Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
RAVE: Sephora Blockbuster Palette
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies...this is FABULOUS!!!!
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P168945&searchString=blockbuster%20palette

I posted this in another thread that I would review it after I used it...and it totally deserves its own thread.

In this kit you get 64 eyeshadows, I can't believe the possible color combinations. Pinks, purples/plums, blues, greens, browns/beiges/champagne, and some shades of grey/silver and black for that smokey eye effect.

I wore some of the blue hues today (colors I never thought to buy) and I loved them with my brown eyes. This shadow has staying power and you can make it as bright or as subtle as you want. This is my first experience with Sephora eyeshadows and lipsticks, but I'm already a fan of their glosses and other makeup products.

You get 32 lip colors, half are lipsticks, the other half are glosses you can layer or wear on their own. There are natural tones, reds, plums, burgandy, pinks, corals, mattes and shimmers...there's even an awesome glitter lipgloss!

You also get 7 blushes and a translucent shimmer powder. One blush looks dark enough to be a bronzer and there is this great rosey color that reminds me of Bare Escentuals "Compassion" that I got two years ago in the Goddess kit but lost (it makes my cheeks look wonderfully rosey, like I had to run outside to the car when it's snowing...sorry, memories of Michigan Laughing )!!!

You also get four double-ended applicators, two blush brushes, and two lip brushes. All this folds up into a mirrored, large square tray that clicks shut. This is going to be so kick BUTT to travel with! I won't have to cart all my mineral eyeshadows, blushes, and lip colors everywhere. My only complaint is that I often re-apply my lip color throughout the day and unless I throw this in my bag (which actually wouldn't take up room at all) I won't have it. But I have a Clinique (<gasp>) sheer lipstick I wear alot and countless lipglosses so it's tolerable.(I'm loving the LORAC Lotsa lip...HUGE sample...it'll last me over a month with daily application..got it with the JACKPOT sample code)

I love it so much I'm going to pick up a second one. Unfortunately, it was featured in the latest catalogue and is temporarily sold out. It's not listed as limited edition, so I'm praying Pray it comes back soon. I can't believe this is only 40 bucks. They could charge 60 and IMHO have it still be worth it.

I noticed that Ulta had a "Blockbuster" palette for 25 dollars with different products, like nail polish, etc. But their products, I've found, aren't nearly as good as Sephora.

I'm so excited I can barely stand it. I've told everyone about this palette. You see, I've been searching for "the perfect palette" for over a year. I love the simplicity and variety you get with one. But none, I felt, were ever worth the money, or they were all lipglosses, or all eyeshadows.
I'm stupidly giddy and ridiculously excited about this.

Whew. Sorry, just had to share. I'm a makeup nut.

EDIT: The bottle of EDT in my Pink Sugar gift set had broken/leaked during shipping (I knew as soon as I opened the shipping container and got a huge whiff of caramel/cotton candy. I called Sephora and before I even told her what had happened to it, she said she would ship a new one, overnight!...but that I should keep and USE the other one until my new one arrives. I haven't used it, but wow! What service!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
this is great. I have been lusting after the palette for while and always conviced myself that no way I would need that much shadows. now I wonder if I will have the strength to hold off myself from ordering. Laughing
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
May I ask you the dimensions of this palette? Thanks. Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm eyeballing it...I can't find my ruler!

It's about 6 inches x 6 inches and maybe 1.5 deep?

I'll find my ruler...haha...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
So very lucky for those who have access to Sephora. I am so tempted by your review, although what I would do with 64 colours I do not know.I have already got too many shadows (for my use). Plus 32 lipglosses/lipsticks Shock .

How big is each eyeshadow pan?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Each eyeshadow is around .5 inch square.
Underneath the 32 lip colors are the same size. The blushes are 1 inch by 1 inch (same as 4 of the eyeshadows)

EDIT: working on getting pics posted!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, your enthusiasm for your new palette makes me smile! Very Happy Back in the day, my sister, best friend and I used to get all worked up whenever the new Borghese mega-palettes would come out. (I still cannot believe my Mom let young teenagers wear some of that stuff, but was glad she did at the time! At least we weren't roaming the streets making trouble!)

I looked at it and it is just lovely. I'd purchase it, but having worked in the beauty industry in the past, I have too much makeup as it is. One time when I moved, I had 5 entire 3.0 cubic foot boxes containing JUST my makeup! That's 15.0 cubic feet of the stuff! So I'm trying to keep it simple now, and while your palette would be just the ticket, I have too much stuff as it is. So consider it as "more Sephora for you"! Have fun with it!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used a pen (and my hand) for scale. I'm an archaeologist so scale is very important in pictures Laughing and I can't find my ruler gosh darn it!

I'm sorry the pictures are so big. I have NO idea how to resize or anything.

The last picture shows the mirror in the top of the lid.

This shows the top: little squares show through to the shadows underneath

This is the top tier with all the eye shadows:

Lip colors in the second tier and cheek colors on the bottom:

You can see where the brushes are...I'm planning on carrying q-tips and the like with me:

Large mirror!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
omg Paris, I am sitting here drooling instead of going to bed! Picture posts are always the best, but picture posts of THIS..THIS!!! *hyperventilating*!!!! I am in love......................................................................

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:13 am      Reply with quote
well..... I am drooliing all over the place
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:42 am      Reply with quote
oh, no Sad Shock
I just checked sephora, the palette is out of order. I guess it is good for my wallet, but totally bad for my peace of mind. Sad
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I check too! Not only is it out of order, it's not offered in Canada!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
When it comes back in we could do CPs!?!? Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Shock That's a blockbuster all right. What a great gift for a budding makeup addict. (I'm too far gone already!) Thanks for the great pics, ParisTroika.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I saw this in Allure magazine. I was thinking it would be a good gift idea for my sister. Also, great for someone who travels frequently. it's good to hear the quality is up to snuff. SOmetimes in big pallettes like that they sacrafice quality for quantity.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I told my Mum about it...apparently she just ordered it from Sephora VIA Amazon? They didn't email her saying it was out of stock or anything and just sent her an email with shipping date estimates.

So I think you can still get it through Amazon.com!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
wow, this is so cool!
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered this on Amazon too, and this is the information i got in my confirmation email

Shipping estimate for these items: November 8, 2006 - November 9, 2006

Delivery estimate: November 11, 2006 - November 16, 2006

1 "Sephora Blockbuster Palette"

Misc.; $40.00

Sold by: Sephora USA, LLC

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:
I just ordered this on Amazon too, and this is the information i got in my confirmation email

Shipping estimate for these items: November 8, 2006 - November 9, 2006

Delivery estimate: November 11, 2006 - November 16, 2006

1 "Sephora Blockbuster Palette"

Misc.; $40.00

Sold by: Sephora USA, LLC

amazon.com has so many goodies! wonder when amazon.ca will catch up?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I WANT it!!!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:22 am      Reply with quote
My Mum just emailed me and told me Amazon refunded her order because it was out of stock.

Darn.

Well, gotta just keep checking til it comes back in stock!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
My Mum just emailed me and told me Amazon refunded her order because it was out of stock.

Darn.

Well, gotta just keep checking til it comes back in stock!!!

! me too Sad im so sad now! lol!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
It's too bad this palette isn't available to Cananda Sad I've been looking for something like this for a long while...and it's ONLY $40! Oh well, more money in my wallet. I hope this isn't a limited time item!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Usually if Sephora only has it for a short period of time, they put "Limited Edition" on it. This doesn't have it, so hopefully it will be a staple of theirs for awhile.

SECRET!!!!
My Mum called Sephora...according to the lady they are getting a shipment of 175 of them tomorrow (hopefully) but they'll sell out quick...the next shipment won't be until December...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh know, now I want this too!

If you remember the Nars Artist Palettes $70 (4 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, 4 lips) that were out 1 year ago and they don't make them anymore, I was able to find 1 lingering at a Sephora 2 months ago. But the Sephora Palette is humungous, wow!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |