeks I have used exclusively pevonia RS2 cleanser and toner, the enzyme spheride cream, and sunscreen. My skin has calmed down beautifully. I added back my vitamin C on monday, and by wednesday I had more little bumps starting on my forehead! I know some people have trouble with vitamin C, but I used it and loved the results for about 6 wks. Any thoughts?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
elizasue I have had horrible problems with whiteheads/milia since I have been using C serums. While I can't specifically attribute them to the C serums since I have changed other things as well, I do feel that the C serums are at least part of the problem. I used both the ISC Proheal and 15% C and right now I am using the SkinMedica C Complex and hope that switching to this one will help. I have a feeling that the other C serums were overdrying and slightly irritating my skin and that this was why they were causing problems. The SkinMedica has less ascorbic acid, 10% and is in a non-drying base. I am really hoping that this works!

Is your skin sensitive by any chance?
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa - my skin is the poster child for sensitive! Plus I have rosacea. But, I am acne prone and oily. What a combo! Sad
I liked the initial results I got from the vitamin C well enough to try some other brands, it just puzzles me cause it took so long for negative things to start happening. Let me know how the skin medica works out for you.
Thanks!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
elizasue I don't have rosacea but our skin types sound very similar. I have the added benefit of dehydrated skin though! Sad It actually took a while for my skin to start developing the bumps too. Maybe it takes a while for the irritation or whatever is happening to accumulate to the point where problems start to happen? I really don't know though. I will update on the SkinMedica. I would so like to be able to use a C serum!
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
How odd... I also got bumps such as this along my brow bone after using PSF Phyto Lift Cranberry eye cream... apparantly it's very uncommon as well.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
The weird thing about allergies is that one can develop them at ANYTIME!! How frustrating for us skin care junkies with sensitive/reactive skin!!!! Mad

So it could be that you have developed a reaction to the Vitamin C. Sorry to hear and hope you find something to replace it. I've never had such luck!

Lisa
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
my skin didn't like the Cellex C High potency serum..
Put it on in the morning and by the time I got home after work, my forehead was full of tiny tiny bumps. Tried it again on another day a couple weeks later..and same results. And it was quite drying, so my skin instead of a glow...my skin looked dehydrated.

Very disappointed.. fortunately, I was trying the sample, not a full size bottle.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |