Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Gemini, just ignore it if replying. Nothing bad happens. It must be the same form for a new subject as well, that's why they have it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, just saw this after I finished introducing myself in products you'd like to buy. Embarassed
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I'm another newbie who'd like to introduce herself!

I'm a late twentysomething with oily skin, who has issues with large pores and blackheads. My main concerns at the moment with my skin are sun/environment protection & anti-aging.

I look forward to sharing with and learning from all of you!

See you around!
aquarius86
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just found this board last week while looking for information on light therapy for the skin. I never knew you could buy such tools. I also thought no one could make their own skin care products by purchasing your own actives, but in March of 06 I found SAS and I could not believe what I was reading. I read everything on those boards till I could not process it anymore, and I began mixing my own stuff. I am over 50 with what I think is a nice complexion, no dryness, no blotches, no excess oil. Just the usual lines starting to show their ugly heads, from years of sun abuse, we were told back then the sun was "good" for you. I am also starting to not like the neck area nothing I try seems to help with that.
I've been living in PA my whole life, have 2 children a girl soon to be 21 and a boy soon to be 17. Married to a wonderful man for the past 27 years. Life is good. I just ordered the Dermawand this past week, hopefully I will see some kind of results, if not I will send it back. Sorry to go on and on, I wanted to keep this short. I am headed over to the recipes section, maybe I will find something for the neck area. Any suggestions?
daydreamer67

Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hello to all Very Happy I decided it was time to register after using your knowledge as an invaluable resource. I'm 39, with a DH and two daughters. I'm an avid CP consumer and plan on fighting the aging process as long as there's still $$ to fund my war! TY DH!
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Hello Every one
fantasm
5% products discount

Fri May 11, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this as well. I'm turning 32 this year and always thought that I would age gracefully and embrace the concept. Yeah, really easy to say when you're in your 20s.

5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!
I am a female born 1976. Copper/blond hair with grey eyes. Very thin and sensitive skin due to way to much experimenting with retinols and scrubs in earlier years.
Just recently found an unbelievably good nurse at a spa who does IPL's on me once a month. Starting after 3 treatments see HUGE improvements in how my skin reacts. Most of my broken caps are also gone. I am so happy!!!! Why is vanity so costly?
Have found copper peptides to be very helpful in my regimen and a small amount of Renova. Am still looking for the ultimate age-fighter and probably will at the age of 80! But I DO love to read all the posts and threads on this board!!
apstaats

Wed May 16, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been lurking for a few days, at the suggestion of my aunt, who is also a member here. I love to find forums with friendly people, like this one. Why so many people like to punish themselves by going to forums with mean people, I will never know...

Anyway, I am 30, have moderately fair skin, dark blonde hair, hazel eyes, and annoying combination skin (mostly oily though). I also have been plagued by stubborn little blackheads all over my chin and nose forever. I have been doing OCM for a few days though, and I think--knock on wood--that they are actually going away! I get mild acne on occasion, and my forehead is pretty bumpy. I've got some residual melasma as well, and some light scarring from not being able to keep my hands off my face! I removed a tattoo from my arm, which left a lot of scarring. That annoys me more than anything! (Any suggestions?) Other than that, I am pretty happy with my skin.

I'm also vegan and very interested in naturopathic and/or homemade treatments. I've already pored over the DIY thread--loved it! I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this site. It's awesome, and I can't believe I didn't find it sooner, as I am a total web junkie. Thanks for all the friendliness here!
havana8

Wed May 16, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! Just wanted to say welcome and that we are glad you are here! Very Happy
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am an Asian at age 35. People used to guess I was around 27. My boyfriend is 25 only.

I have normal to dry skin. I have been using Obagi for more than 2 years and really love it.

For make up products, I like Bobbi Brown, Ipsa, Covermark, Laura Mercier.
soony

Thu May 17, 2007 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

So nice to have this thread for newbies.

*Also, big thank you to Mooon for introducing this great site and forum to me.*

Just turned 30 last year, and should probably be more aware of how to take adequate care of my skin (dark spots/freckles started to appear recently on the apples of my cheeks...)

I prefer more natural/organic skincare products as my skin is quite sensitive, plus I try to take good care of myself, as I'm sure many of you do! So hope to be able to share more experiences with you all on this forum soon.

Thanks Smile

5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi folks

I found this forum a while ago through the magical google, and it is SO resourceful!! I have only mustered the courage to join and post now. Very Happy

But I have a bad feeling my budget is gonna blow because of this place!

5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All, This is my first post, so I hope I'm following correct protocol.

I've been lurking for a while, and enjoy knowing that I am not alone in my quest for the optimal _fill-in-the-blank__. One of my friends joked that if there were ever some disaster that struck our area she would head to my house as I have at least a year's worth of grooming/beauty supplies. That is so true. Occasionally, I declare a moratorium on something I have tons of, say conditioner, and say "NO MORE until I'm down to the last bottle!" But then there is a great sale or a new product or "better buy that Pureology b4 L'Oreal changes the formulation."

I'm 46 and still have an oily, congested T-zone with whopping pores and a zit every so often. (Strangely my super high-dose radiation for thyroid cancer coincided with the improvement in my acne but before then I tried EVERYTHING from Accutane to Yak butter.)

At this point I have a few wrinkles but I am just starting to get age spots and the hyper-pigmentation from my cystic acne seems to be reappearing. Oh, I'm in the Washington, DC area so if any locals ever want to go in on an order... PM me.
depressed

Mon May 21, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here! Smile and loving it.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi I am new here, but I have been lurk around this forum forever

About my back ground ..
I am from a middle eastern descend , have light olive skin , that always means I have the nice dark circles to go with it Very Happy
I am a skin freak , and have always taken care of my skin, wore sunscreen daily since I was 16 ... advice from one of my aunts coz my face was always red , an because of that advice ,no one really knows my real age ( am 33 but most people think i am 24,25

right now I am eight month pregnant , have combo skin , with lots of marks from old pimples ..
love the advice over here
and love the community
and would love to know every body more
jodd
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2007 2:11 am      Reply with quote
hi all,
have been lurking for a while..but officially new member just for 2 days Wink

love EDS!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't popped in this thread for a while, but just wanted to say welcome to everyone! This is a great forum to learn from and contribute to. Smile
Obagivirgin
5% products discount

Sun May 27, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hello I started Obagi nu derm saturday AM, Im excited and nervous at the same time as Ive never gone a day with out makeup has never been mention in my lifestyle lol.
I am 29 years old and I hope to get great results like I keep hearing.
reine

Wed May 30, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys! Very Happy
All the way from Singapore. hee
ToriKim

Thu May 31, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Very Happy everybody,I'm Tori, Asain.28.I started to care about my skin from this year becasue I heard at my age, this is the skin begin to change. I found this forum two days ago, and I already spent 10 hours on on here.This is really great websit that I think i will be visiting on everyday.The best think I like about this set is that everybody here are so nice,friendly and open! you are the best people I'v ever met on the internet! Very Happy
Also, excuse my english as my second language.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I'm so excited to be on the site because I'm always looking for new tips and advice on how to best protect my skin--it is so sensitive from all of the acne medications I use.

I live in Washington, DC and love to be outside. Which is unfortunate because my skin burns so easily. I work full time in marketing during the week, but stay very busy volunteering around the city as a member of the Junior League of Washington. Other than that I spend a lot of time doing yoga, working out, and testing almost every new product that comes on the market for my skin type! Looking forward to learning more Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
A Great Big Hello to Everyone here at EDS Smile
This is already changing my life.....before i used to be a check my email and do what has do be done by my mac kinda gal SINCE joining EDS i've been glued to my mac picking up invaluable information,tips and advice from such a friendly knowledgeble group of gals! AND i always thought i was clued up- Like DUH?????? I look forward to sharing what i know and the delivery of Jan Marini Eyelash Intervention and consulting my derm in whether to start the Obagi system or not??? OH MY the pressures of being a woman
Laughing
EvilMiss

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! wave

I would just like to say thanks to the EDS forum and its posters for a wonderful website

I stumbled upon this forum/website by chance! I have a medical condition called EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) and I had googled for some specific information and this website/forum came up! I have been engrossed whenever I sign on to the forum!

I am 37 and I live in the UK. I have an oily T zone and only get spotty when I'm hormonal. I am also fair skinned. I am looking to experience different products and I am currently looking for new skincare to try. I am also interested in trying some eyelash serum.

I am not at all experienced in skin care so I hope to learn more as I see there is a lot of experience here!

Again thanks for a great site!

EM x

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Evil Miss Razz

Don't you just get engrossed,me too!!!!

I hope your condition doesn't entail too much discomfort and we're all here if you need us...

I'm getting the eyelash serum too....

First time forum person am i and loving it!!!!

Welcome Evil Miss Razz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |