Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

fake tan or sun bed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering what do you guys out there do???
I only tan up when going on sunbeds but i know fake tan is better for your skin.
ALso how long does the fake tan last?
Most people i have seen with fake tan - go too orange.
what do you all think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I would never go on a sunbed in a million years. In my opinion it is a complete waste of my money if I'm buying skincare to help me with aging and then I go and add 1 year to my looks with each session.
Exaggerating I know but I feel strongly about it.
Sun protection is the best form of protecting your looks.
I also prefer the paler look personally - I use a bronzer or blush to get colour.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty dark already, but I find that L'Oreal Sublime Glow for medium skin tones is AWESOME!! It's never streaky, and it has a touch of glitter in it, which looks really good on tanned skin. It really evens out my tone, and the color is never orange -- it's more bronzelike, almost brown.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I'd rather do time in jail than in a sunbed! Laughing

If I'm wearing a sleeveless top at night, I use cheap drugstore liquid foundation on my arms/shoulders/decollette, then follow it up with a light coat of a shimmer body lotion. (This is also how I use up foundations that I've bought for my face that don't quite work)

Now, I do this to make myself look paler, but it would probably work the other way as well. My arms look a million times better after this.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I use fake tan - currently Piz Buin Spray for my body and Clarins Liquid Bronze for my face. These both look pretty natural. The Piz Buin lasts generally for about 4 or 5 days and the Clarins for around 3 days.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I don't use either...and I can't find a sunless tanning product that doesn't look artificial on me - but then again my skin is almost "glow-in-the-dark" fair...the best of the worst for me is the one put out by Dior..
Pudoodles
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
i only use tanning beds to accelerate my tan in the summer at the very beginning. The rest of the time i'm outside! which is probably not good at all seeing they say sun exposure kills ya.

But my tan carries over into the winter so i just use a dusting of bronzer on my face when it start to snow

My italian heritage must be responsible for that carry over!:P and for that reason I don't use any fake tanning products. I have a REALLY noticeable gold undertone in my skin and my hair, and so any fake tanners completely clash with my skin tone [because they always come out ORANGE!]

But.. has anyone tried tantowel? I hear the tan isn't bad from that

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto with RedDevil - love L'Oreal Sublime Bronze.

I'm fairly dark naturally (from Hawai'i) and I feel so "not normal" without a tan.

Check outwww.sunless.com. They have a good product selector. St. Tropez was also very brown.
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love glowfusion, but its tricky and streaky until you become a pro at it.

5% products discount

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I would stay away from the tanning beds. The beds will ruin your skin. Besides skin cancer think about all of the wrinkles and ages spots you'd get from it.

I'm a big fan of selftanners. I have super fair skin and I've never turned orange from them. Cool Just be sure and exfoliate really well and you shouldn't have any blotchiness either. On my skin the selftanners last about 3 days.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would never sunbed. I'm very fair so fake-tans don't work so well for me, but the new generation of body lotions with a little bit of fake tan work quite well (Johnson's Holiday Skin, etc.) But even they can be a bit tiresome with all the preparation. I tend to use Rimmel Sunshimmer. It comes in matte and shimmery (I use the matte) and I put it on with a damp cotton-wool pad because if I use my hands it's an absolute pig to get off. It's just a stain but once it's on it stays put until washed off with soap and water. Never streaks and the colour is brilliant. Of course, you couldn't swim in it, and I don't use it over my whole body - just the bits that show. But putting it on every day on legs, arms, shoulders and face probably takes less time overall than faffing about with proper fake tan. If I'm going on holiday and intend to swim, then I use the fake tan body lotions, but this make-up is a great alternative if you don't mean to strip off and get wet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Lancome spray tan. It's great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
well, after being covered up for most of the year I do use a sunbed a week or two before my summer holiday, to prep my skin, I feel this is a better way to go since it takes a few days for your skin to start producing melatonin, I don't want to fry up on my holiday nor do I want to go about with a wide brimmed hat and smock! Last summer I also took those Thalgo pills that are suposed to help you tan.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I used to tan <gasp...I know!> My mum does it alot and I started out doing it to minimize my burning when I'd go on vacation. Then it turned into a regular thing...but only for a few months. I did "three months stints" a couple of times, but the last time I noticed a mole changed slightly and I freaked out.

Now I slather sunscreen like mad.
Will never tan again. It's sad, there's a tanning salon right on campus here and you see these gals go in and you want to scream "STOP DAMAGING YOUR SKIN! IT MAKES YOU WRINKLY!!!!" I'm sure if most of those girls stop to think that they'll look alot older than usual in a good 10 to 15 years they wouldn't do it.
I just don't think they are educated about it...especially since "tan" = "sexy" in their minds and the tanning companies tout it as being a healthy alternative to sunbathing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
when i have used sunbeds in the past. I have put sun screen on all moles and face. But i agree sun does age your skin.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |