Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
New member just saying hello
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I think this is a great place to learn and share with other likewise obsessed! I joined a few days ago when there was some tension regarding frequency of posting by new members---scared me off a bit.(Actually didn't even know they gave discounts when I joined)
I don't want to respond to the various old threads that have caught my eye (there are many), so I thought I'd just give my thoughts on lots of things in this post.
Im 47 and have been using Obagi for 2 years. Great results, after the initial (really) ugly phase! I use .05%, never really been able to tolerate bumping up the retinol strength. It's such a great routine that i miss the thrill of new discoveries! But I guess that's when you know something really works for you---when you no longer feel the need to try every new product! (Not that I still don't get tempted) Recently, I've added squalene at night after the whole Obagi routine, and must say I've been pleased.Or at least it hasn't done anything awful :) .
For cleanser I have used Philosophy Purity for 2 years and do love this product. However, I find that it leaves a "sheen" on my forehead if I use it in the morning, and that Estee Lauder verite milk cleanser for sensitive skin leaves a much better finish for the day.I still use Purity at night, and think it's pretty fine at removing makep and cleaning pores. For both cleansers, I use the Clarisonic brush and LOVE it.
For make-up, the things I keep reordering and consider real necessities are the T. Leclerc loose powder in Banane (mix with a bit of the Abricot in the summer, or if you have true "medium toned" skin.) IMO, this the true HG of loose powder, if you have all but the most troubled of skin it works fine as a foundation too. Don't be put off by the yellow---Another real find I think is Dr. Denese Day Cream spf 30. Tinted with melanin, dries to a matte finish, and can be worn under foundation if you wish, or on it's own. Follow with the T Leclerc powder and you're all set I think. Bobbi Brown eyeshadows and gel eye-liners are staples too. Bobbi Brown pale pink lipstick and blush I have purchased maybe 1,000 times each! The lipstick is a great pale brownie pink, and the blush is much more vibrant, but wearable.Oh and I think Philosophy makes a great eye and lip cream!
These products are all or mostly dept. store stuff, and reading here I know there are other places to buy great products. I'm contemplating the SAS I cream! You can always teach this old dog new tricks.
Ok---thats my intro---look forward to learning more here.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya LeeBee

Welcome to the forum...

Now THAT was a great post Very Happy
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the welcome katee. I for got to say (horrors!) that I also use the JM eyelash serum faithfully on top of my extensions, have no idea if it works as I have not seen my real lashes in 6 weeks Very Happy The JM is still available at my dermatologist here in san francisco, Dr kathleen Welsh,(and she has an on-line store) You will pay full price but for those who MUST have it...
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome aboard!!!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome LeeBee - I'm in San Carlos down the street!

Don't worry about posting. I'm not working right now so I'm here ALL the time. Once I get my butt in gear I'll probably visit 1x/week. so, I gotta get my recommendations and wish light together fast!
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Leebee,

Benvenuti. The ground is shaking. I think you may have just caused a stampede to your derm to get the remaining global JM stock! I wore jinnylash extensions for a year and then got bored. If JM does not irritate your eyes you will most surely see lash growth. The stuff works quite dramatically.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the madness ..err...fun! Embarassed
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LeeBee.. What a great post!! Welcome to the board! Sounds like you've got your routine down.. It's so great to find the right combo.. I'm still one who, even if I love something, go and try out things that people rave about here.. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.. But I have fun...LOL

I've been trying to downsize myself.. Realized how much time and money I was spending, and thought I'd see if I really need it all...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome, LB...nice to meet ya. Very Happy
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
welcome...
you will get addicted to EDS ...
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome LeeBee! Thanks for the great intro (and the product reviews too Very Happy).
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
welcome!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Welcome LeeBee wave . Loved your intro, and thanks for the great reviews Very Happy
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi LeeBee. I'm new here too. I have been using Obagi for about 5 weeks and I was wondering if you have ever used the Obagi "Physical" sunblock. I am currently using the Obagi "Healthy Skin" sunblock, which doesn't fully absorb and leaves a white sheen on my face from the zinc (I'm pale enough as it is now that my freckles are gone!). I am curious to know if the Physical is any different. I have also been using JM eyelash for 3 weeks with no results yet Sad . My eyelashes have been falling out and now look worse than they did before. I haven't had any irritation so I am going to continue to use it and hope for the best as some of the gals here have stated that their eyelashes fell out too. I'm anxiously awaiting the day that I jump out of bed, look in the mirror and say, "Holy s**t, look at my beautiful lashes!"
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi....the only Obagi sunscreen I used was the sunfader spf 15, so I don't know about the others. Now I use Dr. denese day cream spf 30. It's a zinc block, but is tinted with melanin to avoid the white greasy sheen :)
4thin02
5% products discount

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Welcome LeeBee! I for one, RAN to the website that you mentioned. I'm now addicted to the EDS forums. There is such good information here.
Blessings!
Mary
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum, LeeBee! I'll bet you won't be able to resist the call of the wild (trying out new products). It's tough to withstand and pay close attention to Katee, she's the queen of great, new discoveries!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Welcome, LeeBee! What a great way to introduce yourself!! You'll love it here!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Leebee! This is such a fun place.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome!!
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Leebee, and welcome Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi LeeBee!

You will love it here...such great info, and the nicest people you'll ever meet!

Welcome!
Mary Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome LeeBee . . cute name! Wink
Elise
5% products discount

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome! I'm new too! Is't this a wonderful place to learn about skincare?

Your post was so informative. It was a pleasure to read. Smile
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi LeeBee! I used to live in SF for many years and then moved down to Belmont (very close to Rjez in San Carlos) before finally moving away from the Bay Area. SF is still one of my favorite cities, though. Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. It's really a friendly, informative place.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |