Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Trind for AMAZING nails
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
CFR wrote:
Hi all~

New to posting, but have been lurking for quite some time (shy i guess!) After having tips removed in the fall, as you can imagine, my nails were destroyed. I tried EVERYTHING! One day at the doctor's office I saw an ad for Trind. I researched the product for quite some time, and finally ordered on ebay. I ordered the Trind Natural Nail Repair (it came with a free trial of the Trind Nail Balsam.)

Let me tell you this stuff is AMAZING!! I didn't follow the directions (not enough time), but I did use the balsam every evening and applied the Nail Repair 1x a week.

I took about 4 weeks, but I can tell you my nails have never been so beautiful. They are strong, but flexible. I don't like them too long, so I find myself having to file them DOWN. The only time time i can ever remember my nails growing like this is while pregnant, but even then, they would break, peel or snag. These don't.

Cindy

I have a similar issue. Never had nails so I don't know how to use my hands with them! In fact, TRIND's Nail Repair is so effective, I've had to reduce my use as my nails are soooo strong (After 4 months of use), that recently when I was schlepping some heavy boxes around, my pinky nail was bent backwards and was so strong it didn't break, it just hurt like heck for a few days! When I file my nails down, I have to use the glass file, as they are just so strong they rip through the cheap paper emery boards!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
koolade,

For the nail repair it says for the first 2 weeks to put on a fresh coat everyday, did you do this? With other repair systems I've use in the past you were able to layer the polish, but Trind wants you to remove the previous coat and freshly apply a new coat each day. It's just a little bit of a hassle for me is all, but if the results are as great as they claim guess I'll be a soldier and do it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Quote:
BTW cuticles are great thanks to CareKate's Lemon Neem cuticle treatment. I do have before and after pics at Picassa web but I don't know how to upload them to the forum

Ricky

Ricky,
just upload your photos to photobucket.com, and you will see the image tags and url addresses. ready for cut and paste, right under each photo. just click the "img" button above, paste the link in, and then click it again... easy!--avalange

Avalange
Thanks for that

[img]Image

[img]Image[/img]

As you can see I have not had much success. I take biotin, silica, and a whole lot of other supplements, don't garden right now. and seldom have my hands in water. So what is the solution for me? I sure wish I knew Crying or Very sad
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, I see what you mean. They do look a little better, but maybe that's the lighting or the angle.

Hmm, have you tried Nutricap supplements. I tried them for a month, but they were a bit expensive and I wasn't really patient enough to wait for results.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
koolade wrote:
yeah, I see what you mean. They do look a little better, but maybe that's the lighting or the angle.

Hmm, have you tried Nutricap supplements. I tried them for a month, but they were a bit expensive and I wasn't really patient enough to wait for results.

Koolade I haven't, but I am willing to try anything now! Where did you by them drugstore or online?
Ricky
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ricky,

What's the time span of the pics for your nails and what was your routine. At a closer look, your nails do look better. You may not see it but I do. First off, the coloring is a lot better, the yellow is quite prominent in the first photo, and only slight on the second photo. Also the sheen/finish of the nail looks a lot healthier too. As you've mentioned your cuticle's have improved and I can also tell in the pics. I'd file the nails down and wouldn't have any rigged edges, it'll help clean them up and having nails of the same length help them appear healthier.

All in all, I can see improvements so keep up with what you're doing because it seems to be working, I know it's a slow progress, but the progress is positive! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
ricky,

i know i might receive some flack for this, but i'd go get a couple of professional manicures... my nails were exactly like yours, and when i was getting professional manicures, my nails grew out and were actually protected by the nail enamel, and thus less likely to break or split. it's when my nails aren't painted, they tend to split. i use sally hansen's 'thicken-up' with some success under the enamel--it doesn't seem to dry my nails out or make them suffer in the slightest.

i have had amazing success with phytophanere:

[img]http://www.drugstore.com/qxp49919_333181_sespider/phyto/phytophanere.htm[/img]

Ingredients:

Wheat Germ Oil, Carrot Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Fish Oil, Borage Seed Oil, Brewer's Yeast, Acerola, Glycerin, Marine Gelatin, Sunflower Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, CI 73575, CI 73200

And also, filing your nails yourself can be really detrimental... I use a rectangular nail buffer to buff away chips or peels, which are increasingly rare!

keep it up, can't wait to see more photos of your progress...

--avalange
[/img]

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
rickyhpierre wrote:
koolade wrote:

Koolade I haven't, but I am willing to try anything now! Where did you by them drugstore or online?
Ricky

You, you can get it at the drug store. It comes in a yellow/orange and blue package as I recall. Usually in the suppliment section.
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Aries

I have been using it for about 4 weeks,The last 2 weeks I have done them every day. I think that I will try both the supplements mentioned by Koolade and Avalange, they can do no harm, so I might as well give them a try. My personal HG is to have healthy nails. May just get that manicure too!
Ricky
havana8

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
koolade,

For the nail repair it says for the first 2 weeks to put on a fresh coat everyday, did you do this? With other repair systems I've use in the past you were able to layer the polish, but Trind wants you to remove the previous coat and freshly apply a new coat each day. It's just a little bit of a hassle for me is all, but if the results are as great as they claim guess I'll be a soldier and do it.

Aries, I thought I would add to Koolade's experience...

It took me more than the "14 Day Challenge", more like three to four weeks. At first, I tried to simply layer on a new coat as it seemed like a pain in the butt to remove everyday. But then it would peel, so I eventually ended up following the directions to remove it everyday (well, almost every day! oops!), apply the nail balsam and then the nail repair. I did not use the nail brightener for the first three to four weeks (although that was more due to sheer laziness than anything else).

The change in my nails has been quite dramatic--they are long, they no longer peel or break, and they are harder. When I remove the nail repair, they are shinier. I had two nails that used to look slightly flat in comparison to the others, or at least not rounded. They all look the same now. Seems strange it could affect that, but maybe it's because they are stronger now due to the nail repair? Either way, the results made it worth the hassle for me and I only have to do my nails once a week now.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
My nails don't peel or break and are quite strong. However, I have vertical ridges and they are slightly yellow. The last time I wore nail polish was 6 months ago. Anyone with similiar issues that Trind helped ?
havana8

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Moocheez wrote:
My nails don't peel or break and are quite strong. However, I have vertical ridges and they are slightly yellow. The last time I wore nail polish was 6 months ago. Anyone with similiar issues that Trind helped ?

Moocheez, I don't know if this is the same, but I had vertical lines although not ridges. They're gone now. I think the after picture above shows a reduction in yellow?

I like Avalange's idea of taking a supplement like the one she mentioned above and can only wonder what it combined with Trind could do?
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana. I take msm though not biotin. My cuticles are fine and it's just that I have these vertical ridges or lines and my nails are slightly yellow. They had been like that since I first put on nail polish, which was like 30 years ago Confused

I had white, smooth nails pre-nail polish. I suppose I can try the Trind.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Moocheez wrote:
Thanks havana. I take msm though not biotin. My cuticles are fine and it's just that I have these vertical ridges or lines and my nails are slightly yellow. They had been like that since I first put on nail polish, which was like 30 years ago Confused

I had white, smooth nails pre-nail polish. I suppose I can try the Trind.

I think the yellow might be a result of the nail polish use. I noticed that several years ago when I was on a polish kick.

My mother has a similar problem. She has ridges and yellowish nails and they look very dehydrated. I just got her the TRIND starter kit for Christmas, but she still hasn't tried it yet (grr - but she's been busy). Once she does I can let you know more about her results.

As for me, I too had ridges, but I removed then with the buffer from TRIND. I think it's called horn nail, or something, but basically it's good to remove that every month or so as new nail grows in.
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Koolade ! Please give an update.

I do think the yellow and ridges are from nail polish use. But I thought they will grow out, as I only use nail polish in summer and I had went for months or years without nail polish. But it seems to be a permanent condition. Otherwise my nails are strong and flexible. ::shrug::
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
This stuff is pricey. I just spent $60 on the balsam, nail brightener and nude shade of nail repair. My nails are very good to begin with. The balsam is ok, the brightener to me is just a tinted clear coat of polish. Haven't tried my nail repair yet. Enough said.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
This stuff is pricey. I just spent $60 on the balsam, nail brightener and nude shade of nail repair. My nails are very good to begin with. The balsam is ok, the brightener to me is just a tinted clear coat of polish. Haven't tried my nail repair yet. Enough said.

you probably won't need the brightener with the nude, since it's a colour. i have a theory that the brightener is uv based - check out your nails under different light sources when wearing it
havana8

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
that's true--the nude polish over or under the brightener will only cancel out the effect of the brightener. if you are able, try the brightener on it's own.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
also, let the balsam sit for as long as possible...i treat my nails to a nice 6min soak (in fact, while i am typing this now)
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I put my oder after reading this ...
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Koolade, I have checked the brightener in daylight; IT IS a nice look, but its just a tinted clear coat. I'm sure theres "other" brands that do the same for less. Do you think I could use the brightener as a base coat under the Nude color?
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Koolade, I have checked the brightener in daylight; IT IS a nice look, but its just a tinted clear coat. I'm sure theres "other" brands that do the same for less. Do you think I could use the brightener as a base coat under the Nude color?

I've never tried it before as it seemed counter-productive. Give it a shot and let us know. If it looks good, I'll start doing it as well.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I used this stuff several years ago and it did nothing for me! Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
koolade
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered some more supplies from Trind and one of the items I am now using is the glass nail file. This tool is amazing! I was alwways afraid that the glass files wouldn't result in a smooth finish, but that is so NOT the case! I love it!!!! It results in a really smooth edge
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Koolade, ok I brushed a coat of the brightener, a coat of the nude polish and a coat of the brightener as a top coat. WOW, you must try this. Its such a great look! I'm positive that any color of nail polish you have, will work wonderfully with the Trind brightener.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |