Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NEW MEMBERS: Introductions thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amita
5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I've posted to various skincare boards under different names, but for some reason, I've never come to this board before even though I've ordered from the essentialdayspa in the past! It's a really great forum!

I'm a 25 year old Canadian from Vancouver. I'm of east indian background, so black hair, tan skin.

I have combination skin - very dry on cheeks, and oily on forehead - I sometimes, but not often, have breakouts, but I get blackheads and have large pores on my nose, and get small bumps on my forehead.

I'm really into natural skin care lines without SLS, as I'm allergic to it, and, probably like most people who post here, I love to try new skin care products!
mystixx
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I'm new here chanced upon this board while surfing the net looking for stuffs. I'm from Singapore

Read through the forum before I registered, it really is great! with lots of info.

Hope to enjoy my stay here~!
Shez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone..
I chanced upon the forum of this website and I am so happy to have found EDS. I just purchased some beauty products from EDS for the first time and I am absolutely delighted and satisfied with the speed of receiving my beauty stuff Wink which included free trial sachets which I did not even request for Smile
Kudoes and many thanks to the staff of EDS for their efficiency and thoughtfulness. I will definitely be coming back here again.
shez
Shez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Angyl wrote:
Me in a nutshell:

23, combo/oily skin, Asian.
I just moved from Missouri to Cali, and my face is freaking out, which led me to care more about skincare, which led me to lurk here for a few months.
I think I have keratosis, but it's mostly on my legs. Annoying nontheless.

Angyl:

I too have oily clogged pores skin combi and i tried the oily range from sothys and it helps.
Especially the absorbant mask and desquacrem (for facial wash). Hope this helps.
Shez
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Velvettt wrote:
Hi all. I'm a Canadian (Barrie, Ontario) who married a Texan and moved to San Antonio almost 3 yrs ago. I went from snowbelt to sunbelt in one step and I STILL haven't figured out how to deal with my skin and makeup down here. Just to add to my adapting problems, I turned 50 a couple of months ago. No wonder I'm desperate! edited to add: forgot to mention I'm a blue-eyed blonde and have been fighting oily skin and acne since I was ten. Now I'm ... ahem... mature, I'm fighting wrinkles and occasional breakouts both.

Velvettt:
You may wish to explore sothys's oily-skin range of products. I am currently using the desquacrem and purifying facial washgel and it helps with the oil control Wink
"Age is only a number, what matters more is being young at heart Smile "
notjulia
5% products discount

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, obviously I am new in here.

I am from Hong Kong, and a girl under Accutane treatment right now... Confused so you can imagine I have bad bad bad skin. but tell you something, my skin is pretty good before, and acnes just came suddenly when I am 28. anyway, it's a long story.

Hey, I just want to tell you all that I love reading all your reviews, it helps me alot in choosing products even though I don't familiar with those brands (most products are not 'hot' in my place). Thanks so much~~ Wink
Sophi

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all...

This is the best site ever. I found it while searching for people who had similar bad experiences with a particular product. I can't wait to get started Exclamation
cstars
5% products discount

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
This is wonderful! I have made a few posts on various forums, here, but I am so pleased to find this 'welcome' forum. Very Happy

I admit to being a bit nervous about describing myself, but ...

55 years old (how did THAT happen??)
combination skin moving rapidly toward dry
getting puffy around the eyes, but not many wrinkles on my face
neck getting ..ugly
STILL get a blemish here or there, for no obvious reasons (definitely not hormones anymore Laughing )
havana8

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
hi ladies! wave sounds like you will all fit in very well and we are happy to have you! Dancing
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Huh ... I just found this!

I'm 52 and currently live in MI although I grew up in NY. (Loooooong story!)

I have four sons ranging in ages from 27 - 17. The oldest is a lawyer, the second one a musician, the third about to graduate from high school and the fourth is a junior in high school this year.

I've been divorced for over 10 years (maybe 12??) and am a teacher with my M.Ed is science education. I currently teach fourth grade.

We live with two fabulous rescue animals. Olive, a neurotic mutt who is the most LOVING girl I've ever met, and Larry ... an arrogant, self centered little black cat. We all adore them both.

For "fun" I run, garden and knit ... oh, and I dance. Salsa and tango. LOVE both.

I found this forum when another skin care forum I once heavily frequented got "under the weather" and has just never really recovered. I certainly appreciate both the wealthy of knowledge, the VOLUME of posts here, and the friedly upbeat attitudes.

Cheers!
Ruth/4sons

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ruth/4sons - I think you'll find quite a few of us recognise you from over there Wink (BTW, I'm not Molly over there - don't know who she is)
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I made a few posts before realizing there was an introductions thread..

I'm Nadine,age 46, living in VA, on a quest to slow the aging process and look FABULOUS as I approach my 50's.

I've been lurking here for about a year now, and have to give you ladies a big THANK YOU for all the wonderful posts here.

Ruth, don't be scared...I'm not stalking you!! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
I made a few posts before realizing there was an introductions thread..

I'm Nadine,age 46, living in VA, on a quest to slow the aging process and look FABULOUS as I approach my 50's.

I've been lurking here for about a year now, and have to give you ladies a big THANK YOU for all the wonderful posts here.

Ruth, don't be scared...I'm not stalking you!! Wink

Promise? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi Ruth/4sons - I think you'll find quite a few of us recognise you from over there Wink (BTW, I'm not Molly over there - don't know who she is)

Ok, Molly, 'fess up. Who are you??

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Molly wrote:

Ok, Molly, 'fess up. Who are you??

I don't know if she'll say....she told me she switches up her names because she enjoys chaos, or something to that effect. =)

I was over there for a little while and I remember coming across your threads that had been deleted. I'm glad you're here now though, because you clearly gave a lot of good advice!
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, sushi secret ... you are very kind.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Like everyone else I’ve also been lurking here for quite some time.
Its been 3 months that I discovered this site when i was googeling for remedies for chemical peel burn.

Since then m just putting so many question on this site....but cant help it you guys have great products and reviews and so much about skin care that m overwhelmed hmm and want to try almost all the things... Bad Grin ..I hve nvr been such a skin care freek...Laughing

I guess this site is very addictive the more you surf it more you want to be here.
Rolling Eyes

About me I am 29 year old with weatish complexion and have extremely sensitive skin with acne and with some white dry patches. Dry patch really gets worse on using anything harsh and acne gets worst using anything even little creamy or oily. I easily get sun damage.Mad
Now days i have so many scars on my face.Brick wall

Looking for advise on skin care routine.... Pray

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone Smile
I just discovered EDS and I'm SO thrilled to find a forum!I need serious help with my skin, I'm 24 and have oily skin with constant bad breakouts (since I was 12). I've tried many over the counter products and realised they don't work for me. I'm currently using Sothys skincare and Jane Iredale makeup and occasional microderm and peels I've seen improvement but my skins still not good. Do you have any recommendations or advise you could offer? Thanks!!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Kyrya - I have dry skin so am not the best person to make recommendations for you, but I know a lot of people swear by the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) that you can find in the DIY Section. As strange as it sounds, you can fight oil with oil! Shock

I'm sure other oilier skinned members than me will be able to help you with other recommendations.
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks I'll give it a try :)
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for recommending the Oil Cleansing Method to me, I tried it out today and my skin seems much happier! I added a few extra essential oils to help the breakouts. I'm also going to try the aspirin mask. Thanks again!!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kyrya wrote:
Thanks for recommending the Oil Cleansing Method to me, I tried it out today and my skin seems much happier! I added a few extra essential oils to help the breakouts. I'm also going to try the aspirin mask. Thanks again!!!

That's brilliant, Kyrya!

You've obviously been having a good old peek at the DIY section. There are loads of great recipes to try there.

Hope your skin continues to improve.
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kyrya wrote:
Hi Everyone Smile
I just discovered EDS and I'm SO thrilled to find a forum!I need serious help with my skin, I'm 24 and have oily skin with constant bad breakouts (since I was 12). I've tried many over the counter products and realised they don't work for me. I'm currently using Sothys skincare and Jane Iredale makeup and occasional microderm and peels I've seen improvement but my skins still not good. Do you have any recommendations or advise you could offer? Thanks!!!

Hi Kyrya,
I've started using Dr. Hauschka products and have much much less breakouts. I started with Rhythmic Night Conditioner and really made a big difference. Since then, I'm sticking to Dr. Hauschka. It's a bit pricey, but I don't want to go back to the products with lots and lots of chemicals...
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluePacific! Thanks for your recommendation, I've read a few rave reviews on Dr. H products so I think I'll give them a go. Hopefully my skin will get better.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Why is there a "subject" line when I reply to a post? I'm replying to the post I just read...so why is it there? What happens if I don't fill it in???
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |