Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
This was a really great suggestion in another thread - that we should have a sticky thread where new members can introduce themselves so they can start establishing themselves as part of this community. So, if you have just found this place, or if you've been lurking around for a while, why not register and let us know a little bit more about yourself here?

The EDS forum welcomes all new members and any helpful posts they make Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
how do we register and also how do you use the emoticons? thanks lovelme
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi lovelyme -- welcome!

You are registered -- otherwise you wouldn't have been able to post Smile A lot of people just lurk -- they can read the messages and shop, but they can't post and won't get the forum discount when they purchase from EDS.

Re: using the emoticons -- when you hit the green reply button at the bottom of the screen, you will get a box to post your reply. Next to it are a bunch of emoticons. You just click on the one you want to insert. You'll also be able to preview your message before submitting/posting it, to make sure the message appears as you want it too.

hth!
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
hi, finally stopped lurking. If I am going to go broke I might as well try and get the discount Smile
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, a good idea. I "lurked" for over a year! Now I will introduce myself.
49 years old
fair, sensitive skin, Allergies
not sure what hair colour to put down :lol
(can't figure out how to use smiley faces)
Soon to be thinner. Thank God Halloween is past.
I live in a cold,dry winter climate
Hot and dry in summer. Your skin really takes a beating. Looking forward to getting some helpful skin care and product tips
Angyl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Me in a nutshell:

23, combo/oily skin, Asian.
I just moved from Missouri to Cali, and my face is freaking out, which led me to care more about skincare, which led me to lurk here for a few months.
I think I have keratosis, but it's mostly on my legs. Annoying nontheless.
Anita Kalinowski
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Like everyone else I’ve been lurking here for quite some time.
Not so long ago finally decided to register and asked few questions.
I should have introduced myself in the first place, sorry for that, but better late than never.

Here it goes:
42 years old, dry skin with T-zone prone to breakouts once a month
Mother of two sons – 20 & 18 yrs old
Living on the east coast
Polish, and therefore very unsure about writing in English 

Just wanted to add that this is a great site! All the ladies are extremely helpful and happy to share their knowledge.
Thank you,
Anita

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to all of you!!!

Gosh Anita, if my Polish was as good as your English..... Awwww hell - have you read some of the posts here? Your English is better than that of some for whom English is their first (and only) language Wink
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
A big welcome from me, too! wave You will absoloutely love it here...great info, and truly wonderful people. Enjoy! Looking forward to your posts... Very Happy

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
does the huge welcome as well!!! Enjoy !!!!
rayne

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!
I became a member the other day, and am taking some time to play around and check things out.
I am 26 and a Mary Kay consultant. I am curious as to what products people are using, many I have not heard of.....learning, learning. I have had problem skin all my life, so I hope to be able to give some info as well as learn at the same time.
See you around.... Smile
Anita Kalinowski
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,Mary H.,Melissa Marie,

Thank you for your warm welcome. One of the reasons I’ve decided to register was the wonderful atmosphere among all the members.
As I can see, I was totally right and for that thank you again.
What a great bunch of skincare addict you are!
Very Happy
Angyl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Anita. You guys are by far one of the nicest communities I've run across, and I've been a member of quite a few!

You might bankrupt me, but I can survive that! Laughing
Elise
5% products discount

Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All!
I'm a new poster but have been lurking here for about a year. So, here's the info on me:

I'm 47 years old with super dry skin. I have a few fine lines around my eyes but the main concern I have is eyelid droopiness. I may try the PSF Cranberry eye gel soon. Lots of people on the board seem to like it.

Anyway, just want to say Hi!
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
What a super idea Mabsy! Welcome, welcome, welcome, EVERYONE...i look forward to reading more great info.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:25 am      Reply with quote
A big welcome to all the new members. If any of you have the time, please take a few minutes to review your profile and perhaps add a few words to the signature line to let us know what your skin type and approximate age is. This can be very helpful when you ask advice on products etc as those wishing to respond will have an idea of your skin type.
You can find the link to your profile at the top of the Forum list.

Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Bushy - that's a great tip!

Welcome everyone and I hope that you do take the time to create a little signature with a bit of info about your skin type.

Anita - you and I come from the same place Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad that this thread was started.

I lurked for a couple of months over the summer before I ever posted or purchased anything from EDS. I felt reticent and shy because an online community is like any other community--it takes time and and a willingness to be observant and perceptive in order to learn what the etiquette of any community is and how to integrate yourself into the community as it already exists.

As a newbie, I have felt very awkward at times because I am a total ignoramus about skincare, need a lot of help/advice, but don't feel that I have much to contribute to help others at this point. I am very grateful to all of the kindhearted, generous advice that EDS forum members have already given me.

priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Stopping in to welcome our new friends!! Hi everyone wave I'm looking forward to getting to know you and hear what you have to say.. I'm so not an expert... Basically I come here to find out where the latest place is, for me to give my money... Laughing

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
This somehow ended up being posted in a new thread so I am copying it here and deleting the other one:

Quote:
lillilulu

Hello everyone, I found this forum by accident when googling skinceuticals a few months ago, and have been fascinated by it ever since. I am fairly new to the internet and didn't know these forums existed. May I just say that I have learned more about skin care from you girls than I have in all of my 40 year quest to have a better complexion (my problems began at 12/13. Thankyou to everyone that I have learned invaluable information from especially CareKate, Katee, Scallawag and too many others to name, I have enjoyed following all of their postings and I am now taking Hyaluronic Acid capsules, was lucky enough to buy a Jan Marini Eyelash Intervention from e-bay and will definitely be buying either Baby Quaser/Lightstim, when more results from both come in, and am seriosly thinking of buying IS Clinicals skincare to try. I'm so pleased I have finally had the nerve to register and join you all and hope to occasionally join in but I promise only if I have something valuable to add or if I need to ask anything and if CareKate reads this, if you don't mind sending your products to the UK, then please please please, add me to your customer list. Thanks again girls for this great Forum xx

ariesxtreme
Preferred Member

Let me be the first to say..welcome to the board!

sportygirl
Preferred Member

Welcome lillilulu! Hope you enjoy the board as much as I do! Very Happy

Also, as a side note, I would like to welcome all the "newbies" who joined in the last few weeks that I haven't been posting, so... welcome to you all!!

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
My name is Cindy Just joined Nov.3rd. Thought I would say hi to everyone. wave
lovelyme
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad you formed this thread so we can introduce ourselves, and find out more about others that are new too. I have been a member almost a month now. I love this site. I have gained to much info. about products I would love to try, and have bought products from some of the lines. I am a 61 year young redhead from No.central Tx. I am a grandmother of 5 wonderful grandkids. Love the beauty business. Was a hairdresser for a long time. Love people and helping them. I really look forward each day to reading about what all of you are doing and catching up on the new news of the skin world, and also what is going on in the members life. I am a prayer warrior and would be proud to add any and all the my prayer list at any time. Have a good one. lovelyme Very Happy Very Happy
happy.grl

Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've just joined up, although like many others i've been lurking for a while. I'm about to turn 30 and have started getting into the DIY and my searches for information is how I stumbled across the site.
It's a fantastic resource, with some awesome info and reciepes, so thanks, and a big HI to you all
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone wave Nice to meet all of you! Welcome to the forum Very Happy
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and WELCOME to all of you Exclamation

wave wave wave wave

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |