Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review for BestBathStore.com --- Organic Products!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Even though I'm pretty satisfied with my routine right now, I'm always up for trying organic, paraben-free products, so when a link popped up at MUA for free samples at BestBathStore.com, I was totally there. You can get 3 VERY generous sample bottles there for free, you just have to pay a few bucks for shipping. A lot of their products looked great, but I tried their toner, acne serum, and under-eye treatment, so those are the products I'm reviewing today.

Pore-Refining Facial Toner: Pros- LOVE the ingredients list, and I found the toner itself to be ultra-hydrating. Cons- The smell was awful, quite possibly the worst I've smelled. It literally smelled like vomit! Even my husband commented... Embarassed So, while the product itself was pretty good, I'll be sticking with Zenbiotic Oxytoner for sure. Ingredients: Distilled Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Rose Hydrosol, Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin B, Kombuchka, Comfrey Extract, Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 80, Black Willowbark Extract, Allantoin, Yarrow Essential Oil & Rosemary Oleoresin Extract.

Acne Treatment Gel: Again, the ingredients list looked so good (manuka honey?? yes!!), but the smell was not very appealing. Not nearly as bad as the toner, mind you, but not so appealing either. Also, there are some mysterious brown specks in it that can show up on your skin, so it's better to use it as a night treatment. That being said, it seems like a very nice, gentle acne serum. I'll need to do more testing to really figure out its power in terms of acne fighting, but overall I liked it and am considering getting a full-size bottle to have DH rub it into my back every night to fight the dreaded bacne. (It comes in a 4 oz bottle-- rather generous) Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera, Helichrysum Hydrosol, Comfrey Infused Witch Hazel, Extracts of Red Clover and Burdock Root, Manuka Honey, Manuka Oil, Xanthum Gum, Helichrysum & Litsea Cubeba Essential Oils

Intensive Under Eye Treatment: I do wish that this product were less expensive, because I absolutely 110% fell in love with it!! It has a light rose petal/lavender scent, and the texture is just like silk--- ultra-hydrating but never greasy. Just a little goes a long way too, so luckily I'll be able to live off of my sample for a while, but once it runs out I def. plan to order it. Ingredients: Rose Bulgarian Hydrosol, Helichrysum Hydrosol, Rosehip Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Raw Shea Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil, CO2 Combo, Caffeine Vitamin E, Caffeine, Ester C, Vitamin K, Xanthum Gum, Helichrysum, Rose and Lavender Essential Oils.

If anyone else has sampled any of these products, I'd be very interested to hear your reactions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
just placed my order of samples, only 2 dollars. Thanks.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Which samples did you choose?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
manuka honey?

manslayerliz - is that a special kind of honey for acne?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615, I don't know everything about Manuka honey, but I've read a lot about it--- it supposedly has antibacterial properties AND helps promote new tissue growth, so it's definitely a good weapon in the skincare arsenal, IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:00 am      Reply with quote
"Bacne" Laughing oh dear I really feel for you Liz.. I went through this myself for almost 5 years and still have stubborn scarring on my back that will probably take another 5 to go away.

I love how they use helichrysum extract and hydrosol! It is the infamous "Imortelle" plant of L'Occtaine fame.. rather expensive too.

Qisme615 - honey in general has antiseptic and enzymatic properties, but manuka with Unique Manuka Factor "UMF" of 5+ is supposed to be highly antiseptic and is used in sterile wound dressings.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz -
Just wanted to let you know, a couple of months ago I ordered Gentle Clean (liquid soap) from Skin Biology mainly for use of my face, well it was much too drying for my face so I started using it on my body, within a week my "bacne" was completely clear! I mean it! It was amazing. It is only $14 per bottle and to me totally worth it, I'll never use any other soap again.
Just an FYI.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Amylola- thanks for the tip!!

Update: In the general discussion section I posted some discount codes for BBS if anyone is considering making an order!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz & miranets - thank you for answering my question. always learning new things here.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz, I choose exactly same sample as yours. But, I am still waiting for the package. hopefully, it will arrive soon. I can't wait to try it...
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think! I'm still really enjoying the acne serum-- will write a more detailed review soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Manslayerliz -
Just wanted to let you know, a couple of months ago I ordered Gentle Clean (liquid soap) from Skin Biology mainly for use of my face, well it was much too drying for my face so I started using it on my body, within a week my "bacne" was completely clear! I mean it! It was amazing. It is only $14 per bottle and to me totally worth it, I'll never use any other soap again.
Just an FYI.

Amylola, I was on skinbiology.com and came across this product which got me back on EDS to search for any post about it. So glad to find yours. Do you normally have oily or dry skin? I have dry skin, and was wondering if this will be too drying for me as well. It sounded good on their web site, but I'd rather hear from someone on EDS who used it.
bestbathstore
5% products discount

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
*removed by moderator*
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz, Thank you for the link. Go get ‘em, gals!” Wink
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the eyecream as well. The acne gel didn't do anything for me..it may have caused more irritation. They also sent me some sample..forgot..some kind of hair product.. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I'm off now to check them out...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |