Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dry hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
question for you hair stylist' out there. Is there a good hair product or products that gives your hair back the moisture. I have been growing my hair and have stopped dying it. But its so dry especially the ends. I wish it would grow faster aswell. Any advice??? Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well it depends on what it's dry from. Dehydrated hair needs something different than damaged hair. If it's simply dehydrated from lack of sebum you could try some hot oil treatments and damp bunning (if it's long enough). If it's damaged from the dying you'll most likely need protein treatments and frequent micro trims.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Here is a thread with some favourite moisturising treatments:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17325

As far as the growing hair goes, I am a Louise Marie Longhairs girl and I won't ever go back, my hair is better than it has ever been. But LML is not for everyone, it is a very big commitment.

There was another thread somewhere that had lots of advice on growing hair... I can't find it right now though. But if you search the forum I know there are plenty of threads with good hair advice.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Triple Moisture is fantastic. I like/ have used everything in the line except the shampoo. The silk- touch leave in creme is the only stylingproduct you need as you can blow out your hair with it, or style it curly. It really nourishes your hair to the tips. And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I know you're trying to grow out your hair, but sometimes dry/damaged hair cannot really be replaced. You can patch it up with a DT or put products on it, but ultimately cutting/trimming is the best. Now I don't know exactly why your ends are dry, it could just be that you need a better conditioner. If that's the case I would do some sort of a deep conditioning at least once a week. There's a recipe on here that says to use half wheat germ oil and half shea butter and leave it in over night. It works wonder, but the smell is another issue.

I'd also look at the ingredients of the products you're currently using. There could be ingredients that your hair just doesn't take well too, therefore it's drying it out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
My hair is dry but my scalp is oily. I have not been able to find a product that could make my scalp less oily but not dry out my hair!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
try Paul Mitchell Leave in conditioner.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
You may need a protein treatment and/or a moisturizer. What type of hair do you have?

I have chemically treated, highlighted, super fine hair.

For protein treatment I use ApHogee. I also use restructurizers by Loma and Kerastase. For deep moisturizing I use Kerastase and hot oils like coconut and olive.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
A mixture of honey and coconut oil is lovely.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MarciaNZ, I have naturally curly hair so it tends to run dry. No matter what product I have used be it drugstore or salon brand, at the end of the day it felt dry and crisp javascript:emoticon('Sad')
Sad until I discovered THE BEST!!! stuff for my hair.

It's a relatively new line called SUDZZ FX. Sulfate free, all of their shampoos and conditioners treat all 3 areas where hair loses it's moisture. I've been using this since August and it's my HG for conditioner. Expensive but I really can use just a quarter size dollop of conditioning on my hair AND IT WORKS!

Best of luck to you,
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)