Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: HUGEST RAVE EVER: Yonka Emulsion Pure
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I know, I know, I've sung the praises of this particular product before. But, it's just so good, I feel like it deserves another review. I use Emulsion Pure basically as an acne serum. You can use it as an all-over toner if you want, but the most common way to use it is to soak a piece of gauze and hold it on your blemish for 15-20 min or so.

Anyway, as most of you ladies know, I went off of birth control pills a few months ago, and my skin has been going nuts as my body re-balances its hormones. With the help of some great natural products (mostly Zenbiotic and Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel) and a handful of products from my dermatologist, my face is finally under control. My body, however, is another story. I've been getting serious body break outs for the first time in my life. However, I just don't have the time, energy, or money to treat every inch of my body proactively the way I've been treating my face, so I've been treating body break outs as they come and trying to just not worry about them. That being said, the other day I got two of the biggest, most swollen, painful monsters ever, one on my shoulder, and one at the base of my neck. In desperation I had my husband try to extract them, and that made things 10X worse. Finally, I soaked the pads of two bandaids with Emulsion Pure and went to bed. When I woke up, it was like a miracle had happened--- the redness was all gone, and the swelling had gone down 90%. My husband is super skeptical of all beauty products, but when he saw how much they had improved, HE asked if he could start using my EP.

As an added bonus, the smell of EP is pretty much the best smell on the planet, as far as I'm concerned--- it's a wonderful, de-stressing blend of essential oils. The morning after I woke up, I was going about my morning business, and I kept getting a whiff of essential oils and it made me feel so calm, but I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from... until I realized it was the EP, lingering on my skin. Honestly, I think I'm going to start wearing this stuff on my wrists as perfume.

Now here's the downside, at least for me. This stuff contains castor oil, which I just happen to be allergic to. However, I was really desperate when I got those two aforementioned monster zits, which is why I used it anyway. Sure enough, a few days after I used it, I got two scaly patches where the band-aids were... but the zits were long gone, so it was SO worth it!!! Luckily for me, Carekate is blending me a castor oil-free version, so I can now use this stuff at will--- hooray!!! Carekate's version is SO affordable, so if anyone is curious about this product, I highly recommend ordering a bottle from Carekate. Of course I will report back after I've tried the new (improved!!) castor oil-free version. (Thanks a million, Carekate!!!)

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Yonka Emulsion Pure (50 ml / 1.69 floz)
Yonka Emulsion Pure (50 ml / 1.69 floz)

This oil-alcohol-free infusion offers amazing antiinflammatory and rejuvenating properties.

loveskincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz,

Thanks for the review. This is something that I need.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
As another LOVER Of this product I MUST add i LUUURRVVEE the tingly feeling I get when I compress. I can feel it working to kill the bacteria. I use it mainly after extractions (success or failures) and it really really helps prevent any infections or scars that MAY occur. I also used it on my mom when she accidentally burned herself cooking, and she told me the pain subsided after 1-2 compresses, so it's a multi-purpose product you'd LOVE to have in your arsenal.

manslayerliz: I'm always afraid of using bandaid on my face as the sticky stuff on it might irritate my skin, especially the friction caused when pulling off. Or it might cause blocked pores from the stickiness - how do you go about that?
I've been cutting up my cotton pads which is 2 sided and one side is quilted like gauze. I find it more economic than using real gauze, cotton adheres better naturally on my skin as well. But once my skin sucks up the liquid and the cotton becomes dry it just falls off so no way of being able to use it overnight. Do you think surgical tape would work?
Oh, and OT - what did you think of the Escents acne gel? It is still working for me on keeping me clear - I'm very close Very Happy I'm on my 3rd jar - I use up a jar each month Confused Would love to hear your feedback.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sormuimui- actually, I too get nervous about putting bandaids on my face (although I'm thinking that those thick, spongy ones would be better since they aren't so sticky...), so I use the bandaids for my body, and then just the gauze compresses on my face.

As for the Escents blemish gel, I'm liking it a lot! I need to do further testing though before a full review--- will keep you posted! Thanks for the great rec!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
update: last night my husband had two REALLY swollen ingrowns on his leg... he had been badgering them, but they were so deep that extraction was impossible, and they were just hurting a lot. SO, I soaked the pad of a big bandaid in this magic potion, slapped it on them, and lo and behold, when my husband woke up this morning not only had the redness and swelling gone down, but they had both come to a head so he was able to extract them quickly and easily. Thank you, Emulsion Pure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
As I told Liz just yesterday, and I quote:

Isn’t Emulsion Pure just the greatest thing in the world?! I’ve bragged about its wonders many times on the forum, but I know most people can’t believe that anything can literally stop one of those “Mt Vesuvius” type of bumps in its tracks.

My son was getting those on his chin and forehead for a while and for days he’d try to “pop” the zits but they weren’t ready so all he did was make them even more red and inflammed. I made him try an EP compress on them and the next day they had all but faded into oblivion or immediately were drawn to a head so he could extract the ‘core’ so naturally he was suitably impressed with his mom’s “superior knowledge.”

I actually had one of those type bumps on the top of my cheekbone yesterday that appeared at of nowhere. When I got home I applied an EP bandaid/compress and took a nap and when I got up, I popped it then applied another EP bandaid before I went to bed and when I woke up there was hardly any red mark left to show where it had been! Absolutely miraculous stuff.

About the bandaid compresses: I don’t have any problems with the sticky residue on my face, but A) I use “extra gentle” bandaids for sensitive skin so the adhesive isn’t as harsh, and B) I have the hide of a rhino on my face, anyway, so it’s moot point....

Anyway, instead of surgical tape, you might try a first aid tape made of paper for extra-sensitive skin. This kind of tape is EXTREMELY gentle – no “ouchies” even when you’re removing it from a “hairy” area like your arms or legs (my son’s hairy legs, not mine!) when typical bandaids or first aid tape feels just like getting a leg-wax! You can find this type of first aid tape in the band-aid/first aisle at the drugstore or supermarket – just look for “sensitive skin” and/or “paper tape” on the packaging.

Also, instead of using gauze or a cotton pad, I use a bit of paper towel or tissue to make my “compress” because the gauze and/or cotton is too absorbent so it “drinks” up the Emulsion Pure liquid so quickly that you have to saturate the pad (and therefore waste some of the precious fluid) to get enough to last if you’re planning to leave the compress on longer than a few minutes and the stuff is too bloody expensive to waste...of course, that’s not a concern with my homemade version because it’s so bargain-priced! Wink Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
alright you three.. Now you've done it. I've added it to my buy list. I would much rather buy from you Carekate, but u're SOOOOOO busy and swamped..

I wonder if I can use it on the stubborn underground bumps/whiteheads that have been stuck on cheek for well over a month.... If not for these annoying bumps, I would say I'm almost 70% better...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recs carekate! I really did mean the paper-type tape, except I didn't know what it's called so "surgical tape" it becomes! Laughing I gotta try compressing overnight on those darn cysts that never come to head for a while.

amaska: I've never tried it on whiteheads but my guess is it might bring the "seed" up faster for extracting. For me whiteheads never go away unless I extract them because the clogged pore just stays in and requires extra pressure to get out even when it's ready to come out.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
amaska: I've never tried it on whiteheads but my guess is it might bring the "seed" up faster for extracting. For me whiteheads never go away unless I extract them because the clogged pore just stays in and requires extra pressure to get out even when it's ready to come out.
Ditto. EP will soften the tough skin covering those whiteheads so that you will be able to extract the seed as easily as that of a blackhead plug.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Sounds as potent as prescription topical antibiotics. Looks like i got to get me some. I know they're both made up of different blends of essential oils, but I was just wondering how does this compare to Yonka Juvenil, in terms of effectiveness. Anyone know?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Sounds as potent as prescription topical antibiotics. Looks like i got to get me some. I know they're both made up of different blends of essential oils, but I was just wondering how does this compare to Yonka Juvenil, in terms of effectiveness. Anyone know?

Juvenil just makes me purge, I mix it with my Creme 15 to use it up. Juvenil didn't work for me but EP is a staple and always will be. They're also different products as Juvenil is more of a daily acne treatment while EP is more of an intensive treatment that you use when necessary. Juvenil cannot do what EP does, I never saw Juvenil as something that'd help after extractions and never really saw it to be healing either. So in conclusion they're different products but I'd definitely go for EP as I think EP is more effective in the overall battle of acne. HTH
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sormuimui! So you use Yonka EP to spot treat and Escents as a preventative (judging by how many you've used up already Laughing )?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use EP only after extractions, it's basically a liquid so I can't really apply it to spot treat other than doing compresses and since I haven't figured out a good way to leave them overnight, I only use it when I know I have 20 minutes or so of sitting around studying or reading so the compresses don't fall off. I use the Escents as my acne treatment - I use it all over thus I guess it's both a preventative and spot treatment. I've been using it up so quickly is because apart from slathering it all over 2x daily and I will use it to spot treat after using an EP compress to further kill bacteria and heal. Sometimes I might even dab some Valmont Dermatosic on the area. My skin gets irritated and my acne gets inflamed easily so if I have the time I do what I can after extractions. The escents is comfrey gel based so I'm not worried about it drying my skin out.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Again, thanks for clarifying, Sormuimui! Sounds like you have a serious acne-fighting arsenal. I am definitely looking into Yonka EP when I run out of my prescription stuff. This thing sounds so good I can't wait to get one huge ugly monster on my chin just to test it out...kidding. Silenced
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:24 am      Reply with quote
i also wanted to remind people of the Yonka Toner for oily skin (wish i had the ingredients to see if it had castor oil but i tossed it). it's like a diluted EP and comes in a spray bottle. it has really helped me nip spots in the bud and lessen the redness. it doesn't work on the underground cystic kind, just the little annoying guys that pop up. i've started spraying my face lightly after i wash instead of just thermal water and it works nicely. it's also helped prevent ingrown hairs when i apply it after shaving. i imagine a diluted spritzer can be made of carekate's version, non?
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok... Yesterday morning, I woke up with a huge bump on the corner of my right eyelid. (very unsightly!) There was also a small pimple on the right cheek and tiny bump on the left cheek. I was desparate to get rid of them..so I went out and bought myself a bottle of EP.

As soon as I got home, I did a test patch on one pimple for 30 minutes. No allergic reaction. So that night, I cut up a cotton pad into tiny squares, put it on some first aid tape, soaked the pads with EP and applied to all three areas. I hoped that when I wake up in the morning, the bumps will be much smaller or come to a head...

So the results this morning??!

The tiny pimple on right cheek did come to a head. Great! BUT..I also have square patch of skin that is pink and red! It doesn't feel itchy or irritated though. Just looks absolutely ridiculous.

The bump on the left cheek...remains exactly the same..with a red square around it..

The monster on the eyelid is swollen and pink. I don't know if the EP did anything for it....

Does the fact that my skin turned red from the EP mean that I'm allergic to it??? Or did I not apply it correctly? Rolling Eyes

Anyways... I had to take a day off work today..the red square patch on my cheeks are just too obvious and silly.. Even my fiance asked me why I would do this to myself! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
amaska wrote:
Ok... Yesterday morning, I woke up with a huge bump on the corner of my right eyelid. (very unsightly!) There was also a small pimple on the right cheek and tiny bump on the left cheek. I was desparate to get rid of them..so I went out and bought myself a bottle of EP.

As soon as I got home, I did a test patch on one pimple for 30 minutes. No allergic reaction. So that night, I cut up a cotton pad into tiny squares, put it on some first aid tape, soaked the pads with EP and applied to all three areas. I hoped that when I wake up in the morning, the bumps will be much smaller or come to a head...

So the results this morning??!

The tiny pimple on right cheek did come to a head. Great! BUT..I also have square patch of skin that is pink and red! It doesn't feel itchy or irritated though. Just looks absolutely ridiculous.

The bump on the left cheek...remains exactly the same..with a red square around it..

The monster on the eyelid is swollen and pink. I don't know if the EP did anything for it....

Does the fact that my skin turned red from the EP mean that I'm allergic to it??? Or did I not apply it correctly? Rolling Eyes

Anyways... I had to take a day off work today..the red square patch on my cheeks are just too obvious and silly.. Even my fiance asked me why I would do this to myself! Rolling Eyes

My guess is either an allergic reaction to the EP *or* to the First Aid tape you used to hold the compress/es in place.

To find out for sure, secure a bit of the tape to the inside of your elbow (where the nurse sticks you to draw blood) -- one of the most sensitive places on the body -- and see if you react similarly.

If it's not the tape, then it's likely the EP -- perhaps you're allergic to the castor oil like ManSlayerLiz? If so, mayhap you want to try the homemade recipe but substitute another oil (i.e.: grapeseed) for the castor oil. And then make sure to test it on an inconspicious place (inside elbow?!) before you apply to your face again, just to make sure....

Hope you kept your receipt! Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I must be allergic to the EP, but not the castor oil, because I use the Zenbiotic cleanser which contains caster oil and have not had any problems. And I'm not allergic to the tape because the area of the skin in contact with the tape isn't red..just the area in contact with the soaked cotton is red..

Ah.. so disappointed.

Hopefully, I can get my money back.. or at least a credit of some sort...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
amaska wrote:
I must be allergic to the EP
Then it must be one or more of the EOs in it. The way to determine that would be to do a sort of allergy patch test where you apply a drop of each EO (diluted in carrier oil) to your inner arm and see which reacts....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE:
Monday evening: DH brings my package from carekate in from the mailbox. "This package smells like that Emulsion Pure stuff!" he says. Nice.
Wednesday night before bed: Skin looks good. Excellent, can rest easy tonight.
Thursday morning: Argh! I seem to have grown a third eye, right in the middle of my forehead. Not to worry, I can extract that sucker... OK, annoying blemish officially extracted... now for the bad news: a full third of my forehead is now red and swollen, darn it! I quickly make an EP compress using my new castor oil-free EP from carekate. I absent-mindedly hold it to the middle of my forehead while I browse EDS with my free hand.
Thursday morning, 15 minutes later: Redness reduced 90%, swelling reduced 95%. No, more like 98%. Three cheers for carekate's EP!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Heck, yes! I got my regular version from Carrie on Tuesday, and that lovely ingrown hair/monster I had on my eyebrow is now gone!

I´m so keeping this stuff around forever and ever. It´s a friggin miracle!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
With the greatest regret, adds carekate's EP on her ever growing list of lemmings.

*shakes fist at all those who have posted on this thread* My piggie bank is dying here.
Laughing
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I buy the professional size of Emulsion Pure and mix it with filtered water to make my own toner. It lasts forever and you can also adjust the strength, which you can't do with the Yonka Lotion.

I have a question about the Castor Oil, though. I see it in a lot of Yonka products and am wondering if it is a pore-clogging ingredient? I'd hate to part with all my Yonka!

I'm thinking of starting Obagi, but would like to eventually incorporate Yonka back in when I'm in maintanence stage.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've gotten lazy with the compress method (especially since I can only hold on one compress at a time), and I've just started using EP directly by dabbing it onto wet skin (moist from zenbiotic toner, o2, and phyto) wherever I have a blemish, an old blemish mark, or areas that tend to get blemishes. I have to say, I don't think this works any worse than the compress method - I still get a bit of a tingle, the marks still seem to be fading pretty well, and this way I don't feel like I'm wasting all of the product by having it just dry up in a cotton ball. Is there a reason not to use it this way? I was also wondering if perhaps the EP could be transferred to a spray bottle . . .
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
sark - I use Carekate's version of Yonka Emulsion (Carekate's Bump Blasting Serum). On the first few pimples I did the compress thing but one day I didn't have time and just rubbed a drop on my bump - in a few hours the redness and swelling was dramatically improved. I now do this method because it's just faster. I notice that I no longer need to do the compress. Some days I'll also rub a drop of two around my forehead or nose if I feel oily.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |