Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HUGE RAVE!!! - Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot remember the last time I have been so happy with a product!! I suffer from oily eyelids, so I generally forego eyeshadow because I can't stand the creasing and the greasy sheen I always end up getting. I have used Benefit's F Y Eye, and it's decent, but I still end up with some creasing by midday.
Last week I picked up Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I'd seen it mentioned on here a few times and saw a Sephora employee give my friend a demonstration, so I thought what the heck, I'll try it. I gave it the ultimate test. On Halloween I dressed up as a vampire for work, and I wanted to wear very dark, gothic eye makeup. I prepped with the Urban Decay, let it set while I dried my hair, then HEAVILY applied black sparkly eye shadow. This was at 7am. I did not do a single touch up, and by the time I removed my makeup at 11pm that night, I still had ZERO creasing, and absolutely no oiliness whatsoever.
AWESOME, AWESOME PRODUCT!!! Very Happy
I can wear eyeshadow again!! Whee!!!!! Razz
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I wish EDS would carry UD in the future. I have been lusting after the primer and their incredible eye paletts for sometme now, and the only way I can get my hands on it is through sephora online. Is there any canadians ordered from sephora online before?
babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I second this rave.

I've never really used an eye primer but read so much about this one product I tried it in my last sephora order........awesome

My eye shadow not only lasted longer but looked like the actual color I was applying, makes your eye makeup look so much better..
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
This definitely a product that has a cult following. I love it, too. THe only things I don't like about it is it can make my eyelids looks crinkly and dry if I don't moisturize, and I don't care for the applicator. It's too globby. I usually smooth it on with a finger tip. The actual product, though, is wonderful. I don't know how I ever applied eyemakeup before I had it! Laughing
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I third this product as well!! Razz I really like UD products and their eye shadows are awesome! And they have such vibrant colours to choose from.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, me too, I bought this earlier this year because of all the raves and because I needed something that would hold up to hot humid weather.

I love how easy it blends and no color. Must say though, when I want to even the skintone on my lids I love the e/s primer from J.Lynne. It's thicker than UD but has a light taupe color which is great for adding sort of a base color.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Reviving an old thread because I finally broke down and tried this. I was put off by the price but from what I understand, this tube of primer potion will last several months. And if you remove the little circular insert at the top of the tube when it appears that it's all gone, you should have enough left in there for another month.

I always thought I'd just have to live with the fact that my eyeshadow will crease after 6-7 hours of wear but this product truly lives up to the claim. I had a very long day last weekend. Put on my makeup at 7 am and it was still going strong at midnight. I only had to touch up my face, very cool. I do find that unless I use an excellant, hydrating eyecream prior to using this, lids will look kind of crinkly.

Great stuff!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Athena123, I completely agree with your review. I have been using this product for about 6 months now and it really does effect the staying power of your eye make-up.

I am interested in seeing how well it holds up this summer when the temps get high.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I quit using this because it made my eyelids look crinkly and old. Maybe I'll give it another try, but apply an eye moisturizing creme first.

I read somewhere that a woman cut open her U.D. primer potion container when it appeared completely empty. She found a ton of product clinging to the insides. She scraped it out into a little sample jar and had enough left for 2 months of use. I wouldn't make the effort myself, but knowing that this is the case annoys me. I hate wasteful containers like that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I quit using this because it made my eyelids look crinkly and old. Maybe I'll give it another try, but apply an eye moisturizing creme first.

I read somewhere that a woman cut open her U.D. primer potion container when it appeared completely empty. She found a ton of product clinging to the insides. She scraped it out into a little sample jar and had enough left for 2 months of use. I wouldn't make the effort myself, but knowing that this is the case annoys me. I hate wasteful containers like that.

I had that effect as well. I prefer a mac paintpot for priming, but I know tons of girls that rave about the UD primer potion.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I dust a little loose powder over the primer potion...currently using some Vincent Longo and Laura Mercier.

Works like a charm on my oily, oily eyelids! Wink

V
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Have you all seen this?

http://dblacknessmac.blogspot.com/2008/01/udpp-has-been-holdin-out.html

I did this with one I was about to throw out because I thought it was all gone. I filled up THREE empty Everyday Minerals sample jars with what I got out after cutting it open.
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the urban decay primer from sephora as well. My eyeshadow creased on me after 3 hours, but I think maybe I need to let the primer set before I apply my eyeshadow.
Nymue wrote:
I cannot remember the last time I have been so happy with a product!! I suffer from oily eyelids, so I generally forego eyeshadow because I can't stand the creasing and the greasy sheen I always end up getting. I have used Benefit's F Y Eye, and it's decent, but I still end up with some creasing by midday.
Last week I picked up Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I'd seen it mentioned on here a few times and saw a Sephora employee give my friend a demonstration, so I thought what the heck, I'll try it. I gave it the ultimate test. On Halloween I dressed up as a vampire for work, and I wanted to wear very dark, gothic eye makeup. I prepped with the Urban Decay, let it set while I dried my hair, then HEAVILY applied black sparkly eye shadow. This was at 7am. I did not do a single touch up, and by the time I removed my makeup at 11pm that night, I still had ZERO creasing, and absolutely no oiliness whatsoever.
AWESOME, AWESOME PRODUCT!!! Very Happy
I can wear eyeshadow again!! Whee!!!!! Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
Have you all seen this?

http://dblacknessmac.blogspot.com/2008/01/udpp-has-been-holdin-out.html

I did this with one I was about to throw out because I thought it was all gone. I filled up THREE empty Everyday Minerals sample jars with what I got out after cutting it open.

Cool link, my sushi secret. I love UDPP and had heard you could get extra product out by cutting the tube open but I had no clue there would be so much left inside. I will definitely be trying this.

I haven't had trouble with my shadows creasing or looking crinkly with the UDPP like some others have. I just use a very thin layer and then let it set for a couple minutes before applying my shadows.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Love this! Only product that has ever succeeded in keeping on my eyeshadow all day. Before, I had really oily lids and eyeshadow would slide right off after about 2 hours.
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds great..now I need to get it! Always looking for a primer for my shadows.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
NJ wrote:
I bought the urban decay primer from sephora as well. My eyeshadow creased on me after 3 hours, but I think maybe I need to let the primer set before I apply my eyeshadow.

You're right NJ- let it dry [about 30 seconds] before applying e/s and it'll stay put.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
hey all, i found UDPP didnt do much for me (just made my shadows harder to blend) but i've found that using my sofina rise uv spf50 around my eyes really makes my eyeshadows vibrant and last all day! makes sense since it's an spf and makeup primer/moisturizer (so it's gentle enough to use around the eyes) in one Very Happy just a note for any of you who might find udpp doesn't really do anything for you Smile
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great info on this product, and the tip from "Clump Mascara"
With warmer days ahead of us (I hope) and "sliding away" make-up days , I DO want to give this a try.
Anyone know where to get this in the Vancouver B.C. area??
Sharklover
5% products discount

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I NEED this!! Can you only get it online thru Sephora or can you buy it in the Sephora stores?
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
It's in my local Sephora.
Windyemmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
This is part of my daily makeup routine. I have quite oily Asian eye lids,my e/s will start creasing after 2 hours without this e/s Primer. Just LOVE LOVE it!!<3
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Donell Super Skin Brightening Cream (1 oz) Thalgo Summer Dreams Body Mist (100 ml / 3.38 floz) Bremenn Butt Lift in a Box (3 items)