Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What are your most "economical" favorites???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
So, we all spend oodles of money on skincare. What are your favorite products that are also economical (in your opinion)..meaning they last a long time for the price, or are inexpensive.

I'll go first:

Decleor Ylang Ylang oil: I've been using this since the beginning of July (4+ months) and I'm not even 1/4 of the way through it! (49 USD will last me over a year I'm sure).

Decleor balms (Essential and Ylang Ylang): The Essential will last longer than the Ylang Ylang because I use it only 1 week out of the month, but both will last I'm guessing almost two years because you use so little. Seriously! (104 USD for both will last a heckuva long time!)

Luckily Decleor has a long shelf life...this stuff doesn't expire until 2008...WELL worth the money IMHO!

Sofina Nuance Up: When I first bought this, I was disappointed in how small the bottle is. But I've been using it for a month and am barely 1/4 through it (not even!) with daily use. The texture is wonderful and spreads very easily. I'm estimating this will last me 4-6 months (paid 34 dollars on ebay with shipping).

Chanel Blanc Universal Sheer Illuminator primer: I've been using this stuff every day for over a year. It lightens dark circles, help cover red areas, and otherwise brightens my complexion before my MMU. I'm just getting halfway through it. 42.50 USD and well worth the $$! Mix it with your under eye concealer if you want and viola! You are beayuuutiful! (A trick a makeup artist taught me).

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
For me, it would be DHC Eye Bright and Concentrated Eye Cream. Inexpensive and they last a long time. And, this maybe just be me, but my mineral makeup is lasting me forever. I bought a regular sized pot of BE Feb of this year, and I still have plenty left. I also think I'll have my several pots of glimmmer forever.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Great post Paris!
Mine are:
[b]Amazing Concealer (Amazing Cosmetics) [/b]- it is just phenomenal..sometimes I mix it with Secret Brightener (Laura Mercier) or Faceatelier's Sheen to get a reflective look - and it lasts forever
Cleansing Oil (MAC)- need very little - and rinses off like a dream! I've had mine for 3 months!
Lid Cleanser (Novartis) - this stuff is fantastic -- as gentle as Clarins (but gets off anything - even lipstick stain!)- and NO OIL! Oh ya - and it is a drug store buy!
Microfoliant (Dermalogica) - little goes a long way - lasts forever - keeps me polished!
Cleansing Cream (Dr. Haushka) - best skin decongestant I've ever used - can't live without it - it doesn't last forever but it is totally worth the money -am convinced that regular use of this has helped to keep my pores as clean as they are.
Morning Recovery Serum (Orlane) for $68 Canadian this is a great bang for your buck if you are sleep-deprived but don't want to look that way - you just need a few drops..this one is a real gem - it LASTS AND LASTS!
Secret Brightening Powder (Laura Mercier) - use around my eyes...it is really fine and light (which I LOVE since I'm so desperately pale!) - it comes in a small pot but you just need a touch with your brush - very little goes a long way!
My Kabuki brush - can't live without it for my minerals! Is a great investment Very Happy
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes Decleor balms last ages as does Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser with sun factor 20. I also find that eye creams by C Dior last nearly a year. All the above are reasonably priced but more importantly they work
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
The chamomile eye makeup remover from the Bodyshop. I've used this for over a decade. Takes off all eye makeup in just a few gentle swipes, is non-irritating and also very inexpensive.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
peter thomas roth mattifying gel. Only need about pinky nail size and I only use it on my biggish pores area.
psf ha serum, cheap, about 19 dollars? and two drops a night should last forever. Actually, every watery thing I have I think is a good investment, like the mandelic acid, or copper serum, because you only need so little, and it lasts such a long time. I hate spending tons of money on one product that dosen't last more than a month. Who dosen't, I guess?
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I order Lipomoist from Dermstore. It's a regular lotion created by Miami dermatologists.
$14.00 per bottle

5% products discount

Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Recent discovery: tub of coconut oil. I put it in my hair, on my lips and rub it into my hands. Great stuff!
I figure this tub will last me years!!!!!

Donna
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
aspirin mask,its only about a nickel,add a little water mix it with cetaphil(or anything else) apply to face for 15 minutes scrub it and rinse off inshower, great for complexion
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Ultimate Buffing Cloth (saved me an absolute fortune because I don't have to keep buying exfoliating scrubs)

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion

Candessence Body Butter

Ardell Lash Conditioner

St Ives Radiance Moisture Rich Cleanser

Pure rosewater as a toner
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |