Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Remergent Microcirculation Therapy - WOWEEE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm always on the lookout for an eye product that will do it all! I made my own eye serum, and have gotten some great results with it, but I can't use it during the day and, although it definitely addresses the issues I want to address, I won't say that it is the be-all/end-all of eye products.

I've been very interested in the Remergent line since it came out, principally because I find the science of it fascinating. I decided to give the Microcirculation Therapy and go and after just a couple of weeks of use, I'm pretty blown away by it!

Because of a combination of my work schedule (and my play schedule Wink ), I'm frequently VERY sleep deprived. The only place it ever shows is around my eyes. I'm always looking for a product that will provide smoothing in my undereye area (no wrinkles here but sometimes I just don't like the quality of my skin in this area - when I'm not diligent I get what almost looks like chicken skin - eeeeeeeeeeeeek), and firming under my eyebrows and on my eyelid. My serum was doing a pretty good job of it, I thought, until I added this stuff! Holy cow!!! I've been getting zero sleep lately AND it is also the height of the allergy season and my eyes are soooooooooooooo wide open it's startling to me!

I've been using this stuff twice a day (as the first eye product I apply). My general eye care routine now is:

AM
Rememergent Micro.
Eye Bright (I was sent this from skinactives when I made a purchase and it really is great stuff - I'll review it when I'm done with this)

PM
Remergent Micro.
Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0
Katee's Eye Potion
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like I have to whip out my sample. I'm at the point where I looksleep deprived even when I'm not. Too depressed about my hair-see skin care topic Crying or Very sad Now go spend your $50 on the DNA repair & tell us what you think Very Happy
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hehehe .... think I should?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yes dear Angel Consider it insurance for your skin's future (Lord knows you don't need improvement now Rolling Eyes )plus you just slap it on p.m. after active -basically for me just replaces regular moisturizer with added benefits. Go for it. I'm surprised you haven't already-that's not like you....in the name of science and all Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add, I think the eye bright is the same one sold at EDS by cellular skin.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Nah - it isn't the same. This stuff isn't a serum - it's this fluffy pink cream. I just reviewed it (hot fingers today Wink )
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
katee I read this and your SAS review and I am a little confused about something. What exactly do you mean when you say these products made your eyes look wider? I hope I don't sound stupid but in reference to an eye cream/serum I have no clue what this means. Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Principally, the firming of the lid and the area just under my eyebrow has the effect of "opening" my eyes more....
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:24 am      Reply with quote
This review is so tempting, and I have a pretty generous sample, but the one thing that worries me is the mechanism of the ingreidents. The pinoxde stimulates nitric oxide production (therefore increasing circulation) but the idea of causing an excess of a free radical in the skin scares me. Nitric oxide has been shown to speed wound healing, but we're not talking about wound healing here. I don't know, I could be way off, but I'm just paranoid about this stuff. It sound slike it works so well though! I'm torn Laughing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="katee"]

I've been using this stuff twice a day (as the first eye product I apply).

Hi Katee - This product looks like one of those twist-up brush pens....How does this
product's dispense mechanism work?
Thanks,
Pudoodles
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
It's a long, rather narrow cylinder. You press the end and a dose (just a dot of the product really)comes out the top. It's very easy to use and there's no waste involved. I use one dose per eye.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Principally, the firming of the lid and the area just under my eyebrow has the effect of "opening" my eyes more....

That makes sense katee. I probably shouldn't say this but I was picturing you with a "deer caught in the headlights look". Shock I have no idea why!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
This review is so tempting, and I have a pretty generous sample, but the one thing that worries me is the mechanism of the ingreidents. The pinoxde stimulates nitric oxide production (therefore increasing circulation) but the idea of causing an excess of a free radical in the skin scares me. Nitric oxide has been shown to speed wound healing, but we're not talking about wound healing here. I don't know, I could be way off, but I'm just paranoid about this stuff. It sound slike it works so well though! I'm torn Laughing

dealated I don't plan on using the Microcirculation Therapy product since I had a bad reaction to the sample and I probably don't really need it anyway but what you wrote interests me. I have a few questions. First how does nitric acid production increase circulation? And what about this process generates free radicals? I'm paranoid about alot of stuff too so I want to hear your reasoning here. Like I need something more to add to my list of things that I have concerns about! Rolling Eyes
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Does this only really work for dark circles under the eyes?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
NO clue. I don't have dark circles under my eyes. Not what I was interested in when I started to use it.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks I think I will give this one a go
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
dealated wrote:

I have a few questions. First how does nitric acid production increase circulation? And what about this process generates free radicals? I'm paranoid about alot of stuff too so I want to hear your reasoning here. Like I need something more to add to my list of things that I have concerns about! Rolling Eyes

Hey Theresa! You could try asking this question of Tangal. She seems to be really good at these type of questions.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
dealated wrote:

dealated I don't plan on using the Microcirculation Therapy product since I had a bad reaction to the sample and I probably don't really need it anyway but what you wrote interests me. I have a few questions. First how does nitric acid production increase circulation? And what about this process generates free radicals? I'm paranoid about alot of stuff too so I want to hear your reasoning here. Like I need something more to add to my list of things that I have concerns about! Rolling Eyes

Hi Theresa! I'm so sorry I missed your question, I learned from Remergent's website what the patented ingredient in the treatment is: (Pinoxide)
An exclusive and patented blend of breakthrough ingredients stimulating nitric oxide production to improve circulation. Clinical studies prove Pinoxide speeds blood flow, warms the skin, increases resistance to cold, and reduces dark under-eye symptoms.
Reference: Abstracts 1, 18
(http://www.remergentskin.com/ingredients.php)

Basically, nitric oxide is a free radical produced in the body (in tiny amounts) and it serves as a very powerful signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system. Under normal, healthy conditions the body has a natural defense mechanism to protect itself from nitric oxide induced free radical damage, but under inflammatory and pathological stress, the body produces nitric oxide in excessive amounts that can overwhelm the defense mechanism, and this is associated with many disorders including diabetes, Parkinson's and stroke. Nitric oxide increases circulation by dilating blood vessels. I honestly don't know if this product can do damage over time (I definitely don't think it's going to cause a stroke, hope what I wrote couldn't be interpreted as that Wink ) but I think I'll be avoiding this product for now.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation deleated. I too wouldn't feel totally comfortable using this. It is probably safe but I tend to be very cautious about such things.

Do you know if other ingredients that are designed to increase circulation such as hesperidin also stimulate free radical production?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee! So, since last week , I've been obsessed with Remergent. My dermatologist highly recommended the DNA Repair . I also had to purchase the Microcirculation & Barrier relief. Your review solidified the Micro purchase & I'm very happy so far. I'm still using IS Clinical Super & Active Serum. Oh, how I love these boards! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Thanks for the explanation deleated. I too wouldn't feel totally comfortable using this. It is probably safe but I tend to be very cautious about such things.

Do you know if other ingredients that are designed to increase circulation such as hesperidin also stimulate free radical production?

Hesperidin actually has strong antioxidant properties, as does caffeine which I know is used a lot in those circulation increasing products.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, you changed your whole regime or just for the eye area? I thought you love ISC. So you stopped using Vitamin C in your regime for the eye area also?

Sorry for all the questions. Wink
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I do love ISC! I actually didn't change anything at all. I just added the remergent micro around my eyes twice a day.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

did you see an immediate result or did it take a while?

I am using it for a few days, and so far - does not help much with the bags (nor much for the little darkness I have in the inner corner area).

TIA,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
does it realy make some effects?
i am doubting because many products claim the magic effects
but when you pay the money and apply it to desired area hopefully.
the unique result is disappointing.
waste of money and your emotion
so i do want to know how many people use it and say it is effective.
because it is not very cheap.
thanks
watched this topic
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |